Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so when will those DD's become available? are they for 1/10 4wd front and rear?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GymBeam
so when will those DD's become available? are they for 1/10 4wd front and rear?
Looks like the summer of 07 for the DD's. And it looks like they are for 1/10 scale trucks and 1/8th scales right now. Hopefully, if they are successful tires, they will be made for other types of vehicles.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im positive J will make them for all vehicles usually specific tires either work on truck or they dont hence the why they were made for truck first but being a fly at the track you see a little more than you are suppose to as well. J does great work and makes great products and you always know that everything he makes has gone through an extreme amount of testing first
Old 03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ahsikes
Andy, tell Jason that if he needs a test pilot for these tracks in Jacksonville, I'm his man.
Haha, will do Aaron.

[GymBeam] -I really cant say about the exact release date, as some minor tweeks were needed. So once they are complete and the tires prove to be up to Jason's standard, then well get a firm date.

[d4man] -We're hoping we can get them out by then, as long as everything that we're doing right now goes smoothly. I'll do my best to keep you guys abreast of the situation.

[punkracer24] -Im glad you enjoyed seeing prototype stuff.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Andy,

I see you guys copied the proline hotshot T with that one....

I suppose it is easier to make copies isn't it
Old 03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

J Concepts making tires... Interesting!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Muppett
Andy,

I see you guys copied the proline hotshot T with that one....

I suppose it is easier to make copies isn't it
There are still tweeks in the works, but we appreciate your attack.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Muppet, Jason used to work for proline. probably why they look so similar. after watching Maifield runs for 45 minutes to win the truck at nitro challenge. when he got done i looked at the tires and other than being dirty, they looked great. where as some of the guys who tried holeshots, they were either somewhat shot or they changed during the race. they still looked good but not as good as the DD's. the most important part of a tire to me is compound and wear, thats where i think the differences will be, not so much in tread design. so i think the attack is a bit unfair, fact is cetain tire designs jsut work, its whats inside that counts, the stuff you can't see. is bridgstone or dunlop, or michelin wrong for all making slicks for street bike racers?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

[AzBobby] -Good insight, I was a little too upset to explain all that at first, thank you!

EDIT-To add to that, we're developing different compounds, so the only way to make sure that they are correct is by using a proven design. As you can see, the center bars have changed already, as well as the support ribs around the sidewall. These were preproduction tires, and if you notice no information suggesting otherwise was written in the press release. No part numbers, pricing, or exact release date.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No worries. i'll always be somewhere, but most definetely in the Jconcepts camp. after meeting Jason and Brian the first time about three years ago at the Catus Classic and having a BJ since they came out, knowing what his vision and desires are i know we will always see a top notch product from Jconcepts. imagine what it must have been like to develop and design a car that only about a year or so later WON its First world title and also finished third in that class. also may have been a top three sweep i dont remeber actually. That's not something you see very often or from companies that run around coping everyone else's designs. they wouldn't stray from their visions now, only to copy someone else. but like i said certain just work and thats the way it is. It amazes me even more that Jason has to race at all and put out all the new products that Jconcepts have released over the last year alone, or has time to sleep. Knowing him and Brian now even puts me in their corner all the more. these Guys and all the others at Jconcepts are killing themselves, that means alot to people who have to spend hard earned bucks to be able to race. Jconcepts will have more of money coming to them just as soon as i get a big brother bag and its smaller counter parts also. I have never spent a 100 bucks on nine toole before for my r/c's but i will be and how ever much the bag will end up being. but i dont mind spending money on things that have had so much effort put into them. its very cool you started this thread also Andy, makes it alot of fun discussing Jconcepts so much. i hope to see one day at the track.

Thanks Jconcepts for their designs and their cars. Even more so for their support at a big race when they have so much going in prepping their own cars as well as the work they do for the factory guys freeing up their time to work on other things.
Bobby
Old 03-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Bobby, you need to let me wheel that BJ sometime...

They get a 4wd class at SRS at all?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Copy or no copy, I cant wait to try a set on my T4/GT2...

Would you advise using a different foam or is the stock foam better than most OEM foams?
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

D4man,

Will you be at Pit Stop for the 1/10 Nitro regional in June? I wonder if the new tire would work at McCullough's indoor track for the electric Regionals???

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 03-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by d4man
Copy or no copy, I cant wait to try a set on my T4/GT2...

Would you advise using a different foam or is the stock foam better than most OEM foams?

It depends on track conditions, but I will say that we've taken care of the details.

[AzBobby] -PM Sent. Jason and Brad dont post in this thread, but they are well aware of what is posted and they definately appreciate all the positive feedback. I know youve seen both bags in action, but more official pics may be available soon, haha. Keep an eye out. As far as starting the thread, not a problem, I wanted to allow people a place to discuss our products and to be able to talk directly to us for better service. Jason is constantly slammed with emails, so I was/am hoping that questions can be voice in here to ease that.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I like the idea of another tire company, but right now. I am honestly waiting for the illuzion body for the 8ight T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.