Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 10:07 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PW
Wow That seems like a really tough combo. I think you're on the right track with black compound. If they blow it off at all, then I would try black Dirt Webs, if not, then black Reflexes.
Thanks for the quick reply. Very nice to get support so quickly, especially during the holiday season. Looks like the splitters may be another option that may work on this surface. I'll order some tires right away and will report back with my findings once i get through the first trade day.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

DBM, I'm guessing 8 degress in Celsius right? That's still darn cold for any tire to work in.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:41 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mason
DBM, I'm guessing 8 degress in Celsius right? That's still darn cold for any tire to work in.
Yup, 8 degrees celcius air temp. I'm sure the track surface is colder. :/ It is minus 28 celcius right now here in Saskatchewan.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the "P2" body for the B6, last spotted at the Worlds, will make it into production, even though AE didn't win? It was designed for outdoors, it'd be ideal for where I race
Old 01-02-2018, 06:02 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Does anyone know if the "P2" body for the B6, last spotted at the Worlds, will make it into production, even though AE didn't win? It was designed for outdoors, it'd be ideal for where I race
Yes
HeavyD99, BK24 and Scott R like this.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:52 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DBM
Yup, 8 degrees celcius air temp. I'm sure the track surface is colder. :/ It is minus 28 celcius right now here in Saskatchewan.
I attended a practice day at the track on Saturday. The surface temp was 3.8C which is around 35F iirc. It was VERY cold outside that day...minus 35C which is minus 31F.

My order of JConcepts tires/wheels is scheduled to arrive on Thursday so i will be using them on Sunday. I ordered front and rear reflex's as well as splitters for the rear. I should probably order an alternative set of front tires to try out.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM
I attended a practice day at the track on Saturday. The surface temp was 3.8C which is around 35F iirc. It was VERY cold outside that day...minus 35C which is minus 31F.

My order of JConcepts tires/wheels is scheduled to arrive on Thursday so i will be using them on Sunday. I ordered front and rear reflex's as well as splitters for the rear. I should probably order an alternative set of front tires to try out.
DBM - 1st race I had gold Dirtwebs front & rear - they had zero forward bite...I don't think clay compounds will ever work with the surface/temps. I bought Rips (green) & Dirt Maze (r2) and am quite happy - good forward drive; just needed a bit more steering in the back sweeper. Reflex was going to be my next set to try. Aaron H. had been trying a number of different JC patterns with mixed results.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:44 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kja812
DBM - 1st race I had gold Dirtwebs front & rear - they had zero forward bite...I don't think clay compounds will ever work with the surface/temps. I bought Rips (green) & Dirt Maze (r2) and am quite happy - good forward drive; just needed a bit more steering in the back sweeper. Reflex was going to be my next set to try. Aaron H. had been trying a number of different JC patterns with mixed results.
Aaron D had mentioned that dirtwebs had zero forward bite, too.
After experiencing a lack of ability to put power down with Marcel's losi, i was expecting the same thing with my buggy, so i left my rear wing tall and moved the rear wheels forward 1mm when i built it. Turns out my buggy has decent rear grip but lacks steering, especially on the fast sweepers on/off the straight. Then It occurred to me that my uber tall rear wing is likely to blame. I may have overcompensated. I'll cut the wing down and possibly move the battery forward 6mm.
I was running m3 blockades on the rear and m3 holeshots up front, both with open cell foam. It was all that express hobbies had, and Ultra only had dirtwebs in indoor/clay compounds.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi, Is there any plans to release the Reflex 10th scale tires in a 2.2" version. I believe they are only available in 60mm currently.

Also I use the 3D tires alot on my 4wd outdoors here in Australia. And because it is now summertime I am using the Blue compound alot. The issue is a lack of a 4wd front tire to use with with the 3D rears. If we are using the green compound then there is no issue because you can use the Double Dees but when using Blue compound what would you suggest as a front tire? Using a bar tire is ok but a small pin front works better in our conditions.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Reedy Race Green JConcepts Satellites

Paul or Jason,

Will the Green JCon Satellites be offered again this year for the Reedy Race?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default RC10 T4 Bodies

I know this is a long shot and I’m probably in the minority here, but would you ever consider bringing back at least one T4 body? Associated has discontinued the unpainted Interceptor bodies and it doesn’t look like there is anything else out there now except RTR bodies. Thanks for listening.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:52 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fatbear
Hi, Is there any plans to release the Reflex 10th scale tires in a 2.2" version. I believe they are only available in 60mm currently.

Also I use the 3D tires alot on my 4wd outdoors here in Australia. And because it is now summertime I am using the Blue compound alot. The issue is a lack of a 4wd front tire to use with with the 3D rears. If we are using the green compound then there is no issue because you can use the Double Dees but when using Blue compound what would you suggest as a front tire? Using a bar tire is ok but a small pin front works better in our conditions.
Yes; 2.2 Reflex is on the list.

Unfortunately we don't currently have a suitable 4wd front pin tire in blue compound. The 2.4 Blue Reflex was really good in the front, but we are sold out of those. The 2.2 Reflex will replace those when finished.
Will the Green JCon Satellites be offered again this year for the Reedy Race?
I'm not sure what we are doing this year, but I doubt we will do the same color. We normally like to change things up each year.

I know this is a long shot and I’m probably in the minority here, but would you ever consider bringing back at least one T4 body? Associated has discontinued the unpainted Interceptor bodies and it doesn’t look like there is anything else out there now except RTR bodies. Thanks for listening.
Unfortunately items just run their course and can't last forever. However, I will pass along the request, but not sure we even have the mold anymore.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:58 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Paul, is there an ETA on #0352/L yet?
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-05-2018, 06:11 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mes
Paul, is there an ETA on #0352/L yet?
Thanks in advance!
Production versions will debut at the Reedy Race and then will be released right after
Old 01-05-2018, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Any plans for a Dirt Maze stadium truck tire?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.