Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 10:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Still waiting for my motorplate to come in but I believe I'm wearing just about everything jconcepts has. Even the B main needs to look good lol.

camc71 and symmetricon like this.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:25 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slodsm
Still waiting for my motorplate to come in but I believe I'm wearing just about everything jconcepts has. Even the B main needs to look good lol.
Looking great and thank you for the support!!!
Old 04-14-2017, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Yes, testing went well and we are going into production. I don't have an ETA though.
ok good to hear!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Very nice looking buggy
Old 04-15-2017, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Will the jconcepts aluminum camber gauge work on a 1/8 scale ?
Old 04-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is there a reason jconcepts docent make an S2 or F2 body for the 22-4 2.0 ?, I have the Silencer on there now, but would be nice to have a more modern style.
Tanis103 likes this.
Old 04-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnyrcr
Is there a reason jconcepts docent make an S2 or F2 body for the 22-4 2.0 ?, I have the Silencer on there now, but would be nice to have a more modern style.
I believe JConcepts currently does not have a TLR team driver. As such, I would expect bodies to be available much later, if at all, than for kits run by their team drivers.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:47 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by evolution03
Will the jconcepts aluminum camber gauge work on a 1/8 scale ?
Unfortunately no, to small.

I believe JConcepts currently does not have a TLR team driver. As such, I would expect bodies to be available much later, if at all, than for kits run by their team drivers.
The main reason is the chassis has a very unique shape and current models of the S2/F2 aren't easily changed to fit (basically ground up changes).

We actually have several TLR drivers on the team, but maybe not any A-list Pros.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW

The main reason is the chassis has a very unique shape and current models of the S2/F2 aren't easily changed to fit (basically ground up changes).

We actually have several TLR drivers on the team, but maybe not any A-list Pros.
Unfortunately JConcepts caters to their A-list Pro drivers needs and wants instead of the consumers that "Buy" their product. I'm always hesitant to spend my dollar towards them if something else is available.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabulous
Unfortunately JConcepts caters to their A-list Pro drivers needs and wants instead of the consumers that "Buy" their product. I'm always hesitant to spend my dollar towards them if something else is available.
I'm sure that couldn't be further from the truth. If they didn't cater to those who bought their products then they simply wouldn't be in business. Someone has to pay the bills and the expenses for the pro drivers as well as r&d costs, employee salaries, hell even the electric bill. That would be the people who buy the products.
slashracer111 and Scott R like this.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW

Thanks for the clarification! Yeah, I guess I was just thinking of A-list guys because that's pretty much all I find news about. When Maifield left TLR, I expected the TLR vehicles to get a backseat as you had to crank up support for him on new platforms now. It makes perfect sense and I'm not upset about it or judging in any sort of way. Just the reality of what seems to be going on.

What I think we need to realize is that any company like JC has competing interests: they have to put out products that paying consumers will buy, but they also need to support their drivers because that is essentially the promotion and advertising for the brand. Most of the big companies, I guess I'm thinking mainly of JC and PL, seem to do a pretty good job of this. It's a tightrope walk for sure.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by Fabulous; 04-17-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

I'm sure that couldn't be further from the truth. If they didn't cater to those who bought their products then they simply wouldn't be in business. Someone has to pay the bills and the expenses for the pro drivers as well as r&d costs, employee salaries, hell even the electric bill. That would be the people who buy the products.
You miss my point. JC makes great products. I have a lot spent on their products and would have a lot more. However as my signature indicates I have TLR cars. As indicated by someone asking for a more modern version S2 or even a F2 body for their 22-4, JC pretty much came back with a No. Point is if your not a A-Main driver for them chances are you might not see what you want even though its been produced for a different car. (AE verses TLR) Not long after the B6 and B64 came out new bodies followed. Understandingly so since Jason is a founder of the B44 (BJ4) and is a Team driver for Associate everything his company produces is directed around his/Associate cars. Now my point before is that if your not a team A-main driver for JC you may or may not see them produce it for other cars. Ryan Mayfield (A-main driver for JC) is a perfect example; drove for TLR and the S2 body made for the 22 3.0 shortly after. Now driving for Yokomo and yep two bodies produced for both his cars 2wd/4wd. So catering to A-main drivers or the consumer? Unless you have a monster truck. What ever JC produces will sell. They have a reputation for quality parts. Consumers will buy their product if they offer it.

TLR 22 4.0 soon to be released. Let wait and see if JC makes a S2 or F2 for this car to prove my opinion.

Last edited by Fabulous; 04-17-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW

Thank you for the quick response, makes sense to me, still like the silencer better than the stock body.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sorry if this question has been asked before or answered elsewhere, but are there plans to bring Pin Downs and/or Swaggers to SCT?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.