Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official xxx-nt sport 2 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well it was really my fault cause I was gunning it around in the street and he was driving by and I lost control of it SUCKS ... I dont think I was being smart at the time ,,but uts ok ... Im gonna go with horizon hobbys to get the parts cause I can get the RTR wheels and tires there for the front ... There isnt enough bulletproofing in the world that couldve stopped that mailman

Ya Im deffinatly getting the draked pipe Thats gonna be the big benifit of this mishap!!!!! All in all Its gonna cost like 80.00 to repair the thing
Luckily it was a short parts list::: pipe, front tower, to new wheels and tires
and one shock cup set and fuel tank ....

No shocks or turnbucklles or any thing anodized was harmed but the chasis underside scratches like freddy krueger underneath!!1
Old 02-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Kewl man, let us know how the drake pipe goes and if there is a noticiable difference.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Ya I will give it a week or 2 for the loot to hit but it'll be done
Old 02-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Well parts should be here in 2 or 3 days !!!! Get this baby back up and runnin!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

What kind of rims other than losi ones fit the xxxnt?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys I think I have the same car you guys have, I hope so anyway!

Just bought it yesterday, and had to work all day today

Here's a picture! Let me know what you think!

Old 02-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default I have a engine question

i have a question I bought a xxxnt rtr version 1 truck. Got it used from a member on here. But I am wondering I want to replace the mach .15 engine and I have on order a pek 6005 .12 pullstart 3 port I think it is a slide carb and I think it has a rpm range of 40,000 plus. Is this a good choice for my gas truck also how much faster will it be then the mach .15 that is in it. Also do they sell the reciever box separatly as mine is missing that. It is the reciever for the radio and not the reciever pack box in the rear.

thanks
andre vanlaarhoven
Old 02-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by J30Guy612
Hey guys I think I have the same car you guys have, I hope so anyway!

Just bought it yesterday, and had to work all day today

Here's a picture! Let me know what you think!

That is the exact same basically but the one I have comes with chrome rims and a RE .15 engine (rear exhaust) and roto start!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounds good Couple questions:

What's a roto start?

What can I do for sort of a tune up? Like new air filter, etc?

Also, what would be the biggest performance upgrade for my car? A new exhuast pipe, upgraded motor, etc?

Thanks!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

I meant spin start but its basically the same concept Its a kit you can get to replace the pullstart on your motor..
Its like a pullstart without the pull all you do is attach the drill like device press the button and it starts your engine... Its kindof a pain to lug around with you everywhere so if you have know problems with youre pullstart dont even bother!!
Motorsaver air filters are a good investment!!!

Also I just ordered the Adam drake pipe tuned for mine ,,,heard it has a better performance level than the sport tuned pipe..
A buddy reccommended that I get a VANTAGE CARBON FIBER EXHAUST
said there extreme!!!!
But unfortunatly money dosent go on trees!!!

AS far as engines O.S. are the affordable engines that last and put out power real well..

Novarossi, wasp, sirio, trinity draked engines, dynamite , these engines are all good some greater than others!!

Last edited by LOWGEARED; 02-25-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

i Cant believe you want more out of it, the mach .15 is heaps for the truck, but yeh if its 2nd hand and has lost a bit of hp id diff go with the OS, my friend uses a os .12 for his mugen stad truck and he came in 4th at the nationals with it. I through on a set of bowties on the back and hole shots on the front with mugen rims and omg the difference, i actually have grip now and made it so easy to get around the track. The truck is still holding up nicely, it pulled out quite a few laps yesterday and performed flawlessly and came home just as it left, just a bit dirtier, not that i can say the same for my buggy with my vspec that wouldnt hold a tune, looked inside and it was like a horror show, this cracked, that flogged out, that shouldnt look like that, this is stuffed, need to replace that..it sucked.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the replies guys

Well at the local hobby shop where I bought it, the owner told me that he just put in a new piston and sleeve in the car, not sure what that means?

Anyway, he told me I had to take it easy on the car for the first 3-4 tanks, and not open it up all the way, basically just cruise around at partial throttle in cirlces and stuff. Then said bring it back, and he would tune it up for me after the motor was broken in.

So I haven't really had a chance to open up the car to full throttle, just wondering if there are any parts that a lot of people upgrade on this car? That's why I was asking about the exhuast and motor upgrades.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, just new to all of this!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Sounds like he has pretty much rebuilt the engine except for bearings, conrod & Crank, you should have plenty of compression. He is just telling you to break in the engine as if it was new, which is the correct thing to do after a rebuild. Do what he told you to do. When your driving around slowly dont stay in the same rev range for very long, i like to slowly increase the throttle then slowly bring it back down. Try to get the engine over 100C (not sure what that is in Farenheit) if its not getting up to temp, put a sock over the engine heatsink or tie a rag around it. I usually go up and down on the rev range to about 1/3 throttle until ive put about 4 tanks through it, then after that slowly increase the throttle more after each tank, after about 1/3 - 1/2 a litre i give it full throttle (bring it up to full throttle slowly) for only a quick second here and there. Another good idea ive found is after each tank shut it down, bring the piston down to neutral and let it cool down, then put another tank through it and repeat till about a litre has gone through it. After a litre or maybe 2 tanks more than a litre its time for tuning. You wont be able to really tell what the mach .15 can put out yet, you will find after each tank it will loosen up and start coming on nicely. Once its broken in and tuned you can really see what it puts out power wise. Only thing i can see that could use bulletproofing on the actual truck is the front and rear arms (only thing ive broken on the truck), you can get them in either graphite from losi or most hobby shops or aluminium off asia tees http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...l=XXX-NT&pid=1
and maybe stronger front and rear bulk heads.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Ya thats how I broke mine in and its sick!!! 1st -4 tanks blipped the throttle while driving casiually around the parking lot at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle blips for short periods of time... temps in 2oo to 230 Farenheit
range... cooling off between runs then tanks 5 thru 8 began steadier throttle ranges taking it WOT for a few seconds at a time running it rich of course a.....
After the 8th tank I tuned it and you can really feel great with this engine Its not a bad engine at all..

Cant wait to get that AD2 pipe it should be here in 1 or 2 days...
Old 02-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks a lot for the info guys! I appreciate it!

I am going to finish breaking in today, and going to take it down to the hobby shop and hopefully he can tune it up for me

Let us know how that ehxuast pipe works out for you.

Also, do you have a link to the exhuast pipe?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.