Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official xxx-nt sport 2 thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Havent heard of it in any other threads or at least it should its a monster diff. Plus I just trust that TEAM LOSI name I know Robinson makes one for it but you shouldnt need it for a hot one!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Im one of those types, if its manufactured by the manufacturer... Im using!!! Then I stay with them! Team LOSI has all the parts available that you will ever need to upgrade your ride.. Me persomally I will never through an after market part on this brilliant piece of machinery. Only if its a hop up made by losi for losi.....Engine is an exception of course!
Old 02-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

What about sus arms and shock towers, have you broke any of them? They look quite flimsey. Its just i drive quite a long way to race and there are minimal spares that ppl sell, i just wanna try and bullet proof it as much as possible so a bad crash etc doesnt take me out for the whole day.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

HERES A LIST OF AD2 HOP UPS to toughen your xxx nt :::
http://www.teamlosi.com/Search/Defau...Release&Page=3
Old 02-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

The only non-Losi part on my AD2 race trucks, are the Trinity aluminum front pivot blocks; not for strength, but for the additional weight. The OEM tranny pieces hold up great and leave no need to be upgraded. If built and adjusted correctly, the tranny is nearly bulletproof.

The AD2 front and rear suspension pieces are a little more beefy than the RTR parts, and using the AD2 front and rear axles will allow you to use the same wheel front and rear.

lowgeared - The water gets attracted into the tank because there is alcohol in the fuel we use. If it's cold or humid outside, you can use something to prop the tank open and that will stop the water droplets from forming, but they won't necessarily hurt anything.

Another thing this thread hasn't covered; make sure to run your truck completely out of gas, and use after-run oil, Marvel Mystery Oil, or WD-40 through the glow plug hole (not the carb) after you're done running for the day. The same way that the alcohol in leftover fuel will attract water droplets in your fuel tank, it will do so in your engine. Rust is bad!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

I figured proping it will do!! I thought I heard that somewhere!! And I always run it out even after it dies on the road I start it back up to clear additional fuel !!!!!

Oh remember when I told you that it was hard to start at factory settings? Well I take a punch in the face for this one and it dont happen anymore but I was putting a drop of ARO in the carb!! ?And in the sleeve? Only one of those was correct! So stupid huh? Dont think I hurt it though it cleared out eventually!!! That was a simple case of the dummys!! So let me get this straight.

When I tune my HSN Im gonna tune it so that it performs and holds temps well throughout my hole entire throttle range (sound and sight)

When I get that then I will adjust the LSN using the pinch or 10 second to punch methodadjusting it accordingly to how it feels and sounds on take off!

Idle it to a medium so it will run but not overload?

Sounds like Im catching on!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Bump it up!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

bump
Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Well took it out again today ,,,made sure to preheat and wrap the engine ... she pumped a good bluestream today tuned the hsn for overall acceleration when I got that done I tuned the lsndidnt need much .... MAN that boy screams... I finally got it down.. The temps for the most part were fluxing between 212 and 240!!!! I could tell when I set that HSN needle to rich cause past 1/2 throttle it died on me so I turnd it back to where it was before it died out. It Idles for 10 seconds and the idle will drop .. I guess thats right about on huh?
Cause its loading up?
Old 02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

FrankBlack- if your going to a track where spare parts are hard to find for your losi i suggest picking up a pair of front and rear a-arms. those are probably one of the parts you'll break first. could possilble pick up a shock tower but it's your choice. Graphite is whats on the xxx-ntad2 and is better than plastic.

hope this helps.

Alex.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

bump
Old 02-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Can you get the spoiler that is on the ad2 body on its own?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Why are the 1/8 scales prevailing!!!!! My 1/10 will smoke yalls 1/8s whats up with all the xxx nt owners? I have a feeling its cause of the 1/8 scales or the 4 wheel drives bigger and easier??? No offense to the 1/10 racers !!!!! I just cant understand why the tripleX NT2 aint getting no love!!!!! Yall dissin my XXX NT 2 ??? I remember when the vintage rc10 buggy was hot and it was the biggest thing..... I'll upgrade to a truggy next year!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

probably because the truck has been out longer than you think. the love has been here but is not showing anymore.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

That sounded so sad how you said that!!!
I guess with the world shifting to 8th scale monster buggys and truggys I can see why I want one to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.