Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Off-road!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

we just run the setup that adam drake used to win at the dirt in hemet.....it is a great setup.....you can find it on losis page...
Old 09-19-2001, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

What is with the Losi "Shock Ends" now a days? They won't even hold the balls anymore. Is the factory mold worn out?

I have found a way to fix them but it is somewhat short lived. I take my needle nosed pliers and crush the outer edges inward in about three places around the inside of the circle.

Rick
Old 09-19-2001, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi there, I've had a couple of touring cars ranging from the entire Tamiy TA series, Kyosho TF series, Tamiya Super Champ, Tamiya Frog, Mugen MTX-2, T-Maxx and most recently...a XXXNT! I've dropped in my CV-R (from the TG-10) and boy this truck flies!!!

any tips I should know about the XXXNT?
Old 09-19-2001, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

use adam drakes setup for the dirt...it rocks....
Old 09-24-2001, 10:59 AM
Suspended

How about the XXXT spec truck

Originally posted by mr. losi
use adam drakes setup for the dirt...it rocks....
Do you think the setup info would work on the XXXT Spec Truck also?
The track I run on is kinda loose in the corners but hard packed on the straights, narrow lanes with lots of jumps and moguls.
I run my truck with the same basic setup that the manual recommends, But I am using the XXXT transmission assy and drive shafts, not the sliders that came with the truck.
Old 09-24-2001, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

I need help with my clutch bearings...it started out with a large sound...thinking that I broke the CV-R con rod...but after inspection, I found out that the clutch bearing disintegrated!!! (into a few pieces!). I'd like to know why...another racer here also broke his clutch bearings...what makes them go bonkers?
Old 09-24-2001, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

I finally got an awesome setup on my XXX this weekend! Won all four races, and set a new TR in each one
Old 09-24-2001, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)
Default TO ALL XXXKINWALD ED. (OUTDRIVE BEARING SEALS)

To all xxx kinwald ed owners,

Hi, I'm currently a owner of a xxx kinwald, I would like to get some feedback, about the outdrive bearings. This is the first Time I've encountered, the bearing seals comming off the out drive bearings on the 2nd battery. My orther 2 pals had the same experiance, Do you think we can claim for warranty?

personally I think the blue seal bearing are more relayable, this bearing are from the xx kits.

Paulc,
That is a nightmare all losi's NXT and XXX-nt, but not me because I don't use mine offen, you should be careful with the gap between gears, and clean the clutch bearing regularly. Last sunday I think my idler gear just said goodbye. These brings you the latest victim in the losi clutch bearing killer like 3 laps, eugine, impulsive.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Emer: You might be able to get replacements from losi, but most likely you will have to send them in to get the replacements. If the bearings are still smooth and not gritty, put the seals back on if you have them, or if one side of the bearing still has the seal then put them in so that the shielded side is facing towards the outside to deflect dirt and the open side is on the inside of the sealed diff case! Give losi a call, see what they say, I got free replacements on my XX4 when the front hub bearings kept blowing out (a common problem at the time of the XX4 release) but I had to send in the destroyed bearings to get the replacements, which would mean you have to wait or buy new bearings anyway if you want to keep running it and can't wait!
Old 09-24-2001, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

WailinOnYa

Most likely, I think this will happen. Both of my seal are off, if i will send them to CA, and i'm here in manila the shipping is expensive. I think I still have to send them so that the guys in Losi will know, that their bearing seals are week. Anyway I still have some replacements bearing 1/2 x 3/4. The blue seal type in my NXT blow-out it seal too, way back in 1999.

How about Dynamite red seal, are they good? Thanks for the reply man!
Old 09-25-2001, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

emer: I can't really comment on the Dynamite Red Seal bearings because I have never used them, but I would imagine that they are pretty good! Boca bearings makes great bearings also, I think their lower budget Green seal bearings would also be a good choice or in a similar price range.
Old 09-25-2001, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Paulc - Too address the clutch bearing problems, there are a few things you can do....

1. Clean regularly as mentioned above. Use Mobil 1 "one lube" to re-oil them. Slick 50 makes a similar product "Slick one" to do the same. They are synthetic spray lubes and both will hold up to the heat better than standard bearing oil.

2. Make sure your gear mesh is not too tight. This creates extra friction and heat that will damage both the bearings and the clutch bell it's self, not to mention, melt the spur gear.

3. Make sure your clutch shoes aren't dragging at idle, or slipping at RPM. Again, the friction and heat issues come into play. Dragging comes from too loose of a return spring and or too high of an idle setting. If you have to hold the brake to keep the truck from rolling forward while idling, then the clutch is dragging.

4. Add a third unflanged bearing in between the the two outer bearings. This is just an added bit of support and takes some of the load off the other bearings. Plus, if you blow a bearing in the middle of a race, you still have two that should hold out to finish the race.
Old 09-25-2001, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is what I do with my clutch bearings.

I first ditch the kit metal shielded bearings, and get a pair of good teflon sealed ones. The next plan is to remove the seals and blow them out with motor spray. I then pack them with the Losi white grease. Not too much, just get a nice coating through the bearing. Take a Q-tip and remove all the excess grease you can.

Replace the seals and you are done. I have pair of bearings in my truck that have a least two gallons through them. I changed them last week with a new pair, since I was going to the Gas Regional Championship. I changed them because they were sloppy.

This works better than any other idea I have seen. Just don't use too much grease, or it might get into the clutch. You really don't even need that much grease on the inside bearing. The outer one seems to get more abuse, and there is really no way for the grease from the outer bearing to get to the clutch, since it would have to pass through the inner bearing to do so.

Enjoy....
Old 09-25-2001, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Cool

I have the blue sealed ones from the standard XXX kit. About every two weeks I remove the clip and seal, clean them and fill them with moli grease.
Old 10-02-2001, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys. I just picked up my first off road, a losi XX4 Worlds and i love it. Have you guys got any setup tips? It likes to stay nice and level off of jumps, but i'd like to be able to get the nose up a little to lessen the blow when it lands. It even stays level when i stay full throttle off the jump. any tips would be appreciated, as i plan on getting into the racing scend. touring cars are beginning to become BORING! thanx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.