Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1072Likes

Team Associated B7 and B7D

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2024, 07:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Roger, so you say drive the b7 more like a touring car, not having driven one, is that more like the old school grass and 1200 Nicad days when I first started, ie smoother wider lines keep the speed up.
RogerM likes this.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

just ordered mine for carpet, first time on a 2wd buggy and just getting back into the hobby after being out for years.

can any one point me to things i should pick up to go along with my kit. i have the needed stuff (kit/esc/servo/motor)

wondering about stuff you would/should have to go with it.

also what tires are people running on carpet, will need to order those also

thanks for the help in advance
Old 03-28-2024, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RogerM
Interesting, shows fine on my phone and the Chromebook it was created on. Will revise on a Windows machine and resubmit, sorry about that!
Shocks are 1 hole in from outside, rear link is in the middle hole.
There is a bug in the built in PDF reader in Chrome. Its something in the way that the Google version handles the variable fields in the file type. Inside their own plug in, its fine. But when you go external to it, on the official reader, or in FireFox or Edge, which are using code from Adobe themselves, it causes rendering issues. Especially on variable data fields, like a set up sheet, or an order table, etc. Anything with multiple entry data fields really.

Its really annoying. And in classic Software Developer fashion...both blame the other for the problem, and we as the consumer are left with an inferior experience. Its really fun on things like super important VeriSign Documents, like closing paperwork on a house. #AskMeHowIKnow
RogerM and Pistol123 like this.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hippo_408
just ordered mine for carpet, first time on a 2wd buggy and just getting back into the hobby after being out for years.

can any one point me to things i should pick up to go along with my kit. i have the needed stuff (kit/esc/servo/motor)

The usual extra front arms, bulkhead, and hinge pins based on frequent replacements in B6.4.

Any upgrade I’d suggest would be a ceramic bearing kit for the transmission.

JConcept Fuzz Bites are really popular on carpet in the US. If running in turf Sirens in the rear.
Old 03-29-2024, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hi mate

Where are you racing? Any idea what type of carpet it is at your local track?
Old 03-29-2024, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by andrewcoley
Hi mate

Where are you racing? Any idea what type of carpet it is at your local track?

ill be running here at norcal hobbies in san jose california, going to run the 17.5 class

Nor-Cal Hobbies
i dont know what kind of carpet it is here is some video from them last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K81JsN8HdAU
Grega0121 likes this.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Anybody tried truck front springs in the rear, they are shorter, but with a 5mm spring cup they should fit.
Cheers
Old 03-30-2024, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

ill be running here at norcal hobbies in san jose california, going to run the 17.5 class

Nor-Cal Hobbies

Honestly your best bet is to ask a local, or preferably a few, and find out what works best.

I'm UK based and we run almost exclusively Schumacher tyres on carpet, but there may be more suitable options for you from other suppliers depending on the carpet type.

Regarding spares, if the track shop is well stocked don't carry any, buy them as you need them.

Altenate springs and setup stuff is what you want in the box 👍 Check out some local setups and see if there’s much you need. Tyres, pistons and springs are the main items.

Last edited by andrewcoley; 04-03-2024 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Finally finished my B7 build. I took my time and went for quality. My typical build process is pre-tapping holes for titanium, sanding mold flashing, and polishing hinge pins. I also label are re-bag all remaining parts per the instruction manual bag number.
  • All Carbon FT Plastics: Front Ball Stud Mount, Top Plate, Side Guards, Arms, Transmission Case.
  • Boca Bearing Ceramic AF ABEC 7 Bearings
  • C4 Chassis Works HD C WIDE & D Blocks
  • Factory Team Titanium Turnbuckles
  • Factory Team Titanium Front Axle Hex Adapter
  • Factory Team Aluminum Bell Cranks & Steering Rack
  • Factory Team Aluminum & Carbon Servo Mount
  • Factory Team LTC Plastic Gears
  • Factory Team Fox Kashima Coated Shocks w/ Chrome Shafts, ASC91929 Collars and VRP Pistons (1.6/1.9 F/R)
  • JConcepts Titanium Shock Standoff. (Front require .7mm shim)
  • Klink Titanium Bottom Screw Kit
  • RW Racing Machined Idler Gears
  • Schelle Racing Titanium Upper Screw Kit
  • Schelle Racing Titanium Ball Studs
  • Schelle Racing Nova Slipper (requires B6.4 top shaft screw)
  • Schelle Racing Carbon Wing button
  • Vision Racing Light Weight Hexs 6.5mm/5mm F/R
  • Vision Racing Carbon Fiber Battery Hold Down
Electronics are:
  • Sanwa PGS-LH II Servo
  • Sanwa RX-492i Receiver
  • Hobby Wing XR10 Pro G2S ESC required with 12awg ACER Racing Silver Worm Wire and blacked out.
  • Reedy Sonic SP5 17.5T with Titanium Screws and Boca Ceramic Bearings

I also built up an alternate transmission using RC Speed Secrets Bearings and Cut Idler Gears, and plastic LTC diff gears. The Schelle Nova Slipper, FT titanium top shaft screw and Sticky Kick Spring Adapters save 8.8g over the kit slipper.

FWIW, I could not tell the difference between the Schelle Titanium Screw Kit and the Sticky Kicks Titanium Screw Kit. The Sticky Kicks Kit includes a couple more smaller pieces. Both have fantastic deep heads that are machined tight tolerances. Both kits are not the lightest of titanium screws because they are beefier, but will last multiple rebuilds.
BP and MrLean like this.

Last edited by shortcut3d; 03-31-2024 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2024, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shortcut3d
Finally finished my B7 build. I took my time and went for quality. My typical build process is pre-tapping holes for titanium, sanding mold flashing, and polishing hinge pins. I also label are re-bag all remaining parts per the instruction manual bag number.
  • All Carbon FT Plastics: Front Ball Stud Mount, Top Plate, Side Guards, Arms, Transmission Case.
Electronics are:
  • Sanwa PGS-LH II Servo
  • Sanwa RX-492i Receiver
  • Hobby Wing XR10 Pro G2S ESC required with 12awg ACER Racing Silver Worm Wire and blacked out.
  • Reedy Sonic SP5 with Titanium Screws and Boca Ceramic Bearings

I also built up an alternate transmission using RC Speed Secrets Bearings and Cut Idler Gears, and plastic LTC diff gears. The Schelle Nova Slipper, FT titanium top shaft screw and Sticky Kick Spring Adapters save 8.8g over the kit slipper.

FWIW, I could not tell the difference between the Schelle Titanium Screw Kit and the Sticky Kicks Titanium Screw Kit. The Sticky Kicks Kit includes a couple more smaller pieces. Both have fantastic deep heads that are machined tight tolerances. Both kits are not the lightest of titanium screws because they are beefier, but will last multiple rebuilds.
forgot to tell us what motor your running.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jlett21
forgot to tell us what motor your running.
Stock 17.5T
Old 03-31-2024, 04:26 AM
Tech Regular

shortcut3d

What shock absorber are you using ?

Care to share ?
Old 03-31-2024, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nor-Cal Hobbies

When I was last there, everyone was running Fuzzbites on the front, & either Nessis or Sirens in the rear. Fresh Nessis were faster, but wore faster such that they had noticeable drop off after 4-5 packs.

Enjoy. NorCal is an amazing setup. I love running there whenever I'm in town for work. Everyone there is very friendly & helpful, & the shop has anything you could possibly need.
andrewcoley likes this.

Last edited by big ted; 03-31-2024 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by foosoomin
shortcut3d

What shock absorber are you using ?

Care to share ?
I’m starting with the kit setup, but using VRP Game Changer Pistons. The shocks are FT Fox Kashima Coated with the machined bushings and chrome shafts plus FT low friction x-rings. Shock collars are ASC91929 for aesthetics only.

35wt 1.6x2 Front 30wt 1.9x2 Rear

Other things I missed are the ASC71181 Front Axle Titanium Hex Adapter. I used the Vision Racing Light Weight Clamping Hex 6.5mm Front and 5mm Rear keeping with the kit setup, but for aesthetics and future adjustments in the front.
Old 03-31-2024, 12:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shortcut3d
  • Factory Team Titanium Front Axle Hex Adapter
  • Factory Team Fox Kashima Coated Shocks w/ Chrome Shafts, ASC91929 Collars and VRP Pistons (1.6/1.9 F/R)
  • Vision Racing Light Weight Hexs 6.5mm/5mm F/R
  • Vision Racing Carbon Fiber Battery Hold Down
Electronics are:
  • Sanwa PGS-LH II Servo
  • Sanwa RX-492i Receiver
  • Reedy Sonic SP5 17.5T with Titanium Screws and Boca Ceramic Bearings

She's a beauty. Can't wait to hear how she handles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.