Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree181Likes

Losi 1/4 Promoto-MX Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Someone post a video of it running on clay with the street tires and tire sauce please. Lol.
ty
Devin...
Off to utube!
Old 07-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I want to modify a rider to have his left leg out with moving joints so it would ride on the ground and compress as the bike leans. I'll have to make a tiny skid shoe!
gray34 likes this.
Old 07-02-2023, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Flat track TT supermoto
The term TT (Tourist Trophy) is now used for dirt track racing which has right or left turns and steple-chase style jumps. TT has evolved into what is now known as Extreme Dirt Track Racing. EDT gets my mind racing these things with a bunch of friends on a simple layout. The skid shoe would be so cool!
MaX-D likes this.
Old 07-02-2023, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MULMZ2
$25 - $33 for 1 pre-mounted tire for this bike, yikes. Appears that parts are not going to be cheap.
I believe this is a bit cheaper than other 1/4 and 1/5 motorcycle tires for racing.. just the tires.
Old 07-02-2023, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 76jimmy
Flat track TT supermoto
The term TT (Tourist Trophy) is now used for dirt track racing which has right or left turns and steple-chase style jumps. TT has evolved into what is now known as Extreme Dirt Track Racing. EDT gets my mind racing these things with a bunch of friends on a simple layout. The skid shoe would be so cool!
The flat track racing looks like wicked fun. The moto version of 1:1 short course truck racing .
76jimmy likes this.
Old 07-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looks pretty awesome, but in the videos I've seen so far, turning looks challenging... most of the turns are either very wide at medium speed, a bit tighter only if the speed drops ways down. Any thoughts on how these things turn?
Old 07-02-2023, 01:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bike come in yesterday, early then expected. Looks really good, great attention to detail and quality.
nitrous36, ls1jimmy and jph98 like this.
Old 07-02-2023, 01:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Your phone near the back tire really puts in perspective the size of this thing. I knew it wasnt small, but its still a bit larger than I imagined.
Old 07-02-2023, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrous36
Your phone near the back tire really puts in perspective the size of this thing. I knew it wasnt small, but its still a bit larger than I imagined.
Yea , bike is pretty big in real time plus my phone is the pro so is bigger.
Old 07-02-2023, 03:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Maybe an RC quad in the works ??? LOL Would be far easier being on 4 wheels , I could def see a race class with that !!!
Old 07-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 3x9rtse
Maybe an RC quad in the works ??? LOL Would be far easier being on 4 wheels , I could def see a race class with that !!!
Years ago I remember the HPI savage had a quad body that was like that. Fun concept.
Old 07-02-2023, 11:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Hi

I will like to know where can I get a wrap for my radio my radio it’s called DX5c spectrum and I want a wrap for my wing on my losi nitro please massage me on here
thanks you kicks23kicks
Old 07-03-2023, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smirkracing
.... most of the turns are either very wide at medium speed, a bit tighter only if the speed drops ways down. Any thoughts on how these things turn?
If they're like on road rc bikes then turning is the opposite to rc cars.
To turn tight you have to drive it totally different to a car.

What I mean is that to turn you give it steering input to get the bike to lean, then you actually let go of the steering and control how tight the turn is with the throttle.

more throttle = larger turning radius, less throttle or even brake = tighter radius.

If you try and hold steering on or even turn the steering more it actually makes theh bike 'push' and will make the turning radius much larger.

Its a concept that is normally un-natural for an every day rc car driver so just something you need to get used to running bikes.
Old 07-04-2023, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If the riding characteristics translate 1:5 scale from 1:1. Entry speed and power on exit will determine how quick you can clear a corner. If you upset the front end on entry forget it you'll blow straight through. Lots of info on riding techniques for real motos not so much on rc. I'd love to get my hands on one to try. I can't help but think they are going to do a TLR version like the LMT? Cool to see something different out there
nitrous36 likes this.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Test Driver
If they're like on road rc bikes then turning is the opposite to rc cars.
To turn tight you have to drive it totally different to a car.

What I mean is that to turn you give it steering input to get the bike to lean, then you actually let go of the steering and control how tight the turn is with the throttle.

more throttle = larger turning radius, less throttle or even brake = tighter radius.

If you try and hold steering on or even turn the steering more it actually makes theh bike 'push' and will make the turning radius much larger.

Its a concept that is normally un-natural for an every day rc car driver so just something you need to get used to running bikes.
NONE of the reviews talk about this. Does the driver have to turn right to initiate left turns? It's a mystery.

I suspect not, because the average reviewer doesn't have the skill to do this.

Most RC motos have had the gyro weight in the wheel, and this would create a completely different dynamic -vs- the chassis-mounted weight.

So, step it up, reviewers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.