Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree181Likes

Losi 1/4 Promoto-MX Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I saw one just driving around a parking lot and in grass and it drove so terribly and it just looked so stupid jerking all over the place. It really didnt look fun or cool to drive at all.
Old 07-10-2023, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

After watching some videos that rider is one tough sob 😂 if Losi wanting to make that thing track capable they would need to make the rider move. In 4 wheel there’s no different between real car racing and the Rc counterpart, in Moto you have a rider that’s doing the movements to control what the motorcycle underneath it will do. If anyone here rides imagine getting on your bike and going and riding the track without making any movements while sitting down, you would be endoing over everything and turning without leaning would cause you to high side.

if Losi made a PlayStation/xbox like controller where you could move the rider forward and back left and right to help it lean for corners that would smoothen things out, and moving forward or back off jumps would help it from doing 10 front flips a lap. Throttle break could be used by the top buttons, left joystick for steering right joystick for body movements. This would never happen but it would be cool.
nitrous36 and mx836 like this.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
After watching some videos that rider is one tough sob 😂 if Losi wanting to make that thing track capable they would need to make the rider move. In 4 wheel there’s no different between real car racing and the Rc counterpart, in Moto you have a rider that’s doing the movements to control what the motorcycle underneath it will do. If anyone here rides imagine getting on your bike and going and riding the track without making any movements while sitting down, you would be endoing over everything and turning without leaning would cause you to high side.

if Losi made a PlayStation/xbox like controller where you could move the rider forward and back left and right to help it lean for corners that would smoothen things out, and moving forward or back off jumps would help it from doing 10 front flips a lap. Throttle break could be used by the top buttons, left joystick for steering right joystick for body movements. This would never happen but it would be cool.
almost sounds like if you have mini servo that would move the rider relative to the steering input via channel mixing could maybe do that? So if you steer "X" amount, the little servo moves the rider "Y" amount over for the turn. Maybe add in a "Dual Rate Overide" trigger button that some radios have / had so if you want to engage rider movement you can just press versus not?

Throttle could be harder as not sure when you would want the rider to go back and forward just on throttle input.

Last edited by Cain; 07-19-2023 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I hope it sells well. But as far as it becoming a popular race class. I don’t see it. Seen videos for indoor clay and carpet and it’s definitely struggling. Outdoor on bigger 1/8 tracks maybe. But more as a novelty class. No track is going to redesign for this.
nitrous36 and DirkW like this.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I hope it sells well. But as far as it becoming a popular race class. I don’t see it. Seen videos for indoor clay and carpet and it’s definitely struggling. Outdoor on bigger 1/8 tracks maybe. But more as a novelty class. No track is going to redesign for this.
Same here. Can't imagine it growing into a real long time racing class. Even if some tracks may perhaps race it for a while, I think its future will be most likely as a fun toy for bashers than in racing.
Old 07-11-2023, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Old 07-11-2023, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Battery Level

Hello everyone,
is the battery level "only" displayed on the remote control if an original spectrum smart lipo is used or does the telemetry also work with another manufacturer?
Thank you very much !!
Greetings
Old 07-12-2023, 07:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by spektrumflyer
Hello everyone,
is the battery level "only" displayed on the remote control if an original spectrum smart lipo is used or does the telemetry also work with another manufacturer?
Thank you very much !!
Greetings
I believe it only works with spektrum smart batteries. But I could be wrong.

spektrumflyer likes this.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:08 AM
Regional Moderator

This could become a class if it gets more initial interest and investment. If people are willing to make tracks that accommodate bikes, and other manufactures show interest and dip their toes in with a competing model. The bikes from Losi arent a bad start and could be improved. This is only the first model. If it gets support, then better versions will come along.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva

I completely agree. That's the next step for sure and would unlock a whole new level of bike control. It wouldn't be much different than playing a game like MX Simulator. Whips and scrubs would definitely be a thing. I can only hope it progresses to that level some day.
nitrous36 likes this.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by savage24x

Here's another reason why these won't be raced. People will have moved on to something else by the time these things and the parts to fix them become readily available. How is a class supposed to survive and grow with zero parts support? Entries will taper off until they are all broke and the class will die when there's not enough of them to make a class. Losi will be stuck with a lot of product to move and sometime in the first or second quarter of next year there will be a sale on these bikes. I point you to the JRX's for the basis of this claim. Losi assumed they would be hot, but the price on the JRXT, which is a limited edition release of 5000 (remember the crazy prices people were asking for the limited Mini-T?), has come down and a week or so ago AMain had them on clearance, there also appears to be a $40 off coupon currently available for the JRX2. Losi oversells and over-hypes their product in my opinion. Losi should have held off on the release until they had ample product, this bike would have been a much bigger deal around Christmas and it would have gained a lot more attention from those outside the hobby.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 07-12-2023 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Screw Christmas. It starts in 2 months and I don't want to think about it.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrous36
Screw Christmas. It starts in 2 months and I don't want to think about it.
I'm with you on that, but timing is everything and in my opinion Losi made a bad judgement call regarding release date for the reasons stated. In my opinion it's a no brainier that this bike was going to generate a ton of demand and buzz, which has a good chance of fading and being forgotten due to no product, which is why Losi should have held off until they had product to support said demand, especially since it's no secret how messed up supply chains still are. From the video I've seen it looks like a really fun basher if it holds up to abuse, but like I stated when Losi started promoting this as a racer, that's just not going to happen.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MULMZ2
in my opinion Losi made a bad judgement call regarding release date for the reasons stated
or.... not releasing heading into northern hemisphere winter and competing against other products/gifts was a really smart idea. judging by apparent sales and popularity, horizon seems to have had a successful release.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by gee-dub
or.... not releasing heading into northern hemisphere winter and competing against other products/gifts was a really smart idea. judging by apparent sales and popularity, horizon seems to have had a successful release.
I didn't think about this. During the holiday season they'd be competing with home electronics like TVs, game consoles, and their games etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.