Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree96Likes

Schumacher CAT L1R

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 10:26 PM
BP
Tech Initiate

Can anyone list the must have option parts for running this car on clay and carpet. I would like to get as much as I can with my initial order.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psycho02
Anybody know what parts the team are using to make that modified front belt tensioner?
Not sure but it's easy enough to replicate with some spacers and a long enough screw. Just need to reuse the front tensioner bearings and bearing post thing. Though it makes the front belt pretty tight, I'm putting the stock tensioner back on.

HOTROD716 likes this.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by BP
Can anyone list the must have option parts for running this car on clay and carpet. I would like to get as much as I can with my initial order.
I would think 6, 8 and 10 degree alloy yokes, alloy front hub carriers, a variety of pinions, sway bars, springs and maybe a few hexes for fine tuning, rear trans spacer, brass radio and ESC trays possibly, good to have a variety of front and rear ams (kit, stiff and/or carbon). If you have deeper pockets and want to pickup even more: rear CVDs, 1, 2 and 3 dot steering arms, maybe the lockout and ROS, 4mm belts and possibly the CF chassis if you run 13.5. That's what comes to mind off the top of my head.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:02 PM
BP
Tech Initiate

After some thought I’m going to keep it on carpet. I didn’t think I would care for carpet racing to much but after a visit to the local carpet track I’m digging the cleanliness of it.😂
thank you for the info though
Old 03-28-2024, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco73
Not sure but it's easy enough to replicate with some spacers and a long enough screw. Just need to reuse the front tensioner bearings and bearing post thing. Though it makes the front belt pretty tight, I'm putting the stock tensioner back on.
I used the stock adjuster as a spacer. I will try it out next week, I am curious as to the performance of having a fixed adjuster up front. I feel the stock setup either running in the original location, or the rotating it keeps loosing over time.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:55 PM
BP
Tech Initiate

I’ve never used ceramic bearings on a car before but I’m seriously thinking about ordering a set with my L1R. Is it worth the $?
Old 03-28-2024, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP
I’ve never used ceramic bearings on a car before but I’m seriously thinking about ordering a set with my L1R. Is it worth the $?
I degrease and oil the kit bearings. Frees up the drivetrain quite a bit.
BP likes this.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is this car competitive in the 13.5 class? Wasn't sure if the belt drive would be at a disadvantage compared to the shaft drive cars or not
Old 04-02-2024, 12:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Is this car competitive in the 13.5 class? Wasn't sure if the belt drive would be at a disadvantage compared to the shaft drive cars or not
The L1R is very competitive running 13.5, belt tension can make a big difference overall performance, run it as loose as possible w/o skipping and you're golden. Nice Venture Bros reference BTW
Old 04-03-2024, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Very competitive, I wish I was a better driver, but the car is dialed.