Search
Like Tree149Likes

Team Associated B74.2 / B74.2D

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2024, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
What is everyone doing for center diff vs. slipper on black CRC carpet for 13.5? A group of us are going to get the new CE 74.2 and get a class going here at our local track, just trying to decide how to set it up for 13.5.

Seems the CE comes with the decoupled slipper, but the AE lightweight drive bones say not to use with a slipper.
At my local carpet track we don't use the center diff or slipper in 13.5. We all use a slipper eliminator which uses the outdrives from the gear diff.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by andrewcoley
The CE 74.2D...It's not clear to me, does that come with ONLY the moulded drivetrain parts? (diff crown wheel and pinions, diff internals) or is this an addition to the metal parts in the box?
Trying to get clarification of that but I believe it is the case that the plastic parts come with the B74.2D CE along with the centre diff, B74.2 CE having metal with the slipper .... but that is just my understanding , not gospel
andrewcoley likes this.
Old 03-14-2024, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Roger

We’re running a large (40m x 30m) grass track again this summer season, fairly bumpy, most of us run 4WD outdoors.

Was going to get a D but don’t fancy it if it’s plastic internals with a 6.5 / 5.5 motor.

Wondering if the one way slipper might be more suitable anyway…always used to run one way clutches back in the day on grass. Thoughts?

The other thing I’m not clear on is what work/parts are needed to drop a centre diff into all the chassis hardware which seems to be necessary to run the one way clutch 🤷‍♂️🤪
Old 03-14-2024, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

KPI front end on the 74.3 then...
MrLean likes this.
Old 03-14-2024, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Roger
Was going to get a D but don’t fancy it if it’s plastic internals with a 6.5 / 5.5 motor.

Wondering if the one way slipper might be more suitable anyway…always used to run one way clutches back in the day on grass. Thoughts?
I run a 6.0 on super high grip dirt and all plastic components. I used to be able to wheelie on an older more aggressive version than I run now. I started running the plastic ring gears after talking to Aydin Horne and seeing him run them.

Does that apply to the one way slipper? No idea but It'd be risky it seems like. I might give it a try, but I might not. I picked up a schumacher L1R to mes with as I have an electronics sponsor not a chassis sponsor for that reason. So my 74.2 is shelved for a while.
andrewcoley likes this.
Old 03-18-2024, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Roger

We’re running a large (40m x 30m) grass track again this summer season, fairly bumpy, most of us run 4WD outdoors.

The other thing I’m not clear on is what work/parts are needed to drop a centre diff into all the chassis hardware which seems to be necessary to run the one way clutch 🤷‍♂️🤪
Having not run the plastic gears I can't comment on them. I absolutely cannot drive a 4wd car on a surface with grip with a centre diff in, just totally incompatible with my driving style (as in 2s/lap off the pace of running a slipper). I'd always be running the slipper if there were dry tyres on the car.
Looking at the installation I think that a sleeve could be made to go over the gear diff front bearing and outdrive to pick up in the new bearing location used by the decoupled slipper, would be a pain to fit though.
andrewcoley likes this.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Roger

Do you run centre diff on wet astro?
Old 03-19-2024, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RogerM
Having not run the plastic gears I can't comment on them. I absolutely cannot drive a 4wd car on a surface with grip with a centre diff in, just totally incompatible with my driving style (as in 2s/lap off the pace of running a slipper). I'd always be running the slipper if there were dry tyres on the car.
Looking at the installation I think that a sleeve could be made to go over the gear diff front bearing and outdrive to pick up in the new bearing location used by the decoupled slipper, would be a pain to fit though.
Not tried the slipper setup yet, on my list of things to do. Got a spare pair of diffs, dual and triple slipper options.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:31 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Roger

Do you run centre diff on wet astro?
I did with 100k oil, back in the days when I did 4wd.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
Not tried the slipper setup yet, on my list of things to do. Got a spare pair of diffs, dual and triple slipper options.
Lots of people prefer the diff, try both is my advice, see what works for you.
Old 03-19-2024, 04:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Seems like the chassis is out of stock everywhere. Bit concerning.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by drumondo
Seems like the chassis is out of stock everywhere. Bit concerning.
CE version due
Old 03-20-2024, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
CE version due
Seems like the changes are minimal, but I see a few B74.2's being sold on FB.

Am I missing something?
Old 03-26-2024, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What does the b74.2d weigh stock, ready to run? I know specific components can change the weight significantly, but just interested to see what you guys are seeing before you put the cars on a Weight Watchers diet.

My current car is 200g over the minimum and I am looking to get something a bit closer to the minimum.

TIA
Old 03-29-2024, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 0010
What does the b74.2d weigh stock, ready to run? I know specific components can change the weight significantly, but just interested to see what you guys are seeing before you put the cars on a Weight Watchers diet.

My current car is 200g over the minimum and I am looking to get something a bit closer to the minimum.

TIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgKKhMlBM1Y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.