Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree149Likes

Team Associated B74.2 / B74.2D

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

I doubt they will be doing anything radical, B74.2 is World Champion and everybody I know who runs one absolutely loves it. The one's I've driven have been really good, not good enough to tempt me back to 4wd but still very good.
mikeyscott likes this.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

I'm running 4WD for the first time in a very long time and the B74.2D is my first AE 4WD. Compared to my current tank I'm really liking it, although results haven't translated that atm. Just need to replace the Team Orion VST2 6.5 motor with a HW 6T

4WD has generally been a dead duck in the Mid South sadly, so we'll see how much use it gets outside of regional events etc.
Old 03-07-2024, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeyscott
4WD has generally been a dead duck in the Mid South sadly, so we'll see how much use it gets outside of regional events etc.
This has been my disappointing experience as well. I'm in Savannah GA and I purchased my 74.2D in January 2023 and only raced it at one event at my local track all year, which was one of the Georgia Offroad Championship Series races. Otherwise local club races no one brings one out. Shame it takes a larger regional race to get enough turnout for 1/10 4wd, because it's actually a really fun class in my opinion.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know what the target diff weight should be when running a full plastic gears diff.

36g listed in the manual, but I believe that is internal plastic and metal ring gear.
Old 03-11-2024, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hmmm. Car is out of stock most places with no ETA.

2 weeks!
Old 03-11-2024, 10:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth

2 weeks!
I noticed that as well...including on the AE website.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

2 weeks!
I guess this is the update? I was expecting a little more of a B7 treatment.

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...B74.2/CE_Team/
Old 03-12-2024, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

I guess this is the update? I was expecting a little more of a B7 treatment.

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...B74.2/CE_Team/
They cant be that desperate for sales surely. A new slipper clutch, shock pistons and two small bits of carbon cant warrant a new release.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerM
I doubt they will be doing anything radical, B74.2 is World Champion and everybody I know who runs one absolutely loves it.
Spot on LOL.

Definitely not radical, simply updating the kit so that those who are looking to buy are getting the best bang for their buck without having to buy any other stuff. NOT a full blown .3 update, and NOT something for those of us who already have .2's to run out and "upgrade" to.

Pretty cool of them to make this change, if you ask me.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I won't ever complain about a new kit being released. Seems like the bigger change was on the non-D side with the addition of the one-way slipper.

I'm a bit surprised that the vertical ballstud mount does not appear to be included. I feel like I've seen this used in a lot of factory guy setups, including Ongaro, to run a low inner ballstud and an extra long rear camber link.
MrLean likes this.
Old 03-12-2024, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Yeah honestly I think they should have included Ti Turnbuckles since they sell them and the vertical ballstud mount. I would think that'd be a big element of the old Factory Team kits and be a fantastic deal. At least include the ballstud mounts for the D kit, I feel they are almost a 100% nescessicity for any setup on dirt.

b.j.a likes this.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrLean
Spot on LOL.

Definitely not radical, simply updating the kit so that those who are looking to buy are getting the best bang for their buck without having to buy any other stuff. NOT a full blown .3 update, and NOT something for those of us who already have .2's to run out and "upgrade" to.

Pretty cool of them to make this change, if you ask me.
Absolutely, following the philosophy of putting the latest key parts in the latest kits to make them the best value they can be, AE does this better than any other manufacture IMHO.

If this had been released a few weeks earlier, before the entries for the UK national series closed, I'd be running 4wd again this year. I've been put off doing it the last few years by the cost buying a B74.2 (even at my excellent prices), all the little bits needed but mainly half the kit price in other manufactures parts to run a decoupled slipper which I find essential for my driving style, especially as I would only get to run it at those 5-6 national events during the course of the whole year.

The B74.2 CE has me tempted to see if there was any chance of putting in late entries for 4wd nationals ;-)
Old 03-13-2024, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RogerM
Absolutely, following the philosophy of putting the latest key parts in the latest kits to make them the best value they can be, AE does this better than any other manufacture IMHO.

If this had been released a few weeks earlier, before the entries for the UK national series closed, I'd be running 4wd again this year. I've been put off doing it the last few years by the cost buying a B74.2 (even at my excellent prices), all the little bits needed but mainly half the kit price in other manufactures parts to run a decoupled slipper which I find essential for my driving style, especially as I would only get to run it at those 5-6 national events during the course of the whole year.

The B74.2 CE has me tempted to see if there was any chance of putting in late entries for 4wd nationals ;-)
Yeah, put an entry in for 4WD although you'd bump me off the list and rightly so based on F grading. Worst case I can loan you stuff.
RogerM likes this.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

What is everyone doing for center diff vs. slipper on black CRC carpet for 13.5? A group of us are going to get the new CE 74.2 and get a class going here at our local track, just trying to decide how to set it up for 13.5.

Seems the CE comes with the decoupled slipper, but the AE lightweight drive bones say not to use with a slipper.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

The CE 74.2D...It's not clear to me, does that come with ONLY the moulded drivetrain parts? (diff crown wheel and pinions, diff internals) or is this an addition to the metal parts in the box?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.