Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree150Likes

Team Associated B74.2 / B74.2D

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I think its the ProTek fans. I murdered 2 on a 17.5 6.4D on the same day. No crashes or hard landings.
Old 10-17-2023, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does anyone have any input on the Factory Team Vertical Ballstud Mounts yet?

Trying to decide if they are worth it or not, I am in the bottom hole on the tower on my .1 from last season so that’s what has me considering them
Old 10-17-2023, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by C_alan
A question on motor cooling fans: My car has managed to eat 3 fans in the last 6 months of weekend racing. The just stop working, and most of the time it's because either the power wires have broken at the fan board, or the fan board has come loose. Ive been using protek fans, but am willing to go to a more expensive fan if it will last longer. What fans hold up best in these cars?
Muchmore, or 1up.
Old 10-17-2023, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iDesign5

Trying to decide if they are worth it or not, I am in the bottom hole on the tower on my .1 from last season so that’s what has me considering them
Ongaros car that won the worlds had them...for whatever that is worth.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iDesign5

it's useful if you want to move the link lower. Otherwise it's just in the way. You have to take the entire mount off the tower to get at the ball stud too.

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
Ongaros car that won the worlds had them...for whatever that is worth.
He also set them to 2.5mm which is identical to the lower tower hole without the mount. Makes you wonder why use the mount at all. I've seen 3-4mm a lot on sheets, I'm at 3mm myself, anything smaller (aka higher) and I'll take the mounts off.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

A dab of shoe-goo on the fan shroud where the wires go through the little indentation keeps the tension off the connection. I also run 2mm spacers to keep it away from the motor a little bit like edman stated above.
francomang and trf211 like this.
Old 10-17-2023, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrkab
it's useful if you want to move the link lower. Otherwise it's just in the way. You have to take the entire mount off the tower to get at the ball stud too.

He also set them to 2.5mm which is identical to the lower tower hole without the mount. Makes you wonder why use the mount at all. I've seen 3-4mm a lot on sheets, I'm at 3mm myself, anything smaller (aka higher) and I'll take the mounts off.
According to photos of his buggy and the setup sheet via petitrc, David was running 4mm on the vertical ballstud mount.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trf211
According to photos of his buggy and the setup sheet via petitrc, David was running 4mm on the vertical ballstud mount.
You're right I clicked the wrong tab that was a Lachlan Munday sheet with 2.5mm and a vertical mount.

https://site.petitrc.com/setup/assoc...lor2023021112/

Same question though haha, why use the mount here? I've got no idea.
Old 10-18-2023, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

You're right I clicked the wrong tab that was a Lachlan Munday sheet with 2.5mm and a vertical mount.

https://site.petitrc.com/setup/assoc...lor2023021112/

Same question though haha, why use the mount here? I've got no idea.
My guess is he was trying different settings on the vertical mount during the event and settled back on 2.5mm. Instead of fishing out a shorter ballstud and locknut for the horizontal ballstud positions, he just left the vertical on.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Has anyone ran the plastic LTC gears on high-grip carpet with only 2 planetary gears, without stripping them?

I'm running center diff with 2M CST fluid, I'll probably run 20k in the f/r diffs. Running 4-gear plastic HTC right now, and I know some people at my track run 4-gear LTC also.
Old 10-20-2023, 10:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I have them on my carpet car .. they work for some people ... and not for others .. it depends your driving style and setup... when the track has a big high speed sweeper or a few of them.. higher speed flowing big turns or a lot of switch backs . it helps lock in rear of the car and keeps it a little more flat or planted.. like i said its a "feeling" so trying to type that out and explain it to you is hard... try em .. either you like it or you don't .....i run them on my carpet car depending on the layout if its a bigger more open layout i run them .. I race at Beachline rc in Florida its the black crc carpet... i did try them on clay dirt and its not as noticeable unless there is high high grip like blue groove.
Old 10-20-2023, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wholeshot28
I have them on my carpet car .. they work for some people ... and not for others .. it depends your driving style and setup... when the track has a big high speed sweeper or a few of them.. higher speed flowing big turns or a lot of switch backs . it helps lock in rear of the car and keeps it a little more flat or planted.. like i said its a "feeling" so trying to type that out and explain it to you is hard... try em .. either you like it or you don't .....i run them on my carpet car depending on the layout if its a bigger more open layout i run them .. I race at Beachline rc in Florida its the black crc carpet... i did try them on clay dirt and its not as noticeable unless there is high high grip like blue groove.
You're describing the effects of a higher rear roll center.

So that's the point of the mount, to allow a lower inside link which raises roll center. At 2.5mm using the inner hole you're identical to the lower tower hole.

You can also move the link out using the B hole but I haven't seen anyone do so.
Old 10-20-2023, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The whole point of the rear ballstud mounts is that they are *finely* adjustable. You can run the exact same locations as the factory location, but also adjust it up and down by .5mm increments, or go lower than the tower possibly could.

But you'd never adjust your 2w's rear ballstud by 3-3.5mm so why should you accept that as normal on the 4w? I wouldn't, and I almost threw my 74.1 in the trash before I put these on. But that was also at CRCRC at the Factory and my car was a cork screw when grip skyrocketed.

So yeah its more about adjustability and fine tuning for current conditions. BTW the current hot setup the Factory Team is runnig is based on shimming the C and D blocks up 1mm and then running 4mm on the rear ball stud mount. It supports the rear end better so it doesnt run so low.
Old 10-23-2023, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

You can also move the link out using the B hole but I haven't seen anyone do so.
Common place in the UK with the outer mount reversed so you can still run a long link.
Old 10-23-2023, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RogerM
Common place in the UK with the outer mount reversed so you can still run a long link.
What is the performance gain on doing this, and would it be good on black carpet? Or is it an Astro thing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.