Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

I stand as far left as you can possibly go, as does EVERYONE in spt. stock truck. If I get there late and all the left is taken (2 or more at the end) I will stand off the drivers stand just on the handicap spot where you get on/off the drivers stand. I'm tall enough to see just fine right there.

Took me until last sunday to get used to the big jump, usually I'd baby it and land it perfect, but with too much speed and would spin out, now I take it a little faster and land on the flat/upsection to scrub off speed when making it around that damn turn.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

i was thinking of trying to boost myself up on the wall of the handicap ramp. that way i could see alot of stuff and the jump....i wonder if i could do it..lol...it would be a pain in the ass to jump down and climb back up everytime i flip and theres no marshall though..

i think i might boost my pinion up to a 18 or a 19 to see if i can land the whole thing without going into the rut...i have pretty low gearing right now...so i might have to do some testing..

lets hope i dont break anyparts this sat.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

wel with my gtb 5.5 i have lucky enough to clear it with no problems every time.. but i prefer to land it and then break and gun it through the small double.. ... hey have they ever had the fan to the very left on???,, the one on the wall..
Old 07-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

nope, in all my years of going to socal (around 3.5 years) i dont think ive seen that fan on...

jaejw1- i run a novak 5800 brushless...and i can clear it with ease too, its just that i like to land my jumps perfectly and cleanly... so i've been trying to land it on the slope of the landing ramp...and even standing on the left side..i still CANT see how im landing..i guess im going to have to practice and put it into the nose down formation while its in the air and hope it lands perfectly

edit* hey jaejw1..saw your movie on youtube. you arent that bad of a driver! not bad for a xtm!

Last edited by Valentin.H; 07-25-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's all about the left side in Sprt. Stock Truck..I love when Johnny's bro asks me to stop leaning over cause he can't see. That's the point.

I posted some pics I took with my phone of the camarillo layout. Thye can be seen in the Banzai Thread. Dirt is HURTING. I've never seen so many rocks and pebbles on a track in my life. I got 2nd in stock buggy last year using Studs and Komodos were great in truck...I think I got 5th????
Old 07-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Guru
edit* hey jaejw1..saw your movie on youtube. you arent that bad of a driver! not bad for a xtm!
unfortunately during that lil movie.. one of my brushless motor wires were fraying inside the insulation,, and was barely making cntact... the thing actually stopped during a seperate run and i had to solder the wires together again...
Old 07-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Camarillo is terrible. I live really close (Westlake) and there are more rocks than dirt. They haven't raked the crap out, neither have they packed the track. It has been closed recently, and they will close it after the JB race because nobody maintains it. I have tried every tire imagineable, nothing hooks up. Its really a shame when all the members don't maintain the track and then it goes to waste, completely.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If the track gets water traction should come up after the first couple heats as the cars will pack the track. Just remember everyone is dealing with the same thing!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

I have absolutely no idea what setups to run. I do know that in mod you wont need alot of motor. Maybe in 4wd a 19t will be enough.....

Pics courtesy of Nutfluff
Attached Thumbnails *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-camarillo1.jpg   *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-camarillo2.jpg   *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-camarillo3.jpg   *SOCAL raceway* offroad thread-camarillo4.jpg  
Old 07-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NP-1
Camarillo is terrible. I live really close (Westlake) and there are more rocks than dirt. They haven't raked the crap out, neither have they packed the track. It has been closed recently, and they will close it after the JB race because nobody maintains it. I have tried every tire imagineable, nothing hooks up. Its really a shame when all the members don't maintain the track and then it goes to waste, completely.
The club is really known for their on road and they have a GREAT program that is VERY popular!! 2nd to that is dirt oval (not my thing.) No one runs off-road...so it is neglected. The oval part of the track looks nice and groomed which is why I suggested they open that up for a nice long straight-away!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude19641
I have absolutely no idea what setups to run. I do know that in mod you wont need alot of motor. Maybe in 4wd a 19t will be enough.....

Pics courtesy of Nutfluff
HOLY CRAP! that is horrible! wow...i would maintain the track for little pay if not.. id do it for free just for the hell of it and the sake of the drivers.. too bad i live far from camarillo..and i cant drive

btw...SOCAL THIS SATURDAY! whose going? i am for sure! even if the track is horrible..nothing beats goin to socal on a nice weekend..hopefully the weather will cool down too, that way we can get a nice breeze into the building.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nutfluff
The club is really known for their on road and they have a GREAT program that is VERY popular!! 2nd to that is dirt oval (not my thing.) No one runs off-road...so it is neglected. The oval part of the track looks nice and groomed which is why I suggested they open that up for a nice long straight-away!!!!
I know how great the onroad is, I race my T2 there. I am not much of a dirt oval guy myself either. They have opened the oval up, and yes it is very nice packed dirt that is well maintained. If you go to the video section on their site (www.venturaroadrunners.com) you can see some clips of races with the oval opened.

The rest of the track is pretty shabby, and they have had trouble with people vandilizing the track.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:48 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Never! 9x1 forever!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tripthreat
Never! 9x1 forever!
Oh yeah I forgot!!! I know your gonna run the 9x1. What setups did you run last year on your b4 and t4? And what setup are you gonna run for your BJ4?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:17 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oh yeah I forgot!!! I know your gonna run the 9x1. What setups did you run last year on your b4 and t4? And what setup are you gonna run for your BJ4?
I didn't race at this track last year.... but I would run Pudge's Shootout setup on truck (they run that at every track), and the Worlds setup on the 2wd. As for the BJ4, I am really gonna run a 10x1, and I will run J-Ro's setup from the Losi race. I might dry a diff, but think I will end up running a one-way...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.