Tekno EB410.2 Thread

Old 03-28-2022, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

yes that is the set
Old 03-30-2022, 03:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fat500
Hello, the low frequency springs will get you where you need to be right height wise. They provide a lot more grip but I only recommend them for clay tracks mostly outdoor. I could not comment on their use for carpet or Astro. I use the green front and the pink rear or the pink front and the pink rear with 30 or 27.5 in the front and 25 or 20 in the rear with the stock Pistons I race on an outdoor clay track with lots of big jumps in the car is very in the track and plush. I did put team Thornhill red bump stops in the rear to keep the chassis from slapping so hard if I don't land the jumps right and they work incredibly well.
In looking at the Low-Frequency Springs it looks like they are a thicker diameter wire and longer because they are for SCT. Unless I'm looking at the wrong springs PN# TKR6104, these are the fronts. Do I use these for the rear and the fronts then? Sorry, I'm a noob to all this stuff.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Carbon Front Tower

What options do I have for a carbon front tower? Just finishing up the build and put the Team Joey Racing rear carbon tower for more camber link adjustment. Want a matching front but canít seem to find one. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Old 04-08-2022, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I run the tekno eb410 carbon fiber front and rear towers on mine.
surfsd likes this.
Old 04-24-2022, 01:30 PM
Tech Initiate

I am giving some serious consideration into getting one of these, i am UK based which obviously means astro, can you guys give me a bit of a heads up with pros and cons, is a slipper an absolute must etc? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Get the heavy roll bars F&R, stiffer springs, centre diff works great (usually filled with 500k), low ride height (12-13mm, even if bumpy), i liked running no rear chassis brace (but risking chassis tweak doing so). It may not carry the most cornering speed but can be really easy to drive, handles bumps well and is at easily as durable as anything else out there.
Chrissy Boy likes this.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, looks like i'm on board, let's see what this goes like then.
Old 06-10-2022, 06:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Welcome Chrissy Boy! Enjoy it!
Chrissy Boy likes this.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:00 PM
Tech Initiate

My eb410.2 runs on a dirt track. Well, it's practically a sandbox. Drives well, no issues there. But the battery... So much sand gets around the battery that it takes several minutes to remove it every time, using tools to pry it loose, empty sand, pry again, shimmy, pry, etc.... This is a huge PITA, but if the battery started to melt down it would take the whole car with it since there is no way to remove it quickly.

Are there any alternative battery hold-down systems? I am using a Gens Ace Redline 5100 shorty pack. I am even considering going with a 22x-4 or RC10 B74.1d, and that's just silly, no?

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2022, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

If that much sand gets around the battery, how does your motor fare with all the sand?

I'd say 3m tape some hooks on the lipo so you can pull it out easier. I have a hard time taking mine out even with no sand.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luxin
My eb410.2 runs on a dirt track. Well, it's practically a sandbox. Drives well, no issues there. But the battery... So much sand gets around the battery that it takes several minutes to remove it every time, using tools to pry it loose, empty sand, pry again, shimmy, pry, etc.... This is a huge PITA, but if the battery started to melt down it would take the whole car with it since there is no way to remove it quickly.

Are there any alternative battery hold-down systems? I am using a Gens Ace Redline 5100 shorty pack. I am even considering going with a 22x-4 or RC10 B74.1d, and that's just silly, no?

Thanks!
I had the same issue - I machined the rear battery mount to take a little material off it and the batteries are easier to get out.
Also the battery makes a difference - the HV shorties from RCJuice are easier to get out than the Non-HV shorties that they sell.

I found the tool that Traxxas includes with many of its cars for assembling the joint in the slider axles works well to pry the battery out. It is just a very thin, very hard piece of steel.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Xrayray
If that much sand gets around the battery, how does your motor fare with all the sand?

I'd say 3m tape some hooks on the lipo so you can pull it out easier. I have a hard time taking mine out even with no sand.
I do not want to see the inside of that motor! But it hasn't been an issue so far. It's a Tekin Gen4 mod motor - if it does an early sandy death I'll go with something much cheaper next time.

I have been using Tesa tape, its a fabric tape used in VW/Audi wire looms. It lasts a couple battery swaps, not too bad.
Xrayray likes this.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ta_man
I had the same issue - I machined the rear battery mount to take a little material off it and the batteries are easier to get out.
Also the battery makes a difference - the HV shorties from RCJuice are easier to get out than the Non-HV shorties that they sell.

I found the tool that Traxxas includes with many of its cars for assembling the joint in the slider axles works well to pry the battery out. It is just a very thin, very hard piece of steel.
Thanks! I'll try shaving some material off the rear mount and see where that gets me. If that doesn't help I'll try those batteries.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Are there any rumors of updates to this chassis any time soon? Looking at one for the indoor clay track. I have a sct410.3 and really like the build style (large parts) and overall rugged quality of the tekno stuff. I had a ET410.2 for the outdoor season but that class didn't translate well to the indoor track.

I don't need latest and greatest and I like a car that is easy to drive. I like to race as a form of relaxation and socialization and don't ever really need to get on the podium to have fun. But I want cars that finish and don't drive on the ragged edge of traction.

I've owned the current 22x4 and a previous 74.1 as well.
ATLien13 likes this.
Old 12-25-2022, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there any way to keep dirt out of the spur gear and pinion gear? Is there a cover or anything?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.