Like Tree145Likes

Tekno EB410.2 Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tekno EB410.2 Thread

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6502...ric-buggy-kit/
Old 12-19-2019, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

So I got my EB410.2 to from Fed Ex today and cracked open the pinata. The kit was very well packaged and looks to be all there. All that is left to do is get her going. So I'll keep everybody posted on the build and my thoughts.

Old 12-20-2019, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Anyone have a good setup for medium bite outdoor clay on a big track?
Old 12-20-2019, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Just finished building mine yesterday. Haven't had a chance to run it yet. Maybe this weekend. Nice kit.
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default High bite 410.2 setups!

Anyone have any high bite crc carpet setups?
Old 12-23-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Ran mine for the first time last weekend. Wanted it to spin better for 13.5 indoor Clay, so picked up SpeedSecrets bearings. Upgraded to Aluminium steering Bell Cranks, as I like super smooth steering. Front Diff gear was binding a bit, so a bit of filing, and breaking in, then the car started spinning nice. I was going to run it, and my B74, to compare the 2. But after 2 practice batteries, I'm sticking with the eb410.2. Love how it handles, that of course is more like my et410 and et410/sct. Laid down sum super fast lap times.
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Looks nice!

If I hadnít got all new 8ights Iíd be all for the tekno
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sea1swk View Post
Ran mine for the first time last weekend. Wanted it to spin better for 13.5 indoor Clay, so picked up SpeedSecrets bearings. Upgraded to Aluminium steering Bell Cranks, as I like super smooth steering. Front Diff gear was binding a bit, so a bit of filing, and breaking in, then the car started spinning nice. I was going to run it, and my B74, to compare the 2. But after 2 practice batteries, I'm sticking with the eb410.2. Love how it handles, that of course is more like my et410 and et410/sct. Laid down sum super fast lap times.
Great to here you like it. I'm still building mine. I decided to order the +1 aluminum clamping hexes so that I can run the Associated front wheel/tire sets I still have from my B64 but they have not got to me yet. I don't know if it's absolutely necessary but it says so in the manual so I figured what the heck. Cheaper than buying wheels and tires when I have good sets of tires.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Yep, I put the +1 hexes on the front to. AE wheels more common than non AE. I did not put on the back.
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

eb410.2 was smoking last Sunday. TQ'ed and put on quite a show in the main. Had the lead, until 1 minute. Some really fast drivers in a pack, pushing me. Big crash in front of me, and I got tied up in it. 2 passed me, and 3rd overall. My b74, I was doing low 18 laps. Almost hit 20 laps with the eb410.2. So long b74. Not only was the Tekno fast, but a blast to drive. I'm surprised how much I like it in almost stock form, over my older eb410. I'm even more excited for a et410.2, and wish they would do a et410.2/sct. I'm probably biased, as I have been racing my et410 and et410/sct a lot. So the eb410.2 felt like home.
, was TQ, Main:
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 12-31-2019, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sea1swk View Post
eb410.2 was smoking last Sunday. TQ'ed and put on quite a show in the main. Had the lead, until 1 minute. Some really fast drivers in a pack, pushing me. Big crash in front of me, and I got tied up in it. 2 passed me, and 3rd overall. My b74, I was doing low 18 laps. Almost hit 20 laps with the eb410.2. So long b74. Not only was the Tekno fast, but a blast to drive. I'm surprised how much I like it in almost stock form, over my older eb410. I'm even more excited for a et410.2, and wish they would do a et410.2/sct. I'm probably biased, as I have been racing my et410 and et410/sct a lot. So the eb410.2 felt like home. https://youtu.be/6C7e-RO0IEg, was TQ, Main: https://youtu.be/AN17ba-BbZw
Very nice! Well done! Totally excited to hear the news that your happy with the car. I just finally got my hexes in the mail today after almost 2 weeks. Holiday mail must of been backed up. Either way finally time to get this car finished.
Old 01-02-2020, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Still gathering some parts for my build. Hoping to start this weekend. Nice to see you guys are liking yours. I am building a 13.5, which is my first time running that class of buggy. Hopefully I like it.
Teknewbee likes this.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Finished the kit today now time for paint and electronics. I ordered another receiver for it today as well as a Jconcepts F2 body. Hopefully the receiver doesn't take 2 weeks to get here like the hexes did. I already have the rest of the electronics so I'll get those installed in the meantime. I'm putting a Reedy 510r with a Reedy Sonic 9.5 in it that I had in my B64 along with a new Savox 1258tg servo and Tekno aluminum servo horn I had from my ET410. I think it will be super fun to drive. Fast but not out of control fast.

rustyus likes this.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Lower ride height

Built my .2 for carpet and running yellow rear and red front springs. With springs being brand new, still canít get rideheight as low as iíd like even with spring collars all the way up. Whatís another way tonget low. Seeking 15mm rh and best i can get in rear is 19 and 18 in front
Old 01-04-2020, 05:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Compatible towers etc??

I just picked up a EB410.2 kit a couple days ago, and im wondering if anyone can tell me if any of the aftermarket carbon shock towers for the regular eb410 work on the
2? I see that Tekno has different part numbers for the stock ones, but i cant tell if the differences between old and new would mean that none of the aftermarkets fit the .2... It appears the upgraded aluminum Ackerman etc parts do fit as Tekno shows the same part for both cars. I guess I would have thought that Amain would have updated their site somewhat to show what parts work on the .2, but they havent even added it to a single parts compatibility list yet...

Also, what spring/piston/oil setups are working good for lapping on a blown out hard packed outdoor track with a couple 1/8 scale size jumps and many 1/8 scale buggy size potholes big enough to swallow a 1/10 scale???

This is my first 1/10 scale buggy since the original B44 and other than the super lame plastic shock caps im really liking it even without having all the electronics yet. I would gladly pay the extra to get the aluminum caps and bottoms if they made them in the kit, but they will be on the first order of extras in a few days once I know what else I want. I know Tekno has never cared about making their kits look fancy with a bunch of chamfered aluminum and carbon parts as looking good doesnt equal fast lap times, but the shock caps that come with this and the SCT are almost comical they are so cheap and crappy IMO, and for $400 i would think they could include at least those compared to how much nice stuff most every other 4wd buggy has for around $100 more. They would probably sell just as many kits if they included them and raised the price $20.00 too.

A little over a year ago i picked up a new ET48.3 and got bit by the Tekno bug big time, grabbing both the SCT410.3 and EB48.4 kits only about two weeks later, along with pretty much every option part for all of them that was available because I was so impressed with the combination of track performance and bashing ability/durability with the ET. This time I was actually planning on getting the ET410 as Ive been eyeing that since it came out, but my LHS sold the last one over this last weekend so I went with the new buggy instead and will get the ET when my guy gets them back in stock, unless i hear something about a .2 version of that hitting shelves soon.

Still waiting on my Tekin RSX Pro and 6.5 mod combo along with a couple 6100mah Maclan V3 LiHV shortys, but I picked up a Protek 160T servo and I think my 9th Futaba reciever to link up with my 7PX. I cant wait to drive this thing. Still need to paint up the body and glue up a few sets of wheels and tires while i wait for the Tekin stuff..
Teknewbee likes this.

Last edited by Lineman26; 01-04-2020 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Forgot title

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.