Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree301Likes

Team Associated B74 4wd buggy

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B74 4wd buggy
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mes
B74 Manual
New parts list
Product page
petitrc set-up page
Pistons explained

B64 carry-over parts:

- front and rear wheels
- springs
- pistons
- plastic diff gears
- shock caps
- spring cups
- arm mount inserts
- ball cups
- wing
- clamping wheel hexes
- generic hardware, tools, fluids

Fan mounts:
Revolution Design Yokomo YZ-4SF Aluminium Fan Mount RDRP0474
Schelle B74 Fan Mount and Wire Clip SCH1444 (SCH1444-COMBO with Motiv fan)
Revolution Design B74 Fan Mount RDRP0495

Aluminum options:
front shock tower RDRP0496
rear shock tower RDRP0497
rear hub set RDRP0489

Gear chart:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trashedmaxx
dr_hfuhuhurr,

Were did you find that shock tower protector?
This guy from Facebook has them.
https://www.facebook.com/SpectacleEngineering/
Old 06-10-2020, 04:17 AM
Tech Initiate

I believe my chunky cva issue will be resolved by adding down travel limiters inside the front shocks. Thank you big ted and CruiseM for the ideas.

My next question is, is it better to adjust my steering with the trim on the controller or with servo link turnbuckle? The picture in the manual says 15mm, when I measure the gap in the picture it is 17mm. When I set it to 15mm I have to add a lot of left sub trim in the controller. Does it make a difference where I adjust the steering?
Old 06-10-2020, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FanBoi
I believe my chunky cva issue will be resolved by adding down travel limiters inside the front shocks. Thank you big ted and CruiseM for the ideas.

My next question is, is it better to adjust my steering with the trim on the controller or with servo link turnbuckle? The picture in the manual says 15mm, when I measure the gap in the picture it is 17mm. When I set it to 15mm I have to add a lot of left sub trim in the controller. Does it make a difference where I adjust the steering?
Use the sub-trim to set the servo horn vertical and then adjust the link to the bell cranks to get them parallel to center the steering.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RogerM
Use the sub-trim to set the servo horn vertical and then adjust the link to the bell cranks to get them parallel to center the steering.
This worked very well. Thank you RogerM! I have to turn my my "steering rate" down to 60% but I still get a good lock and I assume that's not abnormal.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

This worked very well. Thank you RogerM! I have to turn my my "steering rate" down to 60% but I still get a good lock and I assume that's not abnormal.

after setting sub trim So the that car drive straight with steering links set at the same length.
Turn the steering rate to 100% then set the steering epa on the radio so that the servo only Moves the steering hub up to the steering stop you will hear a buzzing noise coming from the servo if the servo epa is set to go past the stop.
Make sure that you set the lock for both L and R up to the dead stops.
This means when you change the steering rate you will have equal lock L and R.
And you won’t be stressing the servo motor out trying to go past the steering stop.

Ray Munday Dremals the stops off the hub to get more steering lock if it is needed.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlett21
the only flaw I've experienced is the diff cup itself. The race where the bearing rides is not concentric with the o-ring seat and the surface the out drive spins. This causes the oring to prematurely wear and leak.
I had this exact problem so I picked up a set of the aluminum diff cups. I'm correct in assuming the screws to bolt the whole thing together should have low strength thread lock applied to them, correct?
Old 06-11-2020, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cartmen34
I had this exact problem so I picked up a set of the aluminum diff cups. I'm correct in assuming the screws to bolt the whole thing together should have low strength thread lock applied to them, correct?
I just made 100% sure there's zero lube in the threads and just snugged them up dry with no thread lock what so ever. Haven't had any issues at all running the aluminum cups without thead lock. If I were to use a fastener keeper i would use vc-3, it holds the screw without hardening. I use it on anything that experiences vibrations and a chemical threadlock is not ideal.
Old 06-13-2020, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jlett21
I just made 100% sure there's zero lube in the threads and just snugged them up dry with no thread lock what so ever. Haven't had any issues at all running the aluminum cups without thead lock. If I were to use a fastener keeper i would use vc-3, it holds the screw without hardening. I use it on anything that experiences vibrations and a chemical threadlock is not ideal.
Thanks for the advice jlett! I wasn't aware of vc-3. I'll check it out.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

I always advise that people use the shorter servo arm, partially for this reason but also because it makes the steering feel less sensitive to inputs.
Shaun Huelskamp likes this.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

I had totally missed this:

https://www.liverc.com/news/new-team...and-outdrives/

Guess this allows running full droop & up travel without worrying about chipping outdrives or breaking dogbones?

For those of us running on smoother, higher traction surfaces I'm guessing we're not giving up much just limiting the shock travel?
Old 06-24-2020, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by big ted
I had totally missed this:

https://www.liverc.com/news/new-team...and-outdrives/

Guess this allows running full droop & up travel without worrying about chipping outdrives or breaking dogbones?

For those of us running on smoother, higher traction surfaces I'm guessing we're not giving up much just limiting the shock travel?
Depending on personal preference, plastic spacers are much cheaper. It's not like the shock end will back itself out unless you took a hit to break it and lose the plastic spacer

It will definitely help out the rear as the shaft is barely touching the rear diff cups at full travel. There are people trimmed at least 1.5 mm off the diff cup in the front themselves instead of using plastic shims to stop interfering with the front diff cup.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ive never had an outdrive break.. One of mine is barely chipped tho
Old 07-05-2020, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi everyone, I've been running my B74 and my T74 truggy conversion on an outdoor smaller 1/8 style track lately and have been having some issues with spur gear wear from the pieces of dirt. So, I designed a spur gear over to go over the top of the carbon center brace to prevent dirt from entering the top side of the gear mesh and chewing up the gears. It has been test fit with a stock slipper, schelle slipper, and a center diff and fits well with all of them. I've printed a few prototypes on my desktop printer and now that I've finalized the design I plan on ordering a few to be printed in black nylon using a powder-bed process called MJF which results in production quality, parts that have a consistent slightly grainy finish. Before I place my order I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in ordering some because the more I order the better the price is.

Old 07-05-2020, 06:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quick question for a future project of mine. What is the width of of the b74 aluminum chassis without the side pods attached? Any help would be appreciated
Old 07-05-2020, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the resistance
Quick question for a future project of mine. What is the width of of the b74 aluminum chassis without the side pods attached? Any help would be appreciated
I can measure mine later tonight.

Edit: chassis is 75mm wide, the depth of the notch towards the center is 2mm (71mm between notches), and the depth for the notch from the top of the chassis is 0.9mm.

I hope that helps with your project.

Last edited by Di_spencer; 07-05-2020 at 10:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.