Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree301Likes

Team Associated B74 4wd buggy

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B74 4wd buggy
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mes
B74 Manual
New parts list
Product page
petitrc set-up page
Pistons explained

B64 carry-over parts:

- front and rear wheels
- springs
- pistons
- plastic diff gears
- shock caps
- spring cups
- arm mount inserts
- ball cups
- wing
- clamping wheel hexes
- generic hardware, tools, fluids

Fan mounts:
Revolution Design Yokomo YZ-4SF Aluminium Fan Mount RDRP0474
Schelle B74 Fan Mount and Wire Clip SCH1444 (SCH1444-COMBO with Motiv fan)
Revolution Design B74 Fan Mount RDRP0495

Aluminum options:
front shock tower RDRP0496
rear shock tower RDRP0497
rear hub set RDRP0489

Gear chart:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OnCam
Jconcepts also has new rear alu hubs for B74
https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/b74-a...r-hub-carriers
is it more durable than the stock one?
Old 05-03-2020, 08:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just bought a set of the DCV axles from AMain and they're much shorter than the stock axles. I thought they were sending out the full length ones? Anyway, do I see if longer axles are available or just find some low profile wheel nuts? I'm aware there was a dimension issue with the stock axles not passing tech.

*edit* I just ordered some low profile nuts from rcspeedsecrets.com so I'm good.

Last edited by FloridaST; 05-04-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
A local friend tapped his AE hubs for something similar. He said it reduced slop but it ruins the inserts in a few runs.

Tradeoffs I guess
The screws are a nice feature but found out it is way too easy to pinch the hingepin in the hub height insert and reduce the hubs free rotation. Maybe this isn't as much of an issue at +2/3 but using +1 it was annoying so I didn't worry about locking down the insert and removed the grub screws.

Mainly bought them for the stiffness of aluminium over the flimsier plastic hubs. I haven't had an issue with breaking the stock plastic hubs but I almost always prefer the way the aluminium rear hubs feel on my 4wds.
Alexv2024 likes this.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So when does the version of the b74 come out without the adjustable diffs to match the 22s weight?
Old 05-07-2020, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AxiomJacob
So when does the version of the b74 come out without the adjustable diffs to match the 22s weight?
why ? does it need it? LOL
Old 05-08-2020, 07:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
I agree they are probably testing various plunge lengths, it would be cool if they were to copy Durango's method of adjustable plunge:

The new TLR Elite has 4 settings for this system
Old 05-08-2020, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trf211
The screws are a nice feature but found out it is way too easy to pinch the hingepin in the hub height insert and reduce the hubs free rotation. Maybe this isn't as much of an issue at +2/3 but using +1 it was annoying so I didn't worry about locking down the insert and removed the grub screws.

Mainly bought them for the stiffness of aluminium over the flimsier plastic hubs. I haven't had an issue with breaking the stock plastic hubs but I almost always prefer the way the aluminium rear hubs feel on my 4wds.
my quick fix for the inserts was to simply push them in with thin music wire between the insert and hub on either top or bottom closest to where the pin is located. This locked them in but not permanently and tightend the hing up. I also did this for the front as well.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey fellas - new here. Just picked up a B74 and am having an issue with the bottom of the spur gear lightly rubbing against the chassis. Shredded a couple spurs and even a pinion before I found that was the issue. Anyone else with this issue and have suggestions to diagnose and fix it? I’ve taken apart the slipper and reassembled multiple times to no avail. Running a 78T. Cheers
Old 05-24-2020, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mes
And there is always the 75 tooth spur gear for more options.

I just added a gear chart to the wiki; minimum and maximum pinions were measured for 72 and 78 spur gears, 69 and 75 teeth values were calculated from the minimum and maximum sums of teeth. Mimimum and maximum pinions may vary between manufacturers, though.
Can you note which pinion brand(s) you took the measurements with? Just tried the 21t and 22t Robinson Racing Alu Pro pinions with the 72 spur, and they're both a no-go (part #'s 1321 & 1322)
Old 05-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FinsUp99
Hey fellas - new here. Just picked up a B74 and am having an issue with the bottom of the spur gear lightly rubbing against the chassis. Shredded a couple spurs and even a pinion before I found that was the issue. Anyone else with this issue and have suggestions to diagnose and fix it? I’ve taken apart the slipper and reassembled multiple times to no avail. Running a 78T. Cheers
many have had this manufacturer defect and this exact issue and I believe that they raised the mount for proper clearance
Old 05-25-2020, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FloridaST
I just bought a set of the DCV axles from AMain and they're much shorter than the stock axles. I thought they were sending out the full length ones? Anyway, do I see if longer axles are available or just find some low profile wheel nuts? I'm aware there was a dimension issue with the stock axles not passing tech.

*edit* I just ordered some low profile nuts from rcspeedsecrets.com so I'm good.
AE just released new low profile wheel nuts for this
Old 05-25-2020, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FloridaST
The original dcvs came with the long axles, and wherever tech uses a box to check width they were having issues so the new axles are shorter. If tech uses a thin gauge then theres no issue. As an axle being wide doesnt actually give an advantage....
Old 05-25-2020, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by :skribble:
Can you note which pinion brand(s) you took the measurements with? Just tried the 21t and 22t Robinson Racing Alu Pro pinions with the 72 spur, and they're both a no-go (part #'s 1321 & 1322)
Unless you mod the motor mount for more clearance to move the motor in I think the smallest pinion you can run is like a 24 on the 72t spur. I had to switch to the 78 to use smaller pinions after running the 72 for a while.

That gearing chart needs to list that only 72/78 fit the gear diff and the other ones are for the slipper only.

Originally Posted by Losiracer12
many have had this manufacturer defect and this exact issue and I believe that they raised the mount for proper clearance
I don't know if they changed the mold at all but anyone I know that has the issue just uses a .5mm large diameter shim on the bottom. You can even glue the shim in place to keep from losing it. Kinda sucks but an easy fix.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I had someone ask to buy my not-really-for-sale B74 and ended up doing something I would NEVER recommend doing...total up what you've put into a car. In any event...here's the pics. Can't wait to get out and actually drive it!

Old 05-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
I had someone ask to buy my not-really-for-sale B74 and ended up doing something I would NEVER recommend doing...total up what you've put into a car. In any event...here's the pics. Can't wait to get out and actually drive it!
Sooo... what's the total?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.