Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree301Likes

Team Associated B74 4wd buggy

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-14-2019, 10:03 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B74 4wd buggy
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mes
B74 Manual
New parts list
Product page
petitrc set-up page
Pistons explained

B64 carry-over parts:

- front and rear wheels
- springs
- pistons
- plastic diff gears
- shock caps
- spring cups
- arm mount inserts
- ball cups
- wing
- clamping wheel hexes
- generic hardware, tools, fluids

Fan mounts:
Revolution Design Yokomo YZ-4SF Aluminium Fan Mount RDRP0474
Schelle B74 Fan Mount and Wire Clip SCH1444 (SCH1444-COMBO with Motiv fan)
Revolution Design B74 Fan Mount RDRP0495

Aluminum options:
front shock tower RDRP0496
rear shock tower RDRP0497
rear hub set RDRP0489

Gear chart:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 04:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
I can measure mine later tonight.

Edit: chassis is 75mm wide, the depth of the notch towards the center is 2mm (71mm between notches), and the depth for the notch from the top of the chassis is 0.9mm.

I hope that helps with your project.
awesome! Thanks for your help!

Old 07-23-2020, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Anything to the rumors of a new model in the works? Old one discontinued? Or just a supply shortage?
Old 07-23-2020, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by sea1swk
Anything to the rumors of a new model in the works? Old one discontinued? Or just a supply shortage?
Looks like a .1 version is on the way, to me.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Can anyone tell me what kind of advantage have these 66mm dogbones (part #92212)????
found them an the AE page.

Do I need anything more?

Are there also different lengths for the front?
Old 07-26-2020, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Muecke
Can anyone tell me what kind of advantage have these 66mm dogbones (part #92212)????
found them an the AE page.

Do I need anything more?

Are there also different lengths for the front?
The longer bone will decrease the binding/straightening affect the cvd has on suspension. More body roll and more stability with the longer option. Another bonus is you get a small amount more uptravel clearance with the 66's over the 62's. Trading off outright response and drive, for a more stable and number feel. Atleast that was my experience switching between them.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Two weeks?

Price down to $448 on A main.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It does seem like a new car is coming. I hope it easily upgrades like B6.1 to B6.2. I just bought the car when it is on sale for $479 a few weeks back from Amain.
HeavyD99 and nesbot like this.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

question.... i just got a used b74 from someone here on rctech and want to freshen up the front and rear diffs and set it up for my local track but need to know what weight fluid to use? Track is OCRC, indoor clay and track info listed on petitrc goes from dirt to hard packed and from medium to high traction. (unfortunately petitrc doesnt have any setups for the b74 and OCRC). Also wondering if i should switch from the slipper clutch to a center gear diff and if so what weight fluid i should?

thanks in advance!
Old 07-28-2020, 01:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

You can't go wrong with this setup: https://img2.associatedelectrics.com...g_Baseline.pdf
motorXhead likes this.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorXhead
question.... i just got a used b74 from someone here on rctech and want to freshen up the front and rear diffs and set it up for my local track but need to know what weight fluid to use? Track is OCRC, indoor clay and track info listed on petitrc goes from dirt to hard packed and from medium to high traction. (unfortunately petitrc doesnt have any setups for the b74 and OCRC). Also wondering if i should switch from the slipper clutch to a center gear diff and if so what weight fluid i should?

thanks in advance!
10k front, 7k rear with slipper is great. Run the LCF pads on 2 pad side and white pad on single side.
motorXhead likes this.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CCristo
You can't go wrong with this setup: https://img2.associatedelectrics.com...g_Baseline.pdf
thank you!

Originally Posted by timannnn6
10k front, 7k rear with slipper is great. Run the LCF pads on 2 pad side and white pad on single side.
awesome thank you!

there is so much to this crap and having someone that knows what they are doing really help start off right.
Old 07-28-2020, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by trf211
The longer bone will decrease the binding/straightening affect the cvd has on suspension. More body roll and more stability with the longer option. Another bonus is you get a small amount more uptravel clearance with the 66's over the 62's. Trading off outright response and drive, for a more stable and number feel. Atleast that was my experience switching between them.
Thanks for your answer.

What do you mean with "a small amount more uptravel clearance" ? You mean more ride hight?

Are there also longer bones for the front or only the rear?
Old 07-28-2020, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CCristo
I drove that setup on a friends car. He asked me what I thought of it and it was awful. 90% of that was the 1.5 in the front piston and center slipper. Change those to normal stuff (1.6/1.6 front piston 37-40wt front oil and center slipper) and its a great setup. Those two things in the setup make the car absurdly twitchy, which it doesn't need.

If you bring up weight, a center diff with plastic gears and aluminum or Ti screws weighs less than a standard slipper. That schell or aftermarket slipper may be lighter than a stock slipper and similar or slightly lighter than a light diff but slippers suck to drive on dirt anyway. 90% of everyone run center diffs.

But the rest of the setup is good. We changed those things I mentioned and it worked great.
Old 08-10-2020, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Outdoor dirt tyre guide

Hi guys,

There were some questions a page or 2 back about tyre choice for outdoor dirt racing. Ive put together a tyre guide on how we choose our JConcepts tyres here in Australia.

Rctech:
Ask Ray Munday - JConcepts, Reedy, Associated Aussie Support Thread

I have also put it on my facebook page:

Any questions, let me know. Hope it helps out!

Ray
RogerM and frdtrkguy like this.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

After struggling a bit recently on an indoor clay track, I think I had narrowed down my issue to an over steer and the back end was tail happy. I turned down my steering D/R to 90% and my qualifier and main to end the night were my fastest yet at this track and layout. Should I try a different front tire ? (running positron, say try an electron) ? Try another setup change to remove some steering? Or not worry about it, be happy it feels good and just send it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.