Search
Like Tree156Likes

TLR 8ight X-E

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by ExRCRacer
My XE is on pre-order with Horizon Hobby! Looking forward to some great back and forth discussion in this thread on the car. Hoping to be well dialed in and ready to go by race season this spring!
If drives anything like the nitro your gonna have a lot fun getting it dailed!!
Old 02-12-2019, 02:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mickey_B

If drives anything like the nitro your gonna have a lot fun getting it dailed!!
lol, I might get lost in translation, but it almost sounds like you mean that it's a pain to dail in? 8)
Old 02-12-2019, 08:33 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Huleboer
lol, I might get lost in translation, but it almost sounds like you mean that it's a pain to dail in? 8)
This is what I made of that comment too
Old 02-14-2019, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

First, I'm relatively new to this particular forum. I've been on the Traxxas forum for the past couple of months, having recently rejoined the surface RC community. For the past few years, I've been flying quad- & hex-copter drones, and the years leading up to that I've been flying RC helicopters. Anyway, glad to be back "on the ground". The first vehicle I picked up was a rustler 4x4 VXL, which already has several upgrades (incl a Hitec servo), and will soon have the rest of the electronics replaced (Tekin RX8 ESC & Pro4 motor, Futaba Rx). I'm also in the process of building up two other vehicles, both using LCG pre-roller chassis - another Rustler 4x4, plus a Slash 4x4.

Forr the greatest parts, the parts lists for both vehicles is complete, with the exception of shocks for one of the two vehicles. Interestingly, while searching for shocks for that vehicle, I happened to discover the TLR 8ight-XE. Talk about amazing. To make a long story short, I found a shop in my state that receive a few yesterday...and mine should be shipping to me before the end of today. I realize this will cause a delay in the building of the other two projects...but who cares.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

UPDATE: Just received the "shipped" email, with USPS tracking number. I'm as excited as a kid in a candy store...except this "kid" is over 50.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Soooooo stoked! Received my XE today, and some bits and pieces.. I've been one of the "few" that only run 1:10 at my local track, and so looking forward to 1:8. While tons of folks from my local track are heading to Motorama this weekend, I'll be building my XE! (I may build the diffs tonight!...can't wait!)
Old 02-14-2019, 05:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Yep! I'm another one of the lucky ones that got their kit today - but, I unfortunately have too much other shit going on (non-RC related) to get to it. I'm looking forward to the feedback on the build from you guys!
Old 02-14-2019, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Should have my kit tomorrow. Then all the aluminum parts that are visible are off to get anodized!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dougo96
Should have my kit tomorrow. Then all the aluminum parts that are visible are off to get anodized!
Aren't they already? Or are you going for a colour change?
Old 02-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mine came in today! Unfortunately a sinus infection will delay the build, but I’ve got my nitro x dialed In.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

At least three three of you either already have yours, or will receive you're today...I ordered mine (and it shipped) yesterday. Regarding the anodizing, I've never had it done before, although I am considering it (there's a few places in San Jose, CA, that offer the service). Just curious, but, for RC vehicle parts, what would the approximate cost be? Also, will you be having the standard, or hard anodized, done? Just trying to get an idea, to make certain the local places aren't "ripping me off".
Old 02-16-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Panther6834
At least three three of you either already have yours, or will receive you're today...I ordered mine (and it shipped) yesterday. Regarding the anodizing, I've never had it done before, although I am considering it (there's a few places in San Jose, CA, that offer the service). Just curious, but, for RC vehicle parts, what would the approximate cost be? Also, will you be having the standard, or hard anodized, done? Just trying to get an idea, to make certain the local places aren't "ripping me off".
I've owned 8ights from 1.0 to 3.0. I suppose I might have missed something, but on the race kits, I don't remember any aluminum kit part or upgrade part that was not already anodized from the factory. If you choose to have the existing anodizing stripped and re-done be aware that you may affect the fit of certain parts. The thickness of the anodizing is accounted for in the manufacture of these items. Probably won't make much difference on the chassis, though.

The RTRs are different - some of those have come with parts that weren't anodized.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
I've owned 8ights from 1.0 to 3.0. I suppose I might have missed something, but on the race kits, I don't remember any aluminum kit part or upgrade part that was not already anodized from the factory. If you choose to have the existing anodizing stripped and re-done be aware that you may affect the fit of certain parts. The thickness of the anodizing is accounted for in the manufacture of these items. Probably won't make much difference on the chassis, though.

The RTRs are different - some of those have come with parts that weren't anodized.
Correct. Most of the time, if someone is anodizing parts for a new kit it is because they want a different color.
Old 02-16-2019, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Huleboer
Aren't they already? Or are you going for a colour change?
Color changing. Gonna do a black chassis, shock towers and shock bodies. Orange shock caps, shock collars, and hinge pin holders
Old 02-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Panther6834
I could get you a rough estimate if youd like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.