Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree156Likes

TLR 8ight X-E

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cody Gibson
I purchased my XE I currently have 2 races on it. The problem I have is the drive shaft going to the rear DIFFERENTIAL OUTDRIVE I can slide the drive shaft all the way forward the pin in the shaft will almost fall out of the out drive I noticed this when assembling the car. Will yesterday during my A-Main the drive popped out of the differential outdrive. I heard few out drivers also with the XE having the same issues. Has anyone heard about this or maybe have a fix for it just seems to me the drive shaft is a little 2 short.
I use small rubber hose and cut 2mm spacers and put them in the outdrives. Fuel tubing will also work. Just make sure your leave some play back and forth for the dog bone to move for chassis flex. Are you running the boots on the dog bone? I think the boots are suppose to keep the dog bones in place but i didn't want to run them and went with the spacers in the outdrives.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by platgof
AMAIN has the gear boxes in stock now.
The new gear boxes are reinforced on the top where the shock towers mount with little gussets to support the tower. This should help prevent breaks like in the picture I posted. I like how TLR is already getting updated parts to fix little things that a first run platform can have. I really like how they are working to support the product and are always working at making it better.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Contacted TLR

I contact TLR today they are working on a 3mm longer dog bone. They also said use some fuel line out put shaft on the center diff because once it starts rotating the dog bone wants to slide forward. After inspecting my 8ight XE today it did more then just pop out it ripped the sensor wire out of my motor, ripped my switch wire out of esc, cracked my rear support, put a hole in the side of my esc. I am guessing once it popped out I didn’t notice it right when it happen or I was at high speed part of the track but once it popped out it was just slapping Everything...
Old 04-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody Gibson
I contact TLR today they are working on a 3mm longer dog bone. They also said use some fuel line out put shaft on the center diff because once it starts rotating the dog bone wants to slide forward. After inspecting my 8ight XE today it did more then just pop out it ripped the sensor wire out of my motor, ripped my switch wire out of esc, cracked my rear support, put a hole in the side of my esc. I am guessing once it popped out I didn’t notice it right when it happen or I was at high speed part of the track but once it popped out it was just slapping Everything...
It's starting to sound more & more as if Losi rushed the R&D a bit too much, and ended up releasing a "faulty" product...except that they will also refuse to admit this fact. Of course, if they do refuse to admit this fact, then why are they working on "fixes"...unless, of course, they knew about these problems before they actually released it.
MX304 likes this.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Panther6834
It's starting to sound more & more as if Losi rushed the R&D a bit too much, and ended up releasing a "faulty" product...except that they will also refuse to admit this fact. Of course, if they do refuse to admit this fact, then why are they working on "fixes"...unless, of course, they knew about these problems before they actually released it.

They did not rush, if anything they delayed the release several time for various reasons. Not sure what you want TLR to do but it is not going to involve them losing money or sending replacement parts for these one off situations. Overall the buggy is fine and operates without issue.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Tlr was at psycho nitro in full throttle mode. Drivers, reps, whole team. We ran the new cars without any problems on that huge track. What I will say about it is it was great and the losi team was a lot of help getting them dialed. And they also told me they were gonna send a pack out to every person that purchased an x. They told all x owners there.....so its coming. That package would include revised spindles and some other revised parts. They will announce soon on Facebook. Hats off the customer service. This will go down as the first time I have ever purchased a rc car with a "weak" part and anyone has given me anything. I have however purchased upgrades, with my own money, on every rc car I have ever owned to replace weaker parts that were prone to break. Hats off to losi for the awesome car and unbelievable customer service.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Perrydog
Tlr was at psycho nitro in full throttle mode. Drivers, reps, whole team. We ran the new cars without any problems on that huge track. What I will say about it is it was great and the losi team was a lot of help getting them dialed. And they also told me they were gonna send a pack out to every person that purchased an x. They told all x owners there.....so its coming. That package would include revised spindles and some other revised parts. They will announce soon on Facebook. Hats off the customer service. This will go down as the first time I have ever purchased a rc car with a "weak" part and anyone has given me anything. I have however purchased upgrades, with my own money, on every rc car I have ever owned to replace weaker parts that were prone to break. Hats off to losi for the awesome car and unbelievable customer service.
Now that is customer service!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

One, how will they know "every owner". I don't recall seeing any info inside the box about registering my XE. Two, if they're "notifying" via Facebook, that's another 'problem' as not everyone is on Facebook.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

One, how will they know "every owner". I don't recall seeing any info inside the box about registering my XE. Two, if they're "notifying" via Facebook, that's another 'problem' as not everyone is on Facebook.
One, they will notify horizon and provide proof of purchase...ie electronic receipt from online purchase I assume. Two, if they don't hear about it in the dinosaur age I guess they wont get it. They are doing good things. If it doesn't accommodate 2% I'm sure the other 98% will be loyal customers.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

One, they will notify horizon and provide proof of purchase...ie electronic receipt from online purchase I assume. Two, if they don't hear about it in the dinosaur age I guess they wont get it. They are doing good things. If it doesn't accommodate 2% I'm sure the other 98% will be loyal customers.
Interesting, considering I just called Horizon Hobby / TLR, and they know nothing about what's being claimed in the thread. As I'm waiting on a callback from one of two Losi engineers (on an unrelated matter), I'll be certain to ask one of them.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

Interesting, considering I just called Horizon Hobby / TLR, and they know nothing about what's being claimed in the thread. As I'm waiting on a callback from one of two Losi engineers (on an unrelated matter), I'll be certain to ask one of them.
I will bet u a new kit it is so.....interested?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

If I had money to spare, win or lose, if be willing. Unfortunately, between my recent 8ight-XE, 22 5.0 SR, XRAY T4 2019, second Traxxas Rustler 4x4 VXL, and Team Associated SC6.1 purchases, as well as all the additional items needed for said vehicles, cash flow has become "limited"...lol
Old 04-10-2019, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 243 (100%+)

I like his confidence!
Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TRL call me back

TRL opened a ticket they had me take pics of the car and the damage to show them what happen. The next day One of the top engineers called me back unfortunately they are unable to warranty my esc which totally understandable because it’s a hobbywing product. But they sent out a new rear support and new body along with few other things out which I received today along few extras like stickers, T-shirt , hat. And gave me a promotional code for 20% for any future purchases. I called hobbywing to explain what happen and let them know what TRL told me about the esc once again had a ticket open send them pictures of the damage to the esc which is a SR8 pro plus they are sending me out another one free of charge which they will need the damaged one back to inspect it I guess. Very happy with both TRL & Hobbywing after something like this I will be a customer for life. I have 2 8ight XE one I got from a hobby store other one from TRL website. Lucky I have my other car to fall back on which I already added the fuel line to avoid this again.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

yeah they told me the same thing the first time I called them the engineer ask to please hold after explaining what happen after about 2 minute hold he said over the phone they are aware of the problem they are in the works of a 3mm longer dog bone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.