Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree464Likes

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC ET410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus

Welcome to the ET410 Wiki page.

• 95% parts compatibility with the EB410 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
  • Updated 3mm 7075 CNC chassis and revised A and B hinge pin braces.
  • 13mm hard anodized threaded shocks with locking spring perches.
  • New 32 pitch spur gear for ultimate durability
  • 3.5mm shock shafts with revised dual guide x-ring cartridge.
  • 7075 CNC machined adjustable hinge pin brace system.
  • Three high volume fluid-filled adjustable differentials.
  • Lightweight 7075 tapered center driveshafts.
  • Quick access to differentials and maintenance friendly layout.
  • Captured CVA front and rear driveshafts with heavy duty 6mm stub axles.
  • Fully ball raced reverse bellcrank steering system.
  • Uses 1/10th AE Offset Stadium Truck or Traxxas Slash Short Course offset wheels.
For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

Parts Needed to convert from EB410 to ET410

Pin Replacement Tool options

Inner Hinge Pin Inserts- Degrees of Adjustment

Upgrades:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tbuggy
For those wanting to use the SCT wheels and still have a wider stance like ST wheels provide then check out Exotek +3mm hexes. They also have a +2mm version.
Might be worth noting, I'm running a et410 as a Short Course. With the +1 Hex, and the +3 AE Shortcourse wheels, I am right at the Roar width. Well, the Roar with for Short Course. In no way am I saying that is a rule for Truggy.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Can someone please tell me the O.D. of the shock piston with a digital caliper? Please and thank you in advance.

Old 06-23-2019, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do people flip the arms on the ET410 like we do on the EB410. I just did that to my EB and I liked it. Better landing.

I just started my ET build, happy fathers day to me!
Old 06-23-2019, 10:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jon003
Do people flip the arms on the ET410 like we do on the EB410. I just did that to my EB and I liked it. Better landing.

they flip the arms if your doing the forward shock mount mod. Only drawback is the droop screw won’t touch the chassis
Old 06-24-2019, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

I found on the et410, it had plenty of steering through the corners. That is where I believe moving the rear shocks in front of the rear shock tower helps. My biggest issue, was jumping. With the rear shocks behind the rear shock tower, it helped it jump flatter or more predicable. I also tried a MIP chassis kit, and actually did not like it on the et410. But I did like converting one into a shortcourse, with a longer chassis. Jumps super smooth.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sea1swk
I found on the et410, it had plenty of steering through the corners. That is where I believe moving the rear shocks in front of the rear shock tower helps. My biggest issue, was jumping. With the rear shocks behind the rear shock tower, it helped it jump flatter or more predicable. I also tried a MIP chassis kit, and actually did not like it on the et410. But I did like converting one into a shortcourse, with a longer chassis. Jumps super smooth.
the guys at my track all thickened the rear oil to make it jump and handle better. Are you running30k up front?
Old 06-26-2019, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The General OCD

the guys at my track all thickened the rear oil to make it jump and handle better. Are you running30k up front?
7k-30k-7k, I'll have to give it a try.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sea1swk
i agree 100%. so my thinking was that i wanted more off power rotation into a corner. so i went down in front oil. i also went up in the center to put more power to the rear wheels when i came out of a corner. i'm at 20-50-10 and the truck is great on loose dirt.
The General OCD likes this.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
i agree 100%. so my thinking was that i wanted more off power rotation into a corner. so i went down in front oil. i also went up in the center to put more power to the rear wheels when i came out of a corner. i'm at 20-50-10 and the truck is great on loose dirt.
ya I was advised to bump up the rear shocks to 35 weight and run it box stock. I did make a mistake in the build and put 10k in front instead of 30k. I caught it before it hit dirt and thought, f it,I’ll run it with 10k. I didn’t like the entry/exit steering on the couple I test drove before I bought it....Honestly I wasn’t impressed with either test drive. But I gave it a shot and when I ran it first pack, it was like the holy grail! Best box stock car I’ve ever driven!! And I love the 10 k in front. Indoors it works great,I could probably go 20 k outdoors. A little too much steering with 10k 👍
Old 06-27-2019, 05:25 AM
Tech Rookie

How do you guys feel about the et410 as a smallish, nimble, “in the city” type basher/all around rc? Is it a good size/shape for streets/grass/curbs? I grew up with a 1/10 stadium truck so it gives me the nostalgia feels. And I think itd make a nice compliment to my SMT10...
FastPete and aspiringracer like this.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by The General OCD

ya I was advised to bump up the rear shocks to 35 weight and run it box stock. I did make a mistake in the build and put 10k in front instead of 30k. I caught it before it hit dirt and thought, f it,I’ll run it with 10k. I didn’t like the entry/exit steering on the couple I test drove before I bought it....Honestly I wasn’t impressed with either test drive. But I gave it a shot and when I ran it first pack, it was like the holy grail! Best box stock car I’ve ever driven!! And I love the 10 k in front. Indoors it works great,I could probably go 20 k outdoors. A little too much steering with 10k 👍
We put 15k in the front diff, increased rear toe(C pill double dot up and in, D pill double dot up and out)put the front a&b pills at center center and called it a day. Dropped .5 - 1 second off 16-17s lap times. We found the larger the difference between the front and rear diff oils the more locked the front will be and looser the rear will feel. Evening the oils but still acounding for the extra weight up front, 15k seemed to feel the most balanced on and off throttle.
The General OCD likes this.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seewhatididther
How do you guys feel about the et410 as a smallish, nimble, “in the city” type basher/all around rc? Is it a good size/shape for streets/grass/curbs? I grew up with a 1/10 stadium truck so it gives me the nostalgia feels. And I think itd make a nice compliment to my SMT10...
I'd say It's everything you are looking for. The first time I took the little truggy out, I was overly joyed when launching it off some jumps...very predictable in flight. I'm a huge fan of stadium trucks, and driving one with 4wd, it just takes that stadium truck feeling to a whole new level. Yeah, so I destroyed the wing on the second outing. Easy fix. No long term durability issue talk from me as I only had the ET410 out track bashin' for a few months. I give props to Tekno for making a great driving RC, even if you don't race it.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just to see what it looks like, I got another exotek front sway bar mount.

On the ET410, it doesn't fit. I'm guessing people are either not moving the shocks/arms or they are custom printing one.

I guess I'll have to buy another EB410 for mod to use up this mount!
Old 06-29-2019, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just to see what it looks like, I got another exotek front sway bar mount.

On the ET410, it doesn't fit. I'm guessing people are either not moving the shocks/arms or they are custom printing one.

I guess I'll have to buy another EB410 for mod to use up this mount!
Can you show a pic of how it's not fitting? The only reason I can see it not working is that when the arms are flipped the mounts for the swaybar (on the arm) are too far away and puts the plastic part connecting the arm to the bar at too much of an angle, which would cause it to bind on the ball at droop.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

searching for setups on high bite crc carpet. The controlled tire is slicks only. I usually run high bite indoor clay exclusively in the 13.5 stock class with Tekin SPEC R 13.5 w the Indoor recommended 13.5 setup from Matt Wolter. small track. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.