Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree463Likes

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC ET410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus

Welcome to the ET410 Wiki page.

• 95% parts compatibility with the EB410 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
  • Updated 3mm 7075 CNC chassis and revised A and B hinge pin braces.
  • 13mm hard anodized threaded shocks with locking spring perches.
  • New 32 pitch spur gear for ultimate durability
  • 3.5mm shock shafts with revised dual guide x-ring cartridge.
  • 7075 CNC machined adjustable hinge pin brace system.
  • Three high volume fluid-filled adjustable differentials.
  • Lightweight 7075 tapered center driveshafts.
  • Quick access to differentials and maintenance friendly layout.
  • Captured CVA front and rear driveshafts with heavy duty 6mm stub axles.
  • Fully ball raced reverse bellcrank steering system.
  • Uses 1/10th AE Offset Stadium Truck or Traxxas Slash Short Course offset wheels.
For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

Parts Needed to convert from EB410 to ET410

Pin Replacement Tool options

Inner Hinge Pin Inserts- Degrees of Adjustment

Upgrades:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am running box stock right now and it seems to handle well. Been debating running 100k center but idk. I am running 10/100/7 in my wheeler and it seems to run fine. More locked up. I did it lore to have an even disperent of power to front and rear.

With my ET I am running 30/30/7 and I like it so far.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Wider Hexes Needed for SC Wheels

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
Get the +1mm hexes, I had to for the same reason (though people kept saying it was the wrong offset).
I got everything mounted up

and tried turning the driveline by hand...everything was super tight. I thought I was losing my mind, because I have not read about anyone else having the issue with their SC wheels. The second after I took the picture in the earlier post above, I had some wider hexes "in the mail".
Old 03-04-2019, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
I found out that the wheel nuts should be tossed. I replaced them with Durango wheel nuts that work much better. This car is amazing, and patiently waiting for a chance to run it. Took awhile to get the steering figured out, but good to go. It is faster that what I am used to, so i dropped it to 6 volts and much better. I do have a very fast servo in it, so that did not hurt at all. The Savox 2271 servo is a beast. The Tekin 5 motor runs very cool in this!
Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
Are you referring to TKR123 https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1213...errated-4pcs/? Could you let me know what issues you've had with them? I know our orginal EB410 wheel nuts (TKR6274) did not have the best serration (and we've updated those) but I have not heard of any issues with TKR1213.
Because of winter being a typical winter, I haven't even got a chance to let this truggy rip yet. Only the second time that I put the wheel nuts on (getting wheel hex issue sorted out), and this happens...

In all the years of my RCing, this is the first nylon lock nut to undo itself . #WhyIUseThreadLockOnMyNuts
Old 03-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any set up sheets out there besides the 3 on Tekno’s website?
Old 03-05-2019, 03:10 AM
Tech Regular

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend racing. First time out with it.
Originally Posted by rustyus
Because of winter being a typical winter, I haven't even got a chance to let this truggy rip yet. Only the second time that I put the wheel nuts on (getting wheel hex issue sorted out), and this happens...

In all the years of my RCing, this is the first nylon lock nut to undo itself . #WhyIUseThreadLockOnMyNuts
Old 03-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Maybe these would be a better replacement...serrated/locking nut, the best of both worlds! I have yet to loose a wheel nut but when I read this I started looking into replacements just in case.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-lo...336000/p249846
Troubles Dad likes this.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCSteveH
Any set up sheets out there besides the 3 on Tekno’s website?
I asked for help on the ET410 fb page. I had many ideas to try. It’s tough to find a setup sheet.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone have the rear arm length on a et410, pin to pin?
Old 03-06-2019, 09:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi folks...just finished build, everything went well, can’t wait to run it! Only problems to note on build are the wheel hexes with DE racing wheels are too tight, owner off DE said cram them on and run them..so we’ll see the on and off of wheels improves with time? Of course I have 2 sets.haha..Other than that, when I came to hinge pins in the build, I was upset with size, including the blocks, had to call Tekno next morning and explained I was seeing an engineering problem..way too small in my opinion, my 2 wd buggies have more beefy blocks pins and turnbuckles... the Tekno expert at the company said to continue with build and assured me they weren’t fishing for future parts money...I assured them I’ll keep them honest if I have trouble in that area. To end positive, the quality and fit of the parts is probably the best I’ve come across! This is my “take no prisoners ride” Saturday night track style! The wiring came out nice, very clean, one late night paint job in a blizzard that I lucked out on and really like
Old 03-15-2019, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I picked up the finnisher body. It is thicker than the techno body. ~.3mm thicker. You cant use the rear body mounting tabs since this body doesnt taper back. It wasnt really an issue anyways as I filed down the rear top posts and use velcro on those to secure the rear of the body. This also eliminates the damage to the holes in the body when the chassis flexes. I guess you can just slot the rear holes as well. It has been holding up well with several track sessions.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1sierrarcer
Hi folks...just finished build, everything went well, can’t wait to run it! Only problems to note on build are the wheel hexes with DE racing wheels are too tight, owner off DE said cram them on and run them..so we’ll see the on and off of wheels improves with time? Of course I have 2 sets.haha..Other than that, when I came to hinge pins in the build, I was upset with size, including the blocks, had to call Tekno next morning and explained I was seeing an engineering problem..way too small in my opinion, my 2 wd buggies have more beefy blocks pins and turnbuckles... the Tekno expert at the company said to continue with build and assured me they weren’t fishing for future parts money...I assured them I’ll keep them honest if I have trouble in that area. To end positive, the quality and fit of the parts is probably the best I’ve come across! This is my “take no prisoners ride” Saturday night track style! The wiring came out nice, very clean, one late night paint job in a blizzard that I lucked out on and really like
Yes, they loosen up after several times. As for the hinge pins, I got the mcmaster carr hinge pins that another person suggested and they have been holding up better.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so I'm really tossing over getting one of these, however, I do not want to buy all new electronics, would a Tekin RSX esc and Tekin 7.5T Redline Gen3 from my 22t work in this truck?
Old 04-26-2019, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott_0
so I'm really tossing over getting one of these, however, I do not want to buy all new electronics, would a Tekin RSX esc and Tekin 7.5T Redline Gen3 from my 22t work in this truck?
Those electronics would work great. I have run everything from a 10.5t to a 5.5t to a 4 pole 4300. They all work well.
scott_0 likes this.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrightcs77
Those electronics would work great. I have run everything from a 10.5t to a 5.5t to a 4 pole 4300. They all work well.
+1 agree
scott_0 likes this.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Default LCG ET410

I just finished up a little project I had been working on from scratch. Finally got everything all together, just need to do some soldering now and some testing. The idea was to make a LCG version of the ET and compare performance. I also have the PR truggy ordered and the LCG was a big part of the hype for this truck and was also inspiration for the modification. I think I accomplished what I was trying to. At least the shocks, towers and body noticeably lower than the original.

My LCG ET

Original ET

Side by side. You can see the noticeable difference in roof and shocks height. The original ET does have its ride height at 27mm currently and the LCG ET is at 25mm but you can see the difference is a lot more than 2mm.

LCG ET

Original ET

Tell me what you guys think so far!? I am hoping to get a chance to get to the track later this week and do some side by side test runs between the two. And then in a couple of weeks after I get my PR truggy I will test that against this as well.
FastPete, MaX-D and aspiringracer like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.