Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree464Likes

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC ET410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus

Welcome to the ET410 Wiki page.

• 95% parts compatibility with the EB410 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
  • Updated 3mm 7075 CNC chassis and revised A and B hinge pin braces.
  • 13mm hard anodized threaded shocks with locking spring perches.
  • New 32 pitch spur gear for ultimate durability
  • 3.5mm shock shafts with revised dual guide x-ring cartridge.
  • 7075 CNC machined adjustable hinge pin brace system.
  • Three high volume fluid-filled adjustable differentials.
  • Lightweight 7075 tapered center driveshafts.
  • Quick access to differentials and maintenance friendly layout.
  • Captured CVA front and rear driveshafts with heavy duty 6mm stub axles.
  • Fully ball raced reverse bellcrank steering system.
  • Uses 1/10th AE Offset Stadium Truck or Traxxas Slash Short Course offset wheels.
For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

Parts Needed to convert from EB410 to ET410

Pin Replacement Tool options

Inner Hinge Pin Inserts- Degrees of Adjustment

Upgrades:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-Mann
I agree. Just finished my build and can't bring myself to run that body. For now I am going to use my EB body.

Has anyone tried a 1/8 truggy body, like the eight T or RC8T3.1 E. I'm sure the length would need to be trimmed but they look so much better.
Not truggy but someone in FB ET410 group put 1/10 ST body. I did same with a used TLR body, just for fun.
Cain, E-Mann, rustyus and 2 others like this.
Old 08-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Saw one of these at Leisure Hours Raceway today. Set up with ST tires and I believe a 6.5T motor.... I'm sold. I want it. Looks like an absolute hoot to drive!
AJH387 and Screech like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm getting close with mine. I'm not much for fancy paint but so far it has been a great build. Hope to finish and get to the track this week. I am shocked so many people don't like the body. Looks pretty rad to me. I love it.

EbbTide, Goof, Tbuggy and 3 others like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Agreed. . almost done with mine too and love the body and ST wheels and tires. Post pics in next few days.

Your truggy looks SIK
criss2115 and AJH387 like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Got mine done....

Build went well.. really liked the little things..
Cain, rayzcar, Goof and 3 others like this.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks awesome. Love the paint fade. And I agree, just a cool, detailed build. I guess since I didn't already own a EB410, I am experiencing a lot of this for the first time. Tekno did a great job when developing this platform.
mikesd1980 likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Just got to drive mine for the first time 😎 Test run went well but too dark for video.

Only a drove it on a flat carpark so couldn’t Explore the cars limits and get a true feeling for the car, but so far though, it’s huge fun for a little truck, even on stock my esc settings it’ll happily pop the front wheels up with a squirt of full throttle, gets a bit loose off throttle and especially braking - done a few 360s by touching the brake too hard lol, get on throttle however, and it just grips and grips, and harder you turn in the faster it changes direction.

Will try to get a video tomorrow
Old 08-21-2018, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Here are some comparisons between SCT (PinPoint) and ST (Wedge) tires, both the same Z3 compound from ProLine, very similar in outer dimensions with the OD of the SCT tire at about 109mm and the OD of the ST tire around 105mm:

Both tires actually weigh the same without foams at 59g each!

The closed cell foams weigh twice as much, 16g vs only 8g for open cell foams:

The wheels were actually comparable in weight at 30g for SCT and 28g for ST:

There are many spoke wheel designs available for SCT, but I opted for heavier dish style wheels to stay in the spirit of the class
EbbTide, MaX-D and mtbwrench like this.

Last edited by billdelong; 08-22-2018 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rayzcar
SDRC is making 10.5 the motor for spec class. San Diego is becoming Tekno Town (but both AE and TLR have plenty of loyal supporters) so assuming there will probably be enough support eventually to run both an Expert and Sportsman class like the EB (which sometimes gets multiple heats per class). Though it will probably take away from the momentum that 2WD truck had. If not enough for a separate open class, they’ll probably run with the experts. Or it’s just going to be spec and open classes.

What motor/ESC combo for the 10.5 SPEC is most popular in SD? I was thinking Tekin RS Pro BE and a 10.5 R-SPEC, what do you think? I will be moving into SD county and only 15 min from SDRC. I want to start racing and this truck seems perfect as I love 4WD. I already own 3 other 1/10 4wd truck but this one is awesome, cant wait.
Also how are folks liking the new Futaba radios you guy got in?
Old 08-22-2018, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

nevermind

Last edited by billdelong; 08-22-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bif24701
What motor/ESC combo for the 10.5 SPEC is most popular in SD? I was thinking Tekin RS Pro BE and a 10.5 R-SPEC, what do you think? I will be moving into SD county and only 15 min from SDRC. I want to start racing and this truck seems perfect as I love 4WD. I already own 3 other 1/10 4wd truck but this one is awesome, cant wait.
Also how are folks liking the new Futaba radios you guy got in?
I am not sure I would run the RS Pro BE in the ET410. It may get pretty hot with any motor lower than a 13.5T and even then the ET410 weighs more than the EB410. Also I don’t think they have a 10.5T Spec R.

I would talk with Travis at SDRC and see what he recommends.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
I think the bigger question is what tracks are strictly following ROAR regulations?

TEKNO has already ignored some ROAR rules with the 1/10 4WD Truck class as it is.

In our area, the track owner has decided to allow the Trinity Punisher motor which is an "outlaw" spec motor, it's definitely the fastest spec motor on the market, but the main reason he chose to allow it is because the motor is under $80 and that helps keep the costs down for the class. There are too many spec motors that are close to double that price. If our club ever switches to a spec class, the motor of choice will definitely be the Punisher, at least that's the case already in the 17.5T and 13.5T buggy classes. For now we're starting with open mod in the 4WD truck class, that will help keep costs down by not having to spend another several hundred in lightened parts
other than the body/wing, which ones did they ignore?

i am NOT a fan of using SC wheels/tires for racing. that is what helped kill 1/10 truggy in our area about 8 years ago. at first it was all TT's and a couple of us had hobby people tempests. all was right with the world. most fun class i've ever raced. then the electric conversions for the ten-t came out. that prompted everyone to use 1/8 buggy tires. after that it became a free for all with people even using RC8Be's fitted with some sort of truggy/stadium truck body (can't remember which) and then the class quickly died in favor of 4x4 SC. IMO there are enough ST tire options that should work fine and guess what? if there aren't, everyone has to deal with it and tune with them.

KISS should always be the mantra when starting a new class.
Old 08-22-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

It's a slippery slope, if you want to allow other brands to mix in the class then my understanding is that you need to allow SCT wheels for the P4de Shapeshifter. The only reason why I want to test SCT wheels on my ET410 is because I like PinPoint's... it would be even better if they made Pyramid's which I like the best for the turf in our area, but right now ProLine only offers Prisms for the rear tires in ST and that tread is better suited for carpet than turf. Perhaps if ProLine offered all the same tread patterns for ST then I could see keeping that restriction, but you need to open up the wheel restriction simply because there are more SCT tire options to choose and that's critical for any racing class to be sustainable.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:25 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
... IMO there are enough ST tire options that should work fine and guess what? if there aren't, everyone has to deal with it and tune with them.
+1 especially on turf.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
+1 especially on turf.
so which ST tire is working at your turf track?

The PL Prisms (Z3) are good for maybe 3-4 race days before they lose their edge on my 2WD ST...
SCT PinPoints (Z3) will last 20+ race days on my 4WD SCT

These economics do not justify running ST tires on turf when given the freedom of choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.