Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree464Likes

Tekno RC ET410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2020, 09:56 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC ET410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus

Welcome to the ET410 Wiki page.

• 95% parts compatibility with the EB410 4WD 1/10th scale buggy.
  • Updated 3mm 7075 CNC chassis and revised A and B hinge pin braces.
  • 13mm hard anodized threaded shocks with locking spring perches.
  • New 32 pitch spur gear for ultimate durability
  • 3.5mm shock shafts with revised dual guide x-ring cartridge.
  • 7075 CNC machined adjustable hinge pin brace system.
  • Three high volume fluid-filled adjustable differentials.
  • Lightweight 7075 tapered center driveshafts.
  • Quick access to differentials and maintenance friendly layout.
  • Captured CVA front and rear driveshafts with heavy duty 6mm stub axles.
  • Fully ball raced reverse bellcrank steering system.
  • Uses 1/10th AE Offset Stadium Truck or Traxxas Slash Short Course offset wheels.
For you guys all discussing what power plant to run, I would take note of the following statement from Matt W.

Matt - Probably would recommend a 10.5 for something similar to 13.5 in a buggy. I personally run a 6.5 in it and it’s pretty fast. Pro4 4600 will run in it but it has a lot of power and will need to be turned down in the esc.

Parts Needed to convert from EB410 to ET410

Pin Replacement Tool options

Inner Hinge Pin Inserts- Degrees of Adjustment

Upgrades:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are the Associated cups superior compared to the Tekno ones? Cause I did the opposite in my RC8T3e. The Associated were very brittle and broke on impacts I thought should have survived. The material on the Tekno feels softer and is holding up much better. It hasn’t broken yet.
Cain likes this.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteveH
Are the Associated cups superior compared to the Tekno ones? Cause I did the opposite in my RC8T3e. The Associated were very brittle and broke on impacts I thought should have survived. The material on the Tekno feels softer and is holding up much better. It hasn’t broken yet.
The thing that happens with the tekno 1/10 rod ends is they will start to bend permanently after a while and will lead to camber changes that you didn't want. And will eventually bend too far and snap. The associated ones are much stiffer and keep the camber where it should be. They can probably break on a severe impact easier than the Tekno ones but I find their benefit to outweigh the risk.
Cain and RCSteveH like this.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:43 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbwrench
I was talking about it with a few regulars at my local track here in the midwest, and everyone seems to have immediately shunned it with the explanation of "nobody's going to get it and new classes aren't the answer". I personally think that's a bad attitude, but I've only been racing for about a year so I'm not familiar with the winter indoor season yet(which apparently is much busier).

I kind of want to get one, to show support for the potential, and just see what happens. It looks like an absolute blast to drive.
Personally I can see both arguments. however, something I think is missed is that classes that people are dropping to run this vehicle probably weren't as desired as people thought they were. You don't exactly drop your favorite class if you run multiples for something else, in general.

To me at least, it seems easy to be against something when its not something that you want.

Personally, I try to keep an open mind on these things and look for whatever improves turnouts as in general I am seeing that people who start in RC racing and like it usually end up with more than 1 vehicle to run. If this vehicle is like the whole SCT craze that seemed to pick up with the slashes get that going, its a plus in my opinion overall for the hobby, as we need more turn out in general.

Lastly, maybe what tracks need is just 1 class that is a catch class for new vehicles and / or vehicles that just don't fit into current classes. Anything that doesn't fit into a certain class you can run there. And then at periodic points, review turn out for all classes. If the catch class has significantly more turn out of that particular type than another standard class, then maybe they swap out the failing classes with the ones that are growing. Still allows vehicles that are effectively the odd balls the ability to run, while stuff that is getting the turnouts its proper place to shine.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Body?

How are the bodies holding up? On the ET48 I experienced damage on the front of the body near the shock tower and around the windshield area. Has anyone had any issues with their body yet?
Old 08-17-2018, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b
How are the bodies holding up? On the ET48 I experienced damage on the front of the body near the shock tower and around the windshield area. Has anyone had any issues with their body yet?
Ive had the same issue. it went away with using Mesh and Shoegoo.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just out of curiosity, why is everyone opting to go with stadium truck wheels and tires instead of the bigger short course tires?
Old 08-17-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MaX-D
Just out of curiosity, why is everyone opting to go with stadium truck wheels and tires instead of the bigger short course tires?
Probably just to keep rotating mass down as well as making it look a little more like the stadium trucks folks are used to. But I'd bet more on the rotating mass. It should help when using regular mod motors.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

I have SCT wheels on mine at the moment. But I have been running it on a larger outdoor track for now.

Comparison pic of the ET versus the EB

Old 08-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by losi b
Did you mean ET410?

I know there's a trick to keep extra Lexan on the ET48 around the steering links to help prevent the body from cracking at the nose, I plan to use this same strategy on the ET410 as well, but just got the kit and haven't had a chance to assemble it yet so I can't confirm if this will work or not... I'll try to post some pics later this weekend, depending on how far I get with my build.

Originally Posted by MaX-D
I think there's going to be a learning curve as folks try different things. With a wider selection of SCT tires, I'm leaning more toward that direction myself. I think track conditions might make one wheel do better than another... say for example on turf, I'm thinking the SCT wheel (particularly with a closed cell foam) might have better support and be less prone to traction roll where an ST wheel has a little more surface area of foam to fold over and get more traction which isn't necessarily what you might want to have on turf.

I've been having a heck of time with my 2WD ST with open cell inserts getting too much traction and the car has been very twitchy, I'm thinking the different tread patterns available for SCT will make the car a little more stable and easier to drive (at least I hope that will happen).

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Probably just to keep rotating mass down as well as making it look a little more like the stadium trucks folks are used to. But I'd bet more on the rotating mass. It should help when using regular mod motors.
I haven't weighed each to compare, but how much more mass are we talking about? If anything I figured SCT tires would weigh less than ST tires, but I could be wrong... I'll try to put some turf tires (ST vs SCT) on the scales this weekend to see if the difference is nominal or not
Old 08-17-2018, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billdelong
Did you mean ET410?

I know there's a trick to keep extra Lexan on the ET48 around the steering links to help prevent the body from cracking at the nose, I plan to use this same strategy on the ET410 as well, but just got the kit and haven't had a chance to assemble it yet so I can't confirm if this will work or not... I'll try to post some pics later this weekend, depending on how far I get with my build.

I think there's going to be a learning curve as folks try different things. With a wider selection of SCT tires, I'm leaning more toward that direction myself. I think track conditions might make one wheel do better than another... say for example on turf, I'm thinking the SCT wheel (particularly with a closed cell foam) might have better support and be less prone to traction roll where an ST wheel has a little more surface area of foam to fold over and get more traction which isn't necessarily what you might want to have on turf.

I've been having a heck of time with my 2WD ST with open cell inserts getting too much traction and the car has been very twitchy, I'm thinking the different tread patterns available for SCT will make the car a little more stable and easier to drive (at least I hope that will happen).

I haven't weighed each to compare, but how much more mass are we talking about? If anything I figured SCT tires would weigh less than ST tires, but I could be wrong... I'll try to put some turf tires (ST vs SCT) on the scales this weekend to if the difference is nominal or not
I really couldn't say I just imagined the SC wheels/tires would be close to 1/8 buggy wheels/tires as far as weight goes. I wont be able to get a kit for myself for quite some time so I dont gave any ST stuff to compare.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I really couldn't say I just imagined the SC wheels/tires would be close to 1/8 buggy wheels/tires as far as weight goes. I wont be able to get a kit for myself for quite some time so I dont gave any ST stuff to compare.
There's other variables to consider too... I think the Z3 compound from ProLine tends to weigh more because they are a harder compound (more mass) than other brands of tires I've tested... similar case with open cell inserts vs closed cell where I think closed cell foams have more mass as well as making them heavier.

This past weekend, one of the guys failed tech in the 13.5T class because he switched some tires out for a new set from a different brand and didn't think it would effect his weight... wrong

The trade off is run a lighter weight tire for better performance in a stock class but at the expense of faster wear making it more expensive, which is better, savings or performance?

Fortunately in our area, we're going with Mod ST for now.... probably gonna mix 2WD with 4WD until we get enough to split them up so a slightly heavier tire should be nominal for a mod class
EbbTide likes this.

Last edited by billdelong; 08-17-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billdelong
There's other variables to consider too... I think the Z3 compound from ProLine tends to weight more because they are a harder compound (more mass) than other brands of tires I've tested... similar case with open cell inserts vs closed cell where I think closed cell foams have more mass as well making them heavier.

This past weekend, one of the guys failed tech in the 13.5T class because he switched some tires out for a new set from a different brand and didn't think it would effect his weight... wrong

The trade off is run a lighter weight tire for better performance in a stock class but at the expense of faster wear making it more expensive, which is better, savings or performance?

Fortunately in our area, we're going with Mod ST for now.... probably gonna mix 2WD with 4WD until we get enough to split them up so a slightly heavier tire should be nominal for a mod class
Very true the different compounds and brands can have a big impact on the weight. If I was going to get into one of these kits though I think I would stick with the ST tires. If I had one as a basher though I'd probably go with SC wheels with some beefier tires and a stout 4-pole motor. I'd most likely be looking at the 10.5 just because I'm a glutton for spec racing lol
Old 08-17-2018, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbuggy
I have SCT wheels on mine at the moment. But I have been running it on a larger outdoor track for now.

Comparison pic of the ET versus the EB
SWEEEEET!!
Tbuggy likes this.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I'm in but hopefully people catch on that stock body is horrible
Old 08-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I agree. Just finished my build and can't bring myself to run that body. For now I am going to use my EB body.

Has anyone tried a 1/8 truggy body, like the eight T or RC8T3.1 E. I'm sure the length would need to be trimmed but they look so much better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.