Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
You can adjust all that stuff when you have the puck system and still gain performance over not having it. It makes a noticeable performance difference by shaving rotating mass that you can't replicate with esc settings.
This shaving rotating mass is effective only when you are consistent enough with your driving which result in taking out ONLY TENTHS of your lap times.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Phillip F
This shaving rotating mass is effective only when you are consistent enough with your driving which result in taking out ONLY TENTHS of your lap times.
A tenth is quite a bit sometimes
Old 09-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I've found that 95% of the time, a few lightweight pieces like pucks and cut gears don't help you finish better in the main if you have a quality rig already. That 5% exception is when there's a jump section that you can clear just because of that extra "pop" you get from the added acceleration. Tracks should be designed to avoid those scenarios, but it does happen and then everyone thinks you need all the hot parts to be competitive.
JCG1 likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

attempting to get my b6.1 FL setup converted over to carpet as much as possible with laydown trans etc. I took the laydown from my FL and put in my t6.1 - in any case I am attempting to get it all back together now properly.

My question this second is regarding the direct drive setup that seems to have came on it. My t6.1 appears to have a slipper and a diff shaft for this all together.

can anyone recommend if the direct drive is good for carpet if not what all i should buy to replace it with slipper? thanks in advance much appreciated!
Old 09-10-2019, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
I've found that 95% of the time, a few lightweight pieces like pucks and cut gears don't help you finish better in the main if you have a quality rig already. That 5% exception is when there's a jump section that you can clear just because of that extra "pop" you get from the added acceleration. Tracks should be designed to avoid those scenarios, but it does happen and then everyone thinks you need all the hot parts to be competitive.
I agree that you don't need it but sometimes like you said there is a sketchy jump or a jump right after slow corner you can make while taking the corner tighter than others and even 2 tenths every lap on a track like mine where every lap is 16 or 17 seconds, over 5 minutes thats about 3.5 second which is a lot. It also keeps motor temps down a noticeable amount. Like any upgrade part it won't make you a consistent racer but it will make your car faster even if its only a little bit. All I suggested is that if you're going to pick one, why not pick the factory lite for $10 more when it will be more optimized for 17.5 than the D.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Di_spencer
I agree that you don't need it but sometimes like you said there is a sketchy jump or a jump right after slow corner you can make while taking the corner tighter than others and even 2 tenths every lap on a track like mine where every lap is 16 or 17 seconds, over 5 minutes thats about 3.5 second which is a lot. It also keeps motor temps down a noticeable amount. Like any upgrade part it won't make you a consistent racer but it will make your car faster even if its only a little bit. All I suggested is that if you're going to pick one, why not pick the factory lite for $10 more when it will be more optimized for 17.5 than the D.

So why did the national champ choose to use a slipper and cva's in 17.5 buggy, on a track where everyone ran slicks? There must be a reason, right?

My point is direct drive and pucks aren't always superior in 17.5 buggy. Dreighton's car was more than sufficient to win nats, without worrying about rotating mass etc.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy
Dreighton didn't use pucks or an eliminator.

There are also drawbacks to using either of those items.
Dreighton and Galen mccrearty both never run pucks. I think they were the only ones in the A main at nats that didn't. Nor do I. The light weight helps acceleration sure, but the pucks plastic on aluminum doesn't create traction like steel on steel of the regular parts.

I tried pucks for a while and just couldn't lay down the power. Switched back to steel parts and went a few tenths faster. Both on my TLR 4.0 and my B6.1.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
Dreighton and Galen mccrearty both never run pucks. I think they were the only ones in the A main at nats that didn't. Nor do I. The light weight helps acceleration sure, but the pucks plastic on aluminum doesn't create traction like steel on steel of the regular parts.

I tried pucks for a while and just couldn't lay down the power. Switched back to steel parts and went a few tenths faster. Both on my TLR 4.0 and my B6.1.
Exactly. It's easier to get on the throttle with cva's.
Alexv2024 likes this.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh and no it wasn't the added weight of the steel parts giving more rear traction. I added a 25 or 30g rear weight under the trans on my 4.0 to test that, and it helped but still wasn't the same as the steel parts.

But yeah keep running the pucks they are awesome. haha
Old 09-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Alexv2024
Oh and no it wasn't the added weight of the steel parts giving more rear traction. I added a 25 or 30g rear weight under the trans on my 4.0 to test that, and it helped but still wasn't the same as the steel parts.

But yeah keep running the pucks they are awesome. haha
Right, Its the mechanical bind the steel on steel has when loaded up that creates the traction, it's like forcing the tires into the ground. You could also think of it as stiffening up the suspension at the exact point the weight is shifted back on the rear tires.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I don't think it's made anymore, but the MIP Bi-metal diff is a good way to reduce rotating weight while retaining the steel CVD's. They are still in stock in some places if you look around. Combine that with a Schelle/AVID slipper setup and you can retain both benefits with a good rotating weight reduction. Not sure what there is to do once you wear out the outdrives..
Old 09-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I don't think it's made anymore, but the MIP Bi-metal diff is a good way to reduce rotating weight while retaining the steel CVD's. They are still in stock in some places if you look around. Combine that with a Schelle/AVID slipper setup and you can retain both benefits with a good rotating weight reduction. Not sure what there is to do once you wear out the outdrives..
Shhh... I've been hoarding a bunch of these!
Davidka likes this.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Back when matty g was driving the b6.1 he would use the steel outdrives and the aluminum pinned bones from MOD. Always one of, if not the fastest buggy on the track for the stock class and many times competitive with the mod drivers. With the current strength of stock motors and lipo batterys I think the need for the lightest possible drivetrain isn't what it used to be. A few years ago when motors were weaker the pucks made a massive difference, now it can almost be omitted if you run good bearings and strong electronics.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default B64/74 rear arms

I don't remember seeing the final answer to why these are put on the B6.1
And what additional changes/parts are needed
Old 09-13-2019, 09:27 AM
Tech Regular

Am I the only one that hates all the new 2wd bodies? I wish there was a cab rearward body available that also didn't look like someone stepped on the body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.