Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
Is it a full size or LCG? I've seen a lot of people running the LCGs now, not sure if it really changes handling... obviously we want the mass as low as possible, but not sure in real world if it matters
Full size. I run mostly on dirt, which I believe favors a slightly higher CG. Probably should try LCG, but too cheap to do so until my current batteries die.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cadillac
i need some gearing help please. background: im driving a b6.1 fl on a med/large indoor clay track with med/high bite. sdrc raceway in socal.

i just ordered the x-factor 5% 17.5 and a 21.5 monster max. can someone please help with a gearing starting point on these motors. lots of s-plus guys at my track but not too many trinity.
I'm running this motor at ocrc. I liked it at 52 degrees of timing and geared 75/26. Was able to clear the triple in front of the drivers stand the entire 7 minute main.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I ended up with 72//24 on the x-factor 51 deg timing, the track at OCRC doesn't have much of a straight right now, it actually has too much power and punch with the protek 120C packs and this gearing, much faster than the old monster max motor, at 26/72, 51 deg timing we did several drag races with my son who's a top expert, just in front of our house, and I just smoked him every time, just for fun I turned up the boost on his car ended up going up to 3 on boost to keep up with the X-factor with 0 timing!
Old 07-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm new to racing, and I'm trying to get the most from my suspension setup. This includes trying things that I know are wrong, just to see what they do. What I'm trying to figure out is the difference between adjusting anti-squat at the C Block versus the D block. According to the chart, moving the hinge pin up in the C Block 1 degree is the same a moving the D Block down 1 degree. So why choose one over the other?

My only thought is it would have a minor effect on the CG in the rear.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by estill
I'm new to racing, and I'm trying to get the most from my suspension setup. This includes trying things that I know are wrong, just to see what they do. What I'm trying to figure out is the difference between adjusting anti-squat at the C Block versus the D block. According to the chart, moving the hinge pin up in the C Block 1 degree is the same a moving the D Block down 1 degree. So why choose one over the other?

My only thought is it would have a minor effect on the CG in the rear.
You will have the same anti-squat but moving the d block down will lower the roll centre, raising the c block with slightly raise the roll centre.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 4wd fronts on b6.1? help

so we are running and outdoor loose dirt series and i see other guys not associated cars running 4wd fronts on their 2wd cars, and they are wider than the 2wd rib fronts we are running. So i came home and had some 4wd fronts from last season and put them on my sons b6.1d to see how they work. Well they fit but hit the tierod end when only turning about half as far as they can turn with his standard 2wd fronts on, can this be stopped, how the heck are the other guys running these without loosing tons of steering. Any help would be appreciated if anyone is running these on there cars.

thanks in advance
Old 07-15-2019, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by awidz
so we are running and outdoor loose dirt series and i see other guys not associated cars running 4wd fronts on their 2wd cars, and they are wider than the 2wd rib fronts we are running. So i came home and had some 4wd fronts from last season and put them on my sons b6.1d to see how they work. Well they fit but hit the tierod end when only turning about half as far as they can turn with his standard 2wd fronts on, can this be stopped, how the heck are the other guys running these without loosing tons of steering. Any help would be appreciated if anyone is running these on there cars.

thanks in advance
Are you using a 4wd wheel as well? When I run 4wd front tires on my 2wd, I still glue them up to the standard 2wd front wheel. Is it the wheel that is preventing steering travel or the tire?

4wd front tires tend to be my favorite on blown out tracks with lots of pot holes, cracks, and hard ledges. The extra 'pooch' in the sidewall from running them on narrow wheels makes them less prone to catch an edge and spin the car out, but they do feel a bit less precise on hard packed/smooth sections of the track.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Are you using a 4wd wheel as well? When I run 4wd front tires on my 2wd, I still glue them up to the standard 2wd front wheel. Is it the wheel that is preventing steering travel or the tire?

4wd front tires tend to be my favorite on blown out tracks with lots of pot holes, cracks, and hard ledges. The extra 'pooch' in the sidewall from running them on narrow wheels makes them less prone to catch an edge and spin the car out, but they do feel a bit less precise on hard packed/smooth sections of the track.

yes they are on 4wd front wheels, when i looked at the other guys, yokamo car his tires where so much wider, is it that way even on 2wd wheels? Yes the wheel is hitting the turnbuckle ends when turning each direction on the 4wd mounted tires on 4wd wheels i have from last season we ran 4wd outside with his b64

and if mounting 4wd tires to 2wd wheels do i still use the 4wd foams the tires come with?
thanks for the help
Old 07-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by awidz
yes they are on 4wd front wheels, when i looked at the other guys, yokamo car his tires where so much wider, is it that way even on 2wd wheels? Yes the wheel is hitting the turnbuckle ends when turning each direction on the 4wd mounted tires on 4wd wheels i have from last season we ran 4wd outside with his b64
thanks for the help
Yeah, they still hold their wide shape on a 2wd wheel. You'll need to glue them on a 2wd wheel to work on your B6 as 4wd wheels have a different offset (distance from the mounting hex to the outside of the wheel) and that is creating the steering issue you've experienced. Also, you'll want to use an open cell foam if you glue up a set of 4wd tires on 2wd wheels.
Chris Brown likes this.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray_munday
Hi mate, I have a setup for layback on dirt here. Flats help a little but if you have gulls the setup will still transfer ok.

Hope this helps!

Ray
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...ckSetup201906/
Thanks so much Ray and BugleBoy10. I'm going to try out the layback with some brass in the back and see how that goes!
ray_munday and BugleBoy10 like this.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BugleBoy10
They do spin a tad more easily than they did on my 5M with a slipper, but there seems to be traction now that I got some weight in the back. I think the punch is dialed down a little, and I have been working on my trigger-happy finger, but I don't think I'm the only one. Based on comments I've seen in this thread, 17.5 stock is fine for direct drive but don't even try it on mod.

edit: Looking at your profile, if you're the Phil I think you are, we have raced together at HRH a couple of times. I had the Batman B5M, and you beat me both times.
yep that's me. Try running a slipper instead of a direct drive. You can get on the throttle more coming out of corners.... and faster.
jpcopeland1 and BugleBoy10 like this.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

i just got a b6.1 ordered, should be here no later than saturday. I also recently bought and built a t6.1 so ill have a t6.1 and now a b6.1 factory lite

yayyy the addiction is REAL
Old 07-25-2019, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vegas7o2
i just got a b6.1 ordered, should be here no later than saturday. I also recently bought and built a t6.1 so ill have a t6.1 and now a b6.1 factory lite

yayyy the addiction is REAL
Addicted...With the high traction carpet at 702 Raceway, I would think you should have gone with a B6.1 Team Kit which has a gear diff. I never could get a ball diff to hold up on a carpet track.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

I bought a gear diff for the t6.1 as I will for this , one of my glocks i lowered 10$ and got a bite should sell quickly tomorrow and i can invest to RC instead of Track & Field :P

the deal with the b6.1 i got was someone had it offered for sale on a site for much more than $220 and thats all I could offer him for the time being. He actually paid $40 in shipping with ups to send it out yesterday afternoon. Hoping it comes today but likely it will be saturday. (only one state away)

can you suggest any tires for driving this and or the t6.1 in some low cut grass parks. going to start there with my son so he can get the feel of steering a vehicle and liking it hopefully a sliver of how much i do he will be all about it. need to find somethings for him to get on besides video games :P

thinking about picking up this tekin rsx for the next esc especially since i have a hotwire now
Old 07-28-2019, 02:09 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Have there been any rumors of a B6.2 or B7 to be released later this year or early next? I'll be in the market for a new 2WD in fall/winter and not biased towards one specific brand. So far my hotlist includes the new Yokomo, the upcoming Xray '20 and possibly the HB Racing D2xx. As I enjoyed all my recent AE kits, I would not mind adding another one to the list, but not another B6.1.
Edit: The box of the CAL3 on the shelf of Arena 33 was just too hard to resist...
Slashripper likes this.

Last edited by mes; 08-09-2019 at 05:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.