Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE_Stig
A fan will only fit in the normal spot if you run the lockout. A fan will still fit in other places. If fan mounting position is the biggest worry, I think this is a winner.
My only issue is that I don’t always like the lockout. Ambient temp in the summer is well over 100. Better safe than sorry.
AE_Stig likes this.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
My only issue is that I don’t always like the lockout. Ambient temp in the summer is well over 100. Better safe than sorry.
Might have to wait until we're sure about exactly where the holes/waterfall will look like if you're planning to run the layback, but there are some 3d printed waterfall/fan mounts out there that should fit the bill.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UQ...-brace-laydown

It would be nice to see AE make a proper molded part like this, but the aftermarket will surely have us covered either way.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b1narych0ice
It would be nice to see AE make a proper molded part like this, but the aftermarket will surely have us covered either way.
This needs to happen. Even TLR has a little mount for the fan. I have no desire to buy a 3D printed waterfall
Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
This needs to happen. Even TLR has a little mount for the fan. I have no desire to buy a 3D printed waterfall
If you have a better idea for how to mount the fan without using a slipper eliminator, I'm all ears. I haven't had great luck with 3d printed stuff in the past either, but if my choices are between the 3d printed mount and running no fan at all... I'll be using the 3d print.

The fan mount on the TLR car works very well, just one screw to be able to slide the fan/mount up and out. I just don't think there's room for a similar setup on the 6.1.

It's possible that the Exotek fan mount (band around the motor) might be able to do the job, but I have never liked how close it comes to bridging the A/B/C pads on the motor.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So what is the consensus on a b6 body fitting on the B6.1? I seen the video where Rivkin was using a b6 body but on associated's website it lists the B6.1 body as a new part number.
I need to have some new bodies painted and want to have one on hand for the new car if possible.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

From posts I've seen, the b6 body will fit with extremely minor trimming, mostly due to the shorter chassis/new gearbox.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Havent had the chance of driving much last year, so I want to start with a new build an car.
I have a B6D with pretty upgrades and want to transfer them
> alum steering --> seems ok
> ti-turnbuckles --> ok
> Brass C/D --> wont work
> 3G, 4G and Laydown --> dunno?
> VRP Shock Towers --> maybe?

I started looking up if these parts transfer to the B6.1D, but I am not sure. Can anyone verify or correct me?
Thanks guys!

Edit: HEY KRIOSTASIS!
Old 03-02-2018, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by man1ac
Havent had the chance of driving much last year, so I want to start with a new build an car.
> ti-turnbuckles --> ok

I started looking up if these parts transfer to the B6.1D, but I am not sure. Can anyone verify or correct me?
Thanks guys!

Hey!

Steering and turnbuckles should be good.

I thought I saw the D block was the same. C is for sure different.

The 3 gear and 4 gear stand-up from the B6 will fit the 6.1, but you need to use the B6 towers, top shaft, ball stud mount, and maybe a few other odds and ends that would already be on your B6D.

Not sure if the front bolt pattern changed for the shock tower. Rear tower would still work if you used the B6 standup transmission.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We race outdoors in the summer here.. track is hard packed and not always blown off.. Should i stick with the b6d or will the new car generate the required traction for outdoor racing when it isnt high traction?
Old 03-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

> ti-turnbuckles --> ok

Thanks guys!

From what i know, you can transfer everything except laydown and brass c, will see if some drilling make it fit
Old 03-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Krio
Hey!

Steering and turnbuckles should be good.

I thought I saw the D block was the same. C is for sure different.

The 3 gear and 4 gear stand-up from the B6 will fit the 6.1, but you need to use the B6 towers, top shaft, ball stud mount, and maybe a few other odds and ends that would already be on your B6D.

Not sure if the front bolt pattern changed for the shock tower. Rear tower would still work if you used the B6 standup transmission.
SO the 3G and 4G will only fit if I use my B6 shock towers?! (Especially for the front that doenst make sense? )
Old 03-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

SO the 3G and 4G will only fit if I use my B6 shock towers?! (Especially for the front that doenst make sense? )
The 3G and 4G you currently have for your B6 will bolt onto the B6.1. That includes the towers attached to them and the rear ball stud mount. Your B6 rear towers will not fit on any of the new transmissions that come in the B6.1. Clear as mud?
HeavyD99 likes this.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:13 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sf1752
We race outdoors in the summer here.. track is hard packed and not always blown off.. Should i stick with the b6d or will the new car generate the required traction for outdoor racing when it isnt high traction?
I think this question matches one in the Australian Ask Ray Munday thread:

Originally Posted by ray_munday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raulote
Hi Randy, I know it is really soon to have a robust opinion, but based on what we already know about the new B6.1D, what´s your opinion for loose dirt Australian tracks?.

From my point of view, the car just out of the box, the B6D is a better option than a B6.1D. Maybe when a standard trans is released,it will be a better option, but for now the layback trans is not the bestone for outdoor loose dirt tracks.

Hi mate,

From what I understand, a new standup transmission will be shown shortly (option) and the existing gearboxes will still fit.

The 6.1D comes with the shorter chassis, longer rear shocks, machined pistons, +1mm ackerman and 67mm rear bones standard, so with the relatively cheap option of a standup transmission I think it will actually be better out of the box than the 6D. There are several tracks Ive been to where the laydown is good but just needs a little more weight on the rear, in these cases the layback may be perfect. I cant wait to test it out on the track!

Ray
Old 03-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
I think this question matches one in the Australian Ask Ray Munday thread:
Originally Posted by Sf1752
The question has been asked a lot but its easy to get lost in forums. I believe the 6.1 with the new option standup (which allows shocks forward) and brass c will be a great proposition outdoors. The layback should also help in conditions that are grooved but not quite ready for laydown.

I have a Facebook page dedicated to outdoor setup help as well, feel free to ask any questions there as well.

As soon as i get one outdoors Ill post feedback!

https://www.facebook.com/AskRayMundayRC/
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...96568894020064
Old 03-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Will the new B6.1 laydown tranny work in the B6?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.