Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree404Likes

Yokomo YZ-4 SF

Hide Wikipost
Old 02-06-2018, 06:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-4 SF
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DG Designs

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

what is the difference between these two Ti screw kits?

https://teamyokomo.com/parts/S4-TSS

https://teamyokomo.com/parts/RP-087

Both titanium, one is "standard" Yokomo Ti and the other is RP Ti... but the price difference is miles apart..

5,680 YEN versus 16,000 YEN respectively?

did the RP version come out of a Unicorns ** and polished by the tears of a forgotten angel?
Pekr.da.skurl likes this.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norse
Very durable and to negate dealing with front a arm breaks get the YZ4 +1 front flat or gullwing (personal preference on flat or gull). a arms, as they are insanely durable. Front inner hinge pins will have some exposure, hence not a huge deal and if u would like you can cover with wishbone tube/spacers etc.
I am not sure if the gull wing tower works on the sf ... did you use the stock sf tower with the gull arms ? I guess it would just reduce a couple mm of droop ...
https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...4-017g/p474559
Old 01-16-2018, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shadows
what is the difference between these two Ti screw kits?

https://teamyokomo.com/parts/S4-TSS

https://teamyokomo.com/parts/RP-087

Both titanium, one is "standard" Yokomo Ti and the other is RP Ti... but the price difference is miles apart..

5,680 YEN versus 16,000 YEN respectively?

did the RP version come out of a Unicorns ** and polished by the tears of a forgotten angel?
The Racing Performer screws are machined. They are really nice, but quite expensive.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rhodopsine
The Racing Performer screws are machined. They are really nice, but quite expensive.
Thankyou. And baby Jesus wept.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shadows
Thankyou. And baby Jesus wept.
On the bright side, they seem to be made out of a much harder titanium alloy. I use them on my on road cars as they are very true and can help with parts alignment. I have had in the past some problems with some generic titanium screws where the head of a countersunk screw was off and it gave me headaches trying to get my bulkheads right. Not sure I’d use them on off-road, though, and especially not on the bottom as I’d hate to see them wear out because of the chassis hitting the ground!

Martin Paradis
Old 01-16-2018, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carpetburner
I am not sure if the gull wing tower works on the sf ... did you use the stock sf tower with the gull arms ? I guess it would just reduce a couple mm of droop ...
https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...4-017g/p474559
Using the YZ4 (belt) +1 flat or +1 gullwing a arms works well. Standard SF front shocktower is fine.
Old 01-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX
Do you happen to know what the part number is on the +1 arms? Also do you need different dog bones with those arms?

Using the plus 1 front YZ4 a arms do not require different front universals. If you notice your bones are close to popping out of the out drives at full droop, shim the axles thus between the inner hub bearing.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Can anyone post some pics of their centered servo and horn without trims. I can't seem to get mine right and wanted to see how others looked. Not sure of I have a problem with my servo, steering link, or toe links but I can't seem to get to steer properly.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Did you try offsetting the horn slightly to the left wheel side? May need to in order to get proper throw both ways.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stuffandthat
Can anyone post some pics of their centered servo and horn without trims. I can't seem to get mine right and wanted to see how others looked. Not sure of I have a problem with my servo, steering link, or toe links but I can't seem to get to steer properly.

All ball links are in their default location. 17mm servo arm.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Did you try offsetting the horn slightly to the left wheel side? May need to in order to get proper throw both ways.
I think there's my problem, I've set it to the right side.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by archivist

All ball links are in their default location. 17mm servo arm.
Thanks heaps. How did you get the horn dead center? Mine is sitting off a little to the right wheel.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stuffandthat
Thanks heaps. How did you get the horn dead center? Mine is sitting off a little to the right wheel.
No worries. I didn't have to do anything special this time to get the horn to be 90 degrees to the chassis. Usually I have to apply some sub-trim to get things perfected, but not in this case.

I'm curious: I thought you wanted the horn at 90. Wouldn't sub-trimming it to 90 be better than offsetting it, or is that old-school thinking?
Old 01-19-2018, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by archivist
No worries. I didn't have to do anything special this time to get the horn to be 90 degrees to the chassis. Usually I have to apply some sub-trim to get things perfected, but not in this case.

I'm curious: I thought you wanted the horn at 90. Wouldn't sub-trimming it to 90 be better than offsetting it, or is that old-school thinking?
I set it off center by accident. I did it the same as I did my TLR buggies and they call for off center. I'll reposition the horn and then sub-trim the horn to 90.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

If i upgrade the arms to the more durable plus one arms do i need to get the following parts as well?

YZ-4 +1 arms flat YOKZ4-008F1

L5 rear arms (YOKZ4-008RL5)
rear suspension mounts (YOKZ4-300LRF, YOKZ4-300LRR)

Do I need to get different drive axels too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.