Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mcgee
13.5 Rubber

1st Robert
2nd Frederico
4th Jim McGee

1/12 Scale

1st Jim McGee
4th Rich
5th Steve
Well congratulations to all who went down and represented the CORRC club!!

Looks like you did REALLY WELL!!
Old 02-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Who's looking at going to the Magic City Carpet Race March 12 - 14th??

I'm trying to decide on making the race this year or going to the BRL Oval Finals at Trackside. It just happens to be the same weekend.

Not like I would win anything at either race, just options.

Well maybe a door prize!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Adam/Syndrome-No Live R/C yesterday? Is it my connection/machine?

+ + +
Old 02-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grenade10

I'm trying to decide on making the race this year or going to the BRL Oval Finals at Trackside. It just happens to be the same weekend.

I'm going
Rich, Ryan and maybe Dave H
Old 02-15-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
Adam/Syndrome-No Live R/C yesterday? Is it my connection/machine?
Nope, this was a problem on our end. I've got a new network card to install in the scoring machine that should give it a more solid connection, this has been a problem with its existing card, I think the 2.4ghz noise from the radios (wifi operates in this spectrum also) gives it fits. Also, we need one of the guys with a wireless card (Keith, Ryan, myelf) to be there in order to have internet available. And last, I need to teach a few other guys how to get LiveRC going on race days, only Art and I know at the moment, and it's a little bit more involved than just enabling it in Scoring Pro. I put some detailed instructions on the desktop of the machine, but I should probably walk through it with a few other guys so we're covered all nights.

My apologies for the slow start, we're working out the bugs, but it should be pretty solid here in the near future.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Nope, this was a problem on our end. I've got a new network card to install in the scoring machine that should give it a more solid connection, this has been a problem with its existing card, I think the 2.4ghz noise from the radios (wifi operates in this spectrum also) gives it fits. Also, we need one of the guys with a wireless card (Keith, Ryan, myelf) to be there in order to have internet available. And last, I need to teach a few other guys how to get LiveRC going on race days, only Art and I know at the moment, and it's a little bit more involved than just enabling it in Scoring Pro. I put some detailed instructions on the desktop of the machine, but I should probably walk through it with a few other guys so we're covered all nights.

My apologies for the slow start, we're working out the bugs, but it should be pretty solid here in the near future.
No Need for apologies, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't on my end? I'm sure you'll get it worked out.......
Old 02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

i am planning on making the montana race, weather permitting.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by al dente
i am planning on making the montana race, weather permitting.
I forgot about the 50amp service for the motor home.....

How was big car racing this weekend??
Old 02-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10

Montana you only need to get Wyoming out of the way. Trackside you've got a few states to conquer.

Come on up!!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Red Machine put it down in the main lol! Think I might have a bit of something for you blue boys. Just a bit more work and it will be even easier to drive. Shooting to show for the April race but no guarantees yet.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

hey, Gitsum hope you can make some cause, I want some
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bdbachus
Post from RRacerRuss1

1st-I'm not sure I would imagine it's very similar to the "club" turnout. If you remember right I'm the guy you took out sunday before last, at the start of the main (green 'cuda).
Know who you are..don't recall that, sorry.

2nd-I was there too, and a few Corrc members showed for the E-Plex regionals(race in November) I've seen John and Dan. In the past 6 or 8 weeks Myself and Chris have been there at least 6 or 8 times, for Oval and Road racing.
I was planning on showing up, until I heard I needed to bring my own pit/electricity. So that's 2 people from Ft. Collins?

Whats your point anyway?
If you recall, I was mearly asking as I was unsure. Not trying to make any specific points. But I'm sure you could gather one..

As a new person to the local scene you can plainly recognize that onroad/oval carpet racing in general is on the down swing.
My point was obvious (with the 30 or 40 carpet racers in our state why would your "club" do something like this on a BIG race weekend?)
I think we already resolved this issue about the timing of Jim's post.

You posted about how "we should support each other." I was wondering how much support we had recieved from you guys...with a track double the size, and a Sunday race time that would allow you guys to be home way before 2am, I would expect to see more "support."
Thanks for the quick response!

#1-I'm sure you are+++

#2-There is plenty of pit's and plenty of electricity.
I was unaware of the quiz, this past Friday John and Nick were there as well myself and 2 others. Now I didn't race (but came prepared too) No I assissted a new guy so does that count as 4 or 5, or is it only 3 because the guy was new?++++

#3-I hope your question was/is answered. So many ways to go with your second point/non point I'll leave it alone for now........

#4-I still think it was crappy, but should have expected it. I've known Jim for years and I'm sure it will not hurt our friendship.

#5 comment-referencing the fact that the local (Colorado) carpet tracks, should support one and other. If there is to be a count let's try this count.
Fort Collins population as of '08-136,509
Denver population as of '08-598,707 (does not include surrounding areas such as Aurora, Littleton, Lakewood etc..)
It appears to me that FC has 1/4 the people so please take that into account when you are counting.

+++ Have a nice day and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate +++
Today 02:23 PM
I dont think you guys understand how this kind of bs makes us as a club look, if i was looking for a place to race and came across this kind of stuff i would think corrc is full of babys and whiners and look for some place else.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

I for sure here your points RacerRUSS as you are the man that has seen more tracks come and go. Time to come together as a state of united R/C FUN FOR ALL!!! NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST. or we will all end up playing with flying lawn mowers that chop you up or evan worse a stupid plane that takes off great but blows up when you try to land it. LOVE THY NEIGHBOR ,OR WE WILL ALL BE PLAYING WITH OUR SELF???
Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I forgot to give props to the guys for their performance in new mexico nice job to all of you...
Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler
I for sure here your points RacerRUSS as you are the man that has seen more tracks come and go. Time to come together as a state of united R/C FUN FOR ALL!!! NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST. or we will all end up playing with flying lawn mowers that chop you up or evan worse a stupid plane that takes off great but blows up when you try to land it. LOVE THY NEIGHBOR ,OR WE WILL ALL BE PLAYING WITH OUR SELF???
I'm glad that someone understands where I'm coming from

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.