Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adam?
It sounds like we're going to end up with two rubber classes, 13.5 and 17.5. I get the impression the guys currently doing well in 13.5 will stay there, and leave 17.5 for those that are struggling with the speed.

The rubber sedan class has been popular enough that it can probably support that, at least on Sundays. If you find yourself dominating in 17.5, it might be time to move up. :-)
im not a fan of 17.5. i'll race whatever. i don't dominate in racing. i just try to have fun and hang out with friends. ill put my slow LRP 13.5 in my new xray 008.5....sorry xray 009 EU.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SlamMan
Long time, no post!

Anyone going to be at the track tonight? I was thinking about coming to check out the new diggs.
I moved here just to meet you and then you bailed! :-D

I think Art is going to be there tonight.

Paul,

To me, it just sounds like the chance to give the guys uncomfortable with 13.5 a choice to do a slower class. I too plan to continue with 13.5, as do many others. I'm usually not a big fan of splitting up classes, but there are definitely guys struggling with the speed. If they want to split off into a slower class, that seems reasonable to me.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Adam,

its all good.

it has to be done sometimes. you have to work your way up.

you cant always hit the ground running. sometimes you trip and fall on your face.

I've missed out. not being able to run the last few weeks.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what up Mike? Glad to have you back on the boards. now you need to bust out all that old rc stuff and compete (you did keep it all, right?).

the new boards are far and away the better then the blue breaker boards, so hopefully that will get you interested. i know the wood boards had a tendancy to drive people away.

Hope you can make some races this winter!

the track is great, people are great, and the racing is great. except for art. he will punt you given the chance.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Paul Ohlsen
Adam,

its all good.

it has to be done sometimes. you have to work your way up.

you cant always hit the ground running. sometimes you trip and fall on your face.

I've missed out. not being able to run the last few weeks.
On the last layout, I ran a 17.5 in the 13.5 class and was faster with it every single time. :-D So I hear ya there.

I think both classes are a lot of fun. I ran them both in Vegas and felt a LOT more comfortable in 17.5 than 13.5. I enjoyed the racing a lot more, too.

It seems like a lot of us (myself included) feel like we should always be going faster, otherwise you're less of a racer. But personally, I think the slower classes require you to drive better, because mistakes hurt you more, and you can't as easily power your way out of a blown turn.

Anyway, at just about any big race, 17.5 is going to be a requisite skill. Art's going to run it at Snowbirds. We ran it in Vegas. ROAR nats? Yep.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

i ran brushed stock at this years carpet nats.

i liked racing 19t out side 2 years ago and 10.5 this summer.

Last edited by Paul Ohlsen; 12-23-2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: more to say
Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I moved here just to meet you and then you bailed! :-D
LOL, why do you think I bailed? :P What happened to your old screen name? You finally get banned?

I still have all my stuff, Steve. In fact it's all pretty much where I left it, taking up all the space on the bench in my garage.

I'll hopefully be racing some time soon but I'll probably come by and check out the track tonight. I'll see if I can get some of my crap together by next week.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

LOL, why do you think I bailed? :P What happened to your old screen name? You finally get banned?

I still have all my stuff, Steve. In fact it's all pretty much where I left it, taking up all the space on the bench in my garage.

I'll hopefully be racing some time soon but I'll probably come by and check out the track tonight. I'll see if I can get some of my crap together by next week.
Nah, not banned, just hated out of existence. The alter ego generally only comes out on holidays and special occasions. :-(

Come on out, racing has been great lately. 13.5 rubber is where it's at.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Come by on Sunday as it should be a good day of racing. If you need, I should have some pit space open at my table if you need. It has VERY GOOD LIGHTING!!!

Glad to have you back.

Mark
Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

great to see you post mike, cant wait to twist up the lexan I new 17.5 would get some attn. THE SLOWER YOU GO, THE LESS IT COSTS , THE MORE FUN YOU WILL HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nah, not banned, just hated out of existence. The alter ego generally only comes out on holidays and special occasions. :-(

Come on out, racing has been great lately. 13.5 rubber is where it's at.
I stopped by the track tonight. Killer setup. Not sure if I can make it by this Sunday but I should be able to next week.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone running a Tekin RS speedo? The R1 was basically a very expensive paper weight but the RS looks like it could be what the R1 promised to be. On paper at least.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Anyone running a Tekin RS speedo? The R1 was basically a very expensive paper weight but the RS looks like it could be what the R1 promised to be. On paper at least.
LRP TC is your best bet. The Tekin has some cool features, but honestly it does not seem to perform as well as the LRP.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Save yourself the headache and just get a LRP TC you will thank me later...
Old 12-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

I might have an RS for sale! :d

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.