Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I guess I don't see avoiding a 180 at the end of the long straight as a compromise so much as just proper track design. I see what you're saying, though. It actually takes a lot of skill and patience and time to realize that driving hard until the very end of a turn isn't always the right decision, especially in low traction. I'd say a majority of guys do it. Also, the track is SO large, it's sometimes hard to gauge where you should start lifting, so people are often blowing that turn, 'cause by the time you see it, it's too late.
Yeah, the depth perception when the turn is WAY over yonder is a challenge. I had problems on the CORRCC carpet track with the 120' straight. It was either turn in too early (damn nearly took Mario out at the scoring table when I pinwheeled my 3.2R) or too late and add 20' to the lap length buzzing the scoring table. Distances are hard to judge at those distances...especially as our eyes get weaker (and bellies exert more gravitational pull...).
Old 06-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Might as well ban one-ways while your at it..
Old 06-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

in my opinion, the 180 off is the hardest thing to negotiate on any track. the very best drivers will most likly not be offended is there is not one there. i would have to think that it would actually be welcomed by them, as it makes their runs cleaner as well.

a car that shorts the 180 off will usually be caring only enough speed to be pushed back into the line of traffic, where it ill either be plowed, or cause drivers to check up and be plowed themselves. where as a car that shorts a sweeper will be ejected to (or over) the outer board (as scott has proven ), and leave only a trail of parts for other drivers to deal with.

scott, as much as your opinion is respected, i do not feel that you will have many supporters on this issue, with a track that size. on an 80 ft. strait, i see your point, but at 200 ft........ not so much.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by al dente
where as a car that shorts a sweeper will be ejected to (or over) the outer board (as scott has proven ), and leave only a trail of parts for other drivers to deal with.
Actually the layout I was on had a "hard"-ish 180 at the end of the straight...the sweeper (and MAN what a sweeper it was--FULL THROTTLE) led onto the straight so you had beaucoup speed at the end of that baby.

And I was considerate--all parts "removed" from my car were conveniently distributed under your chair (supposedly WELL off the racing line, though I began to doubt...) where I retreived them after I finished (2nd) my heat.

But yeah, as I think I began to indicate in my reply to Syndrome, the depth perception definitely presents a challenge on enormigous tracks like yours so I recant my admonition. Race on.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

all in good fun.

hey, are you guys going to try and make it down for a race this winter?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

all in good fun.

hey, are you guys going to try and make it down for a race this winter?
I definitely am planning to do so--so the sooner we know the dates for your 2-day (and the less that moves around ) the better. I can't speak for anybody else (all my racin' buds seem to have real jobs with limits on vacation time, etc) but I'd imagine I could coax another victim or two along.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

atta boy. we will be working to figure out a schedule as soon as possible.

first we need to find a place to race. we are having second thoughts about the last location, strictly for financial and logistical reasons.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

atta boy. we will be working to figure out a schedule as soon as possible.

first we need to find a place to race. we are having second thoughts about the last location, strictly for financial and logistical reasons.
I was actually wondering what the thought was for a place to race this winter!

I know we have just really started our pavement racing, I'm lookin forward to some carpet time. I'd have to say the Vintage Trans-Am group is having fun chassing Mr. Starns.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have been wondering when someone would mention this winter. So where do you guys think you will be racing? I know you have used the fairgrounds in the past. Which really would work great for me being on this end of town, but not so much for you guys up north.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No more fairgrounds?

I know in other parts of the country, people have worked out deals to lease out basements of churches or other buildings to use for their track. I'm not sure where to look for those sorts of deals, though.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

I am hoping for Arapahoe County fairgrounds, but if someone knows of something more centrally located or cheaper, I am all for that too. I am looking forward to the winter carpet season.

Mike S
Old 06-06-2008, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Default 6/22/08 Track Layout

My thoughts are to minimize 180's/hairpins on layouts. I prefer a carousel or keyhole at the end of a straight, short or long? Brent did some nice layouts I like the #4 or #5 but 5 180's Also #6 looks like it has alot of potential much fewer 180's and a little adjustment to the entry of the straight (kink). Also we need to keep the high powered Nitro cars in mind As long as we can maintain a 15' lane width any layout should be fine.
With the fact that we use IFMAR starts this should break up the field to alleviate first turn crashes Until the mains
If this is the method we are going to use to vote, I vote for the Vegas spring track (no porkchop/kink) or the #6 layout from Brent
Old 06-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It seems from the comments so far the Las Vegas track is popular so hears a pseudo version of the Las Vegas track Mark posted fit to our track size. I hope I got the track width correct.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CORRC Track LV.pdf (14.1 KB, 236 views)
Old 06-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RRacerRuss1
As long as we can maintain a 15' lane width
Now I KNOW you guys are yankin' my chain...right?
Old 06-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

OK I am pretty sure this is going to piss people off, but oh well here goes.

I think that we should run Triple A-mains for the Electric class. It just does not seem fair that the nitro class runs 20 minute A-mains. We all pay the same entry fee and I was hoping to get simular track time.

Well what do you think?

Let the flaming begin!

-No I am not going to buy a nitro car (OK maybe some day)
-No I am not complaining just was trying to make it fair for all racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.