Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:19 PM
MCD
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Grenade10
The $150 is a monthly cost, but includes all your race entries and practice costs. So it could be cost effective depending on how much you would be racing or at the complex.
Thank you Mark
Old 10-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Last Sunday at CORRC Raceway!!!
Attached Thumbnails 5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-dsc02895a.jpg   5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-dsc02896a.jpg   5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-dsc02899a.jpg   5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)-dsc02888a.jpg  
Old 10-28-2008, 07:08 AM
d
Tech Initiate

mario my check is under your pit board at the track
Old 10-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

I spent a little time at the track yesterday, and the new boards are sweet! Thank you so much to everybody that helped make that happen, it's a tremendous improvement.

The new layout is dialed as well. With better visibility of the boards, and a little more flow, there should be some fast, tight racing coming up. I agree with Steve, it feels much bigger with the new boards.

Did I see the beginning of a railing on the drivers stand?

Anybody in for practice tonight? I'll be there a little early, so I can open the place up if anybody else wants to get a head start.

Don't underestimate the power of static when using a tub chassis car!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok so the new boards look freakin sweet, I cant believe ole blue is gone. Thanks to all who put out the effort and finances to get rid of the blue concrete barriers and giving something worthy of us running our cars into.. I'm excited about coming out to race and hope to make it down on sunday..
Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

i just wanna know what time today???
Old 10-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I will down there about 4 today...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
I spent a little time at the track yesterday, and the new boards are sweet! Thank you so much to everybody that helped make that happen, it's a tremendous improvement.

The new layout is dialed as well. With better visibility of the boards, and a little more flow, there should be some fast, tight racing coming up. I agree with Steve, it feels much bigger with the new boards.

Did I see the beginning of a railing on the drivers stand?

Anybody in for practice tonight? I'll be there a little early, so I can open the place up if anybody else wants to get a head start.

Don't underestimate the power of static when using a tub chassis car!
Does it stick to your head like a balloon?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by artwork
Does it stick to your head like a balloon?
It made my servo do terrible, unspeakable things. The 416 is back in action. Tub car may end up in Trans-Am, or asphalt. Apparently I need to solder some wires to it to give it a proper path to ground. Awesome. :-D

Steve, I'll probably be up there around 1PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

question is the 150 due first of every month mid or end thanks

Andrew
Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drewbal
question is the 150 due first of every month mid or end thanks

Andrew
Al Dente should confirm this, but I believe we needed it around the 20th to make the rent each month.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

So far, I find the price of having a key (and, helping keep the track afloat) WELL worth it. Not only is all your racing and practice covered, but you can come and go with some flexibility.

Since I had the day off, I spent about 10 hours at the track and ran probably 15 packs through the car. Some observations:

1. The Jaco Blues kept getting better. One set all day, and the fastest laps came at the end of the night.

2. I had some pretty spectacular crashes. The only time I broke anything was when the car flew off the track and hit something hard. The new barriers are SO dialed.

3. The racing on this layout is awesome. We had a lot of fun pushing it very hard, and testing new things.

4. The spool worked pretty well. I managed to sneak in a 10.53 in the last run, a good .4 faster than what I was able to do with the one-way.

At lot of people showed up to practice tonight. It was great to see so many folks out there working on their game.

I'll probably get there around noon this Thursday, so if anybody wants to get an early start on practice, let me know.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

drewbal - the 150 is due each month, and it is due on the 25th of the month.

i stoped by the track last night and was really suprised how mwny people were there. i am lookinng forward to being able to spend lots of time there when drag racing season is over.

i need to do what adam did and just spend a day wrenchin on my shit. i feel like i am so far behind.

well, i am off to vegas for two weeks with a brief stop home for 3 days next week.

fat out.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
drewbal - the 150 is due each month, and it is due on the 25th of the month.

i stoped by the track last night and was really suprised how mwny people were there. i am lookinng forward to being able to spend lots of time there when drag racing season is over.

i need to do what adam did and just spend a day wrenchin on my shit. i feel like i am so far behind.

well, i am off to vegas for two weeks with a brief stop home for 3 days next week.

fat out.
Yo Buddy - Good luck to the Ficco Racing Team!!!

Also, for your trip to FC for the E-Plex Regional, What type of beer needs to be stocked in the "Man Room" ..... And ALOT is not the answer!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by al dente
It makes a big difference. Once you get your car in the ballpark, you can try one new thing at a time and try to shave off tenths. You'll get there man, one or two long days at the track and you'll be right back in it. Enjoy the end of the season, then get ready for some serious toy car action. :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.