Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Colorado Racing
5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC) >

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5280 Raceway - Colorado On Road RC Club (CORRC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Everyone,

Some questions about MHIC logistics:

What time will the Thursday "club race" begin? (I think I heard it was 5pm)

Will we be able to run on Thursday morning? (I have Thursday and Friday off and would come down early on Thursday if allowed.

By when do key holders with pit spots need to be cleared out to make way for the sponsors?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 04-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will be down for practice if there will be others there
Old 04-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grumpybrat
I will be down for practice if there will be others there
I'll be there tonight
Old 04-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IlikeF1
Hey Everyone,

Some questions about MHIC logistics:

What time will the Thursday "club race" begin? (I think I heard it was 5pm)

Will we be able to run on Thursday morning? (I have Thursday and Friday off and would come down early on Thursday if allowed.

By when do key holders with pit spots need to be cleared out to make way for the sponsors?

Thanks,
Nick
From what has happened in past years the track will be open in the AM. First key holder to get there will open the doors. This year there are several folks coming in from out of state early to practice all week.

For pit spots I believe you can stay where you are for Thursday or move to your MHIC pit spot. But by Friday morning you will need to be moved.

This may have changed thou so check with Mario. PM him directly.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is there any guess when doors will open tonight?
Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Doors are open
Old 04-10-2015, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

This is a friendly reminder that if you have a key, stuff in your pit spot, and your not racing at MHIC to please pick everything up by next Wed. After Sunday evening of April 19th you can return to your original spot.

If you are racing at MHIC we still need pit spots cleaned and looking nice. Again please have this task done by next Wed.

As for pit spots and who will be moving to the annex Adam and Chris are to go to guys. I think most everything has been finalized and I'm sure Adam will be sharing his pit spot chart soon.

We're only 6 days away, a lot is going to happened very quickly. I'm super excited for this race its our largest ever. We currently have a 33% increase in head over last year. Lets all do what we can to make out guest appreciated for spending there vacation and RC budget to come to our race versus others they could have attended.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:42 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Brent, thanks for posting that. Amazing what some communication can do

IMO, Sunday when its most likely we'll have the most people at the track, we should work on picking the place up between rounds, sweeping, etc... I'll be down all weekend. Is there any specific tasks we need to be sure to get done that are out of the ordinary (stuff besides normal sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, etc...?)

Also what are we doing with the vending machine we never use anymore? We going to use that for this years MHIC, or should we move it to get that table space back?
Old 04-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will not be there this weekend do to work. I can be there Monday if someone with a key will be there. I also will be there Wednesday to Monday. Please let me know what I can do to help.

Excited for the race and being off work.
Thanks
Russ
Old 04-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Lord

There's a lot of manual, undesirable labor to do on Wednesday. Some extra hands would definitely be beneficial.

I could use some help setting up the TV's and doing the wiring and stuff for the A/V over in the annex.

I'm also going to be placing name tags for every single person so that everybody has an assigned spot. I could use some help with that process. If someone wanted to draw up a seating chart once the spots are assigned to help people find their place, that would be excellent. Unfortunately it's a difficult thing to do ahead of time because we're not certain of the table arrangement.

Also, for folks staying in the main room, I will do my very best to place people around your existing spots so you don't have to move your pits, but I can't promise with certainty that it will happen.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:39 AM

Do we know when tables, and chairs are being delivered? Are people going to be needed to help offload like last year? When do we get into the Annex? Did we confirm we are getting 8ft tables?

Not sure who knows that info (Mario?) But someone who does should communicate it out if people are expected (or assumed) to help. That is unless it's covered and we are good to go.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clegg
Brent, thanks for posting that. Amazing what some communication can do

IMO, Sunday when its most likely we'll have the most people at the track, we should work on picking the place up between rounds, sweeping, etc... I'll be down all weekend. Is there any specific tasks we need to be sure to get done that are out of the ordinary (stuff besides normal sweeping, cleaning bathrooms, etc...?)

Also what are we doing with the vending machine we never use anymore? We going to use that for this years MHIC, or should we move it to get that table space back?
I don't know if the vending machine even works, has anyone tested it lately?

My guess is we us the honor system like we do with pop for snacks during MHIC. So we should move the vending machine to he office, for this next week at least.

Mario can you please post when big time consuming tasks are planned to take place so we can have people volunteer to help. Things like table setup, tire sticker, annex access etc. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:08 AM

IMO if the machine works, we should use it. I think the honor system works fine for our club, but in terms of cash volume with this many people I would be more comfortable using the machine and the change maker on it if we need.

I can help keep the thing stocked and running during the race if needed.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

I don't see why it would stop working since it's all mechanical. If someone wants to own stocking and testing it, and being the point man if it steals money during the race, please speak up!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clegg
IMO if the machine works, we should use it. I think the honor system works fine for our club, but in terms of cash volume with this many people I would be more comfortable using the machine and the change maker on it if we need.

I can help keep the thing stocked and running during the race if needed.
Go for it. You just signed up to be the Snack Man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.