Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Happy Holidays!!! it's official!! Practice Saturday Night January 5th!! spectators always welcome too
Doors open at 5pm, please show up and help with setup if you can. Quickly get setup and practice going.

Come on out and learn the track, it usually helps for the race day. It's also a great opportunity to get your cars setup and try different settings!! I will have 2 cars for someone to try out 1. will race with the Euro Truck class 2. will race with Scale Spec if you are interested or a friend, you can reserve it for the day. Contact Aaron Gleboff

Where is this going on you might ask? Greenbay Bible camp 1449 Green Bay Rd, West Kelowna, BC On the Sunday, with the track being setup the night before, the doors will be open at 9am.

Be safe out there this holiday season
see you track side
Old 12-28-2018, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New guy

Hi all.
After a long wait I'm going start racing 1/10 touring.
I have a tc7.1 that needs a few things.
I'm not new to the hobby but new to the Touring car end of things.
Im not interested in fast as more of control untill I'm comfortable and consistante with my car set up , track and racing with other drivers.
Speed can come later.

I have looked for the required tires for the carpet but seem to have trouble finding any in Canada at a reasonable price.

​​​​​​Any suggestions on locating the pre-mounts.
also is a proline Ltcr body ok for the class?

Sorry for all the questions.

I'm looking forward to getting involved and hanging with y'all.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Check out Gripworks for tires, we use 32's as the control compound, brand is open. The LTCR is a good body, has a nice balanced feel to it, the Type S is another good choice for our track as well. I would sugest starting out with a 21.5T motor (this is the new stock wind).
Old 12-29-2018, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Another rout to take is the scale spec. same chassis, change tires, body and then you can always move into touring when you want to go faster.
here are the rules we fallow
https://www.wcics.ca/rules.php#wcicsscalespec
any other questions, feel free to pm me or ask on here
see you track side
Old 12-29-2018, 02:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a Blackbox 800z with a sonic 25.5 roar spec combo available for a wicked deal. Would this work or should I go for a 21.5t?
could I be relatively competitive with the 25.5?
Old 01-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by inhissteps
I have a Blackbox 800z with a sonic 25.5 roar spec combo available for a wicked deal. Would this work or should I go for a 21.5t?
could I be relatively competitive with the 25.5?
it would be a great place to start with. you can always swap the motor out when you are ready for it. I don't think that it would be that much slower as long as you get the gearing tuned in. bring it out to the practice night on Saturday and try it out.

Old 01-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

PRACTICE NIGHT AND RACE DAY
This Saturday night and Sunday!! Greenbay Bible Camp. 1449 Greenbay RC, West Kelowna.
practice, doors open at 5pm, please show up and help with setup if you can. Quickly get setup and practice going. Practice fee $10
Raceday on the Sunday, with the track being setup the night before, the doors will be open at 9am.

see you track side
Old 01-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Results!!

Thank you to all that make it out!! Another great day of racing for sure. We have some new racers and they had a blast and will be out again. Thanks again, here are the results and see you again in two weeks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ResultsNames.pdf (45.0 KB, 41 views)
Old 01-16-2019, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

PRACTICE NIGHT AND RACE DAY This Saturday night and Sunday!! Greenbay Bible Camp. 1449 Greenbay RC, West Kelowna. practice, doors open at 5pm, please show up and help with setup if you can. Quickly get setup and practice going. Practice fee $10.
see you track side
Old 01-20-2019, 10:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default raceday results

<div style="text-align:left;"><div style="text-align:left;"><div style="text-align:left;">Today was a great day!!</div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div style="text-align:left;">Had another good turnout, and the practice was well attended as well. THANK YOU to everyone that came out, it was also nice to see everyone helping out with everything from setup and take down. Thank you to Dustin, Terry, Greg, Colin and Steve for running the computer while I raced. It was awesome to see the club come together and do some extra marshaling for the guys that were back to back, he really helped the day run smoothly and it gave us time to do 3Q and double Mains. Lots of close racing in Euro Truck, Mini, F1, Scale Spec, and TC MOD. It came down to a few mistakes or who could last the race. It was great to see Keven and Tony back out for their 2nd time. They increased their lineup by adding Scale Spec. A big shout out to Kyah, first time out and kicked butt in Euro truck and Scale Spec. Steve came out to race, showed us that a T3 can still be competitive with a spekrum servo and a 5year old esc. Looking forward to the next race already. Hope you all enjoyed the day as much as I did.</div></div> <div style="text-align:left;"><div style="text-align:left;"></div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div style="text-align:left;"></div></div><div style="text-align:left;"><div style="text-align:left;">See you Track side</div></div></div>
Attached Files
R5_Race_01_Mini_A1-Main.pdf (40.9 KB, 23 views)
R5_Race_07_TC Mod_A1-Main.pdf (45.5 KB, 35 views)
R5_Race_08_Mini_A2-Main.pdf (41.1 KB, 17 views)
R5_Race_10_F1_A2-Main.pdf (41.7 KB, 25 views)
R5_Race_13_TC Mod_A2-Main.pdf (45.4 KB, 26 views)
R5_Race_14_TC Mod_B2-Main.pdf (43.5 KB, 27 views)
R5_Race_03_F1_A1-Main.pdf (42.8 KB, 28 views)
R5_Race_06_TC Mod_B1-Main.pdf (43.1 KB, 28 views)
AAA.pdf (146.1 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by The Butcher; 01-20-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added race summery
Old 01-26-2019, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Practice is booked for February 2nd at 5pm, $10 per person. Would anyone be interested in some kind of race event for that night?? I'm thinking something totally different than what we usually do. I do have a few ideas. let me know if you want to do that or just do practice.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Race day February 3rd,

Practice night Feb 2nd, doors open at 5pm.
Because we are doing practice the night before we are able to get more racing in. so we are planning to do 3 qualifiers and double mains. the doors will be open at 8am and first off the line at 9am.

See you track side
Old 02-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Results!!

It was a little bit of a light turnout, due to a rock slide on the highway, and work getting in the way. We had a laid back day, we has some fun, a few broken cars, but we had enough for some racing. The practice was proven useful to thous that came out, Peter took full advantage, continued to improve. Lorne ditched his old radio that had some problems and got himself a Sanwa. With a little help with his cars and setting up the new radio, he was enjoying the racing and drove his best ever. James came out from Pentiction and took the detour. After a few wrong turns on the back roads, he made it to the track to race on his birthday. Luke came out racing after moving back to Kelowna, he was helpful in the pits with the racers. Thanks to all of thous that made it out.
The next race we will be a good one
Attached Files
R4_Race_02_F1_A1-Main.pdf (43.8 KB, 25 views)
R4_Race_07_F1_A2-Main.pdf (44.3 KB, 24 views)
R4_Race_05_LMP1_A1-Main.pdf (47.2 KB, 23 views)
R4_Race_10_LMP1_A2-Main.pdf (47.5 KB, 35 views)
R4_Race_09_TC Mod_A2-Main.pdf (46.1 KB, 24 views)
AAA.pdf (110.3 KB, 30 views)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Who is in for practice night on Saturday February 16th?? head on over to our Facebook page and post up!! I'll need 8 to make it a go, I will check if it's available after that. after that I will be asking for it to be pre paid as well.
see you track side
Old 02-12-2019, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

A quick reminder
Race Day Sunday February 17th Doors open at 8am. Please show up on time to build the track.
Greenbay Bible Camp Gym 1449 Green Bay Rd, West Kelowna, BC

see you trackside!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.