Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree24Likes

KRC RACING (KELOWNA R/C RACING CLUB)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice selection of classes this year, should pull in a lot of drivers, only thing missing is formula drift!
Old 09-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tinbasher41
Went to the WCICS site and no Kelowna race this year.... ? I moved from Victoria this year and would like to join the Kelowna club. Could give me details at to membership? Are there practice nights ?

Cheers

Lorne
Membership is $50/year I believe, and there are indeed practice nights. I believe it's the Saturdays before Sunday race days
Old 09-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tinbasher41
Went to the WCICS site and no Kelowna race this year.... ? I moved from Victoria this year and would like to join the Kelowna club. Could give me details at to membership? Are there practice nights ?

Cheers

Lorne
Hi Lorne,

Unfortunately, no WCICS race this year Last year was our first time in the series, and it was as a fill in due to one of the other clubs needing a break, we knew going in that it was a one time deal. We are still a member club of WCICS, and will hopefully be able to host an event in the future, but not this year. It was debated, but ultimately decided 9 races in the series was just too many. (nice problem to have really, just too bad we got the short straw).

As for membership, we are having a meeting on the 23rd, we will be discussing fees for the upcoming season at this meeting, so stay tuned. I am not sure if the meeting is open to all, will get clarity on this.

Typically, we have done practice nights before race day, but it is up to the club members to decide if its a go or not, we need a min. body count committed to attend in order to book them. This is for two reasons, 1. so we don't loose money on the hall rental, 2. for set up of the track. It sucks always having the same 3-4 guys doing most of the work......

I'm really looking forward to this season, lots of opportunities to get in racing. The tentative schedule looks good, and will allow for guys to travel to the other clubs and race, and for them to come race with us. Plus 9-10 multi-day races in western Canada, should be great!

Ps; working on figuring out a date to hold a trophy race of our own.......
Old 09-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

One other thing I was thinking about for the up coming season. Race day format. Currently, we do 3 qualifiers (usually heads up start) followed by a single main. Personally, I am getting sick of soooo much qualifying, and the focus we tend to put on it.

I would like to see us put the focus on RACING!!!, I know, blasphemy. I was thinking maybe do 2 short qualifying runs (3min) followed by triple mains. (WCICS has gone to triple A main structure, so thinking will help getting used to the format. It puts some strategy into racing, hopefully get away from the 'do or die' mentality of a single main, and cleaner racing all around will result)

Something to think about, bring your ideas and thoughts to the meeting so we can discuss.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Meeting?

So is this meeting open or not. I'm trying to decide if I want to commit to the season or not and would like to see what the plan is to rebuild the membership.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

So this Club Meeting, as it being a AGM club meeting, it is open to club members. The member have paid a lot over the past 2 years and it wouldn't be fair to them, however Feel free to become a member. Dan, if you could email me or text me any questions/concerns you have, or any ideas or any help you have to offer the club, that would be appreciated.
Thanks guys
See you at the meeting or on the track.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Default Meeting

Originally Posted by The Butcher
So this Club Meeting, as it being a AGM club meeting, it is open to club members. The member have paid a lot over the past 2 years and it wouldn't be fair to them, however Feel free to become a member. Dan, if you could email me or text me any questions/concerns you have, or any ideas or any help you have to offer the club, that would be appreciated.
Thanks guys
See you at the meeting or on the track.
Thanks for the clarification Aaron. I prefer to talk in person or at the least by phone. Too much gets lost with out tone. PM me your phone number Aaron.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Racing this Sunday, Sunday, Sunday?

Hello Kelownians,
Is this Sunday your last race? I would 100% commit as my dang house in 'loops is sold and done done done.

4wd sct, 2wd sct, 8th scale.

Originally Posted by The Butcher
Hey Guys!! With a few more races left for the off-road, it's time to get some on-road planned. We will have a Club meeting on the 23rd, please contact me if you are interested.
Here are the Dates for the On-road season
Oct.9,30
Nov.13,27
Dec.4
Jan.1,22
Feb.5,19
Mar.19

Thanks
Old 09-24-2016, 03:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Too bad

I'll take the silence as no race tommorrow. I'm heading to coquitlam for their last one then.
See y'all on the carpet

Originally Posted by graham the newb
Hello Kelownians,
Is this Sunday your last race? I would 100% commit as my dang house in 'loops is sold and done done done.

4wd sct, 2wd sct, 8th scale.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for the past season and Thank you for keeping me on as the President of the club. With Off-road over, and our memberships done, it is time to renew them. The new member rates are $60.00 for the year!! On-road, off-road, anything we do, $60. Please contact me and we will get you signed up and member card to you. If anyone has any concerns, feel free to contact me. PM me or Email: [email protected]
Old 10-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

GOOD MORNING KELOWNA!

With just a week to go until our first club race, I thought I would post up some information of the upcoming season.

First off, we adjusted the membership fee's for this year, memberships are now inclusive of both on road and off road, and good for the year (Oct. 1st to Sept. 30th) If you plan on racing regularly with us, I highly recommend you become a member. It not only saves you money in the long run, but really helps us keep the doors open. See attached membership form.

Second is race fee's, they are the same as last season. For racers that are a member of another club, you will pay member rates when you come race with us!! See fee schedule.

Third is the schedule. I have attached a schedule that has our race dates, as well as TVR's, PRCC's, and all the indoor trophy races. Needless to say, there is no shortage of racing this winter in BC!! We are truly blessed in the interior, there is a race just about every weekend within a 2hr drive of Kelowna, not to mention 5 multi-day trophy races, hosted by 5 different clubs in the province.

And the best for last, we are going to be holding a trophy race January 20-22 More on this to come, stay tuned, mark your calendars, its going to be one not to miss!!

Again, our first race is on the 9th, doors will open at 830am, track set up asap, and get to racing Please show up on time and be prepared to help, the sooner we get set up, the sooner we start racing.

Membership fee's will also be due, please print off the form, and bring it with you with payment.

We will also do a short meeting to discuss one or two things.....

See you all on the 9th, I'm exited to be back on the rug!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Race schedule 16:17.pdf (57.6 KB, 57 views)
KRC membership form.pdf (41.4 KB, 45 views)
KRC fee schedule.pdf (39.9 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default Race Day!!

Great post Earl!! I'm so excited for this Sunday!!
I'll be running F1 and TC stock or USGT.

see you Sunday
Old 10-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys! Myself and a couple members will making the trip up on Sunday. If you need me to bring anything along let me know. You can call me at the shop 250-486-3657 or even check out our new website www.atdhobbies.com to place an order and I can bring it along. See you all bright and early!
Old 10-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default Race Day Results

Happy Thanksgiving!
Had a great time racing with all of you. We had it all from Mini madness to buggies, yes buggies!! We ran 2 qualifiers and double mains. Thanks Anthony for coming out, I had a great time racing with you in USGT!! Good job to Nate, first time out racing. He started with a drift car on rubber and now he is hooked!! Here are the first set of results!
Attached Files
R3_Race_01_Mini_A1-Main.pdf (41.3 KB, 30 views)
R3_Race_07_Mini_A2-Main.pdf (41.5 KB, 32 views)
Old 10-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default Part 2

More
Attached Files
R3_Race_05_F1_A1-Main.pdf (46.5 KB, 34 views)
R3_Race_11_F1_A2-Main.pdf (46.4 KB, 18 views)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.