Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KARZ Calgary

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING

THANKS STU AND AARON FOR YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT LIPOS AND THE KARZ CLUB, LIKE I HAVE MENTIONED WHEN BRADG , ROY , JIM AND MYSELF GET TOGETHER, WE WILL BE HAVING A LOOK AT THIS TOPIC AND PROBALLY ANOTHER LOOK AND WE CAN SEE WHAT WE CAN COME UP WITH, BUT FOR NOW THE RULES ARE THE SAME AS THEY WHERE WHEN WE OPENED THE DOORS ON THE FIRST NIGHT, AND THEY SEEM TO BE WORKING JUST FINE

THANKS ALL
BRAD
Old 10-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING NEWS BREAK

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE BOTH MINIS AND 12TH SCALE ON NOV 8 AND 9TH, SO AN EXTRA NIGHT OF RACING ON THE SAT NIGHT, WE KNOW THAT ALOT OF DRIVERS ARE GOING TO EDMONTON TO THE WCICS AND I WISH THEM ALL GOOD LUCK IN KICKING SOME BUTT OUT THERE, IN THE QUALITY OF DRIVING I HAVE SEEN, I SEE ALOT OF WINS AND HARDWARE ARE COMING BACK TO CALGARY.

THANKS
BRAD
Old 10-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stulec52
also to say we are running 30 year old technology is nonsense. It's over 100 years old ! but what difference does that make.
+1

Just tell us the rules and we run to that.
The rules have long since been stated, let's get on with it.
amen to that
Old 10-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=calvma;4985513]
Originally Posted by axle182
the rest, you know who you are (and of course calvin, you crack me up dude).

Aaron, it has been a year since I last saw you. Do I crack you up in your dreams dude?
Dammit, got my names mixed up, i meant Ivan! I should remember the name 'Crazy Ivan' shouldnt I lol. Sorry Calvin. No dreams of you over here!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

How many of you guys run the electronics in the chassis?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUNA
FWD short chassis at least 1 component inside...
FWD long or medium wheel base...maybe both if they are small enough...
RWD hanging off the sides as low as you can get them!!

R
Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Any over heating issues?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any over heating issues?
I haven't heard of any....
R
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Just wanna have fun!

Wow I sure miss a lot in missing one week of racing.

Here are some of my comments.

I’m looking forward to using the new transponders. Great job with everything Jody has done without them.

Big thanks to Brad S. for organizing everything and his lieutenants Roy (‘the chassis smasher’) and Jimbo (‘the super mechanic’) for there work. Brad G (‘the neighbor’) is on board too and he’s definitely great at the technicial/computer stuff. Just don’t be programming that lap counter not to count my laps there Brad.

Lipos….briefly say that I think Scott is only thinking about value. Safety wise I think either battery could be dangerous. That image of the incident with Stu last year is still always in that back of my mind. I’m guilty of recharging my 2400 pack (4 years old?) repeatedly but now I charge at only 4 amps cause I think that’s more safe (is it? I don’t know) and now I have Susan at the work bench and I’m worried about her safety too.

As for the fun factor, I’ve always had fun at KARZ. I actually have fun anytime I’m racing. Susan has a lot of fun at KARZ and that’s why she’s be coming back to race. Nice to see another girl join the club too. Hope to see Jody race. Brad S., you working on that?

Easy there Aaron. Also, it’s harder to hit Stu than you think….and his stick antenna looks pretty dangerous if he decides to swing it!

Jimbo….guilty of altering chassis. Not looking for an advantage…just fun with the RWD conversion and surely not winning with it! Do I have your okay to still run it?

Where do electronics go or any other things to make your mini work better: ask the fast guys in the A main or just look at how Stu and Aaron set up their cars.

See you all Sunday,

Ivan
Old 10-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Mini's and 12's never have heating issues (well except motors overgeared in the 12's) The motors dont pull enough amps to make anything hot. in one of my mini's, i pulled the plastic shell off the std Tamiya ESC, and its sitting inside the rear on a SWB M03. Before i race this, im going to be putting a party balloon over it for static protection. But its a good idea to get it as low as possible. I really like the clean look with them inside the chassis. With the M04, you really have no choice but either the sides or on top, but my big std Tamiya ESC mounted on top of the chassis is a perfect place to mount the little driver lol. I added that motor fan on my M04 so i can run 8 mins in practice flat out lol.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've been running a Novak 4 Cell GTB and my receiver inside the back half without any issues at all. ESC doesn't even get luke warm, nevermind hot.

If it fits, stuff it!

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Wow I sure miss a lot in missing one week of racing.
Yes, you did. Ha!

Big thanks...
You're welcome.

...guilty of altering chassis. Do I have your okay to still run it?
Yes. I'd say it's more of an impediment than an advantage.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

AJ,
you still have to come out at least one night that I am there too.

Hopefully they build a super tight track that night

I won' make it out again until after Edmonton WCICS though.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

AJ,
you still have to come out at least one night that I am there too.

Hopefully they build a super tight track that night

I won' make it out again until after Edmonton WCICS though.
Stu, ive only been able to make it out to Karz once so far. With organising the garage, insulating and drywall, and with Kerrys new Legends car, its been a struggle to get it done before the vacation. I hope to be out a few times before christmas, so ill call ya so we can car pool to Karz!!

I love my M04, and ill always have that ready, but ive got enough spares to build another M03 incase i need to catch you! lol The M04 doesnt like the super tight tracks, its likes to flow! Mind you, i have a few sets of different tires now, so I might be able to get around.

Ill drop you a line when i get back, you will have to come over and see the new race garage when Kerry is over. Looks great with the two Legends cars up on blocks ready to be torn down. Will look even better when the parts come back from painting and powder coating
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Important race info....

Hey guys....just a heads up about the weekend of November 8th and 9th!!

Saturday November 8th.....presenting...."THE SOUTHERN FRIED 100......yes exciting OVAL action!!! Rollin start....for 1/12ths and Mini's....fast paced and FUN!!!

Now I hear we are getting a couple of backwoods fellers comin right from the Ozarks to attend.....Jumbalya Jim (a true legend...in his own mind!!)......and Bubba Brad Gumboots (not so much of a legend....as a myth!!).....and of course a whole raft of other characters!!!

Did I forget to mention that race fee's for Saturday are only $5 dollars!!!

Sunday November 9th we are going to create the Monster.....this is the track....that will have the strong at heart shakin'.....not a straight away to be found...anywhere!!! Technical and tight.....come challenge yourself.....the regular race fee for Sunday $10 dollars!!!

Information for our enduro night is going to be coming out very soon.....all I can give away is.....free food....prizes....and some other very exciting things...don't miss this one!!!

See you all this Sunday....same time....same place...
Roy
************SET-UP @ 5:00...........RACING STARTING @ 6:00*************

Last edited by xrayroooahhhh; 10-29-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've heard a rumour that there may be an appearance by the completely non-legendary, but strangely familliar because he kind of smells like window putty "One Tooth Roy" and his best friend, the worlds ugliest and most fragrant basset hound, Larry.

Jim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.