Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KARZ Calgary

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Brad!!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
And yes it's a spec class. So if you guys are so worried about keeping it a spec class, when does tech start for weight, non tamiya drivetrain hop up's? Chassis modifications, etc?
Well, this one sort of blew up, didn't it?

Let's just close discussion on the lipo thing for now. The PMs are flying, and people are a bit "emotional" about this.

As for teching the cars...As long as we're all running silver cans, and haven't modded or replaced the gearing in the car, we're good as gold.

If you know of anyone who has modified their drivetrain, please let us know.

Tires must be to spec as well.

We'll get back on this subject later.

Jim

Last edited by monkeyracing; 10-27-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

j

Last edited by Scottmisfits; 10-28-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

People are getting emotional because they want to keep the FUN at Karz. All else can be left out in the cold! Teching.... you must have forgotten what Karz was started for....

Hasnt anyone learnt from previous problems with clubs, regarding them all going the same way... moaning and winging about things, complaining about rules, adding teching and other bogus ideas like that, then no one shows. Simple fact, Karz has the BEST atmosphere ive ever seen at a club. No one gives a hoot about latest technology, they ONLY care about the FUN factor, and helping other racers out, and for that I truely thank Brad, Jim, Roy and the rest, you know who you are (and of course calvin, you crack me up dude). The atmosphere is a direct result of the people running the joint. Me, im damn passionate when a club like this has issues like latest technology, and Teching thrown at them. Forget teching. Does anyone want this club to go exactly like every club out there? I certainly dont. I LOVE the relaxed atmosphere!

Keep the fun in it, if you dont like something, ask respectfully and directly to one of the commitee, dont 'poo-poo' the current rules. Everything can be acheived with a little tact. As for Lipo, without even talking to the guys, i know Jim/brad and the guys would be discussing it. And when they decide on HOW they would like to implement it, thats when i get a lipo for mini.

Yeah ive only been out to Karz once, but im a lifer. And when i can finally make it down again, i hope we're all still smiles on race night. I read all the posts from each race night, and i cringe everytime i hear Stu won! Comon guys, surely if you planned out your race, you could take him out, and someone else take the checkers for once!! lol

Now sorry for that rant, but lets please keep the FUN at Karz..... and...... take Stu out..... lol (kidding Stu!)

Scotty, I have three mini's sitting in my basement, all ready to go. If you wanna borrow one, give me a shout! That will make ya smile!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thank you to both Aaron and Scott. I suppose this sort of thing can get a little unwieldy pretty fast, and as mentioned, our focus is fun.

Anyhoo, we're moving on for now. Brad, Brad, Roy and I will be having a chat about this very soon, and keep you all filled in.

On another front entirely: WATCH OUT! My M04 is on the way. I wouldn't say I'm a threat as far as winning goes, just sort of threatening to all the other cars on the track!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Default KARZ RACING

WELL THIS WAS A BUSY DAY ON THE RC WIRE. LOL, THIS IS WHY THIS SPORT( HOBBY) IS SO GREAT, FOR ITS RACERS ARE PASSIONATE AND ALL HAVE GREAT OPIONIONS, TO KEEP THIS SPORT ALIVE AND THRIVING AS IT HAS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.

K A R Z WAS STARTED AS A FUN ORGANIZED CLUB, AND ALOT OF THE REGULATIONS WE HAVE PUT INTO PLACE WERE MADE UP TO KEEP THIS
SPORT AFFORABLE FOR ALL TO DO IT, AS WELL HAVE DRIVERS SKILLS IMPROVE IN THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF THE POCKET BOOK, WHICH IS WHAT I AM SEEING. EXAMPLE C-MAINERS MOVING TO B AND SO ON AND THERE CARS HAVE NOT BEEN CHANGED, JUST THERE DRIVING HAS.

I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT LIPOS CAN DO AND WHAT THERE PRECAUTIONS ARE,MAINLY THANKING STU ON THIS FOR I PICKED HIS BRAIN PRETTY GOOD ON THIS TOPIC AS WELL HIS THREADS ARE WELL IN DEPTH AND WELL RESEARCHED.

AS A CLUB WE WILL MOVE FORWARD WHEN THE TIME COMES, FOR I DO SEE LIPOS BEING THE NEW FLAVOR OF RACING, BUT I LOOK AT AS THE STICK PACKS ARE STILL BEING MADE AS ARE THE CHARGERS, YES I KNOW THEY CAN DO BOTH, SO THAT DOES TELL ME THE FUTURE IS COMING, SO WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE MEETINGS ON THIS TOPIC, AND DO APPRECIATE ALL OPIONIONS AND DISUSSIONS THAT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN,BUT FOR RIGHT NOW, NO LIPOS AT KARZ. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS.

I WOULD HOPE WE CAN ALL PASS THIS ALONG ON RACE NIGHTS, TO OTHER FELLOW RACERS AS WE WALK ALONG PIT ROW ,AND MAYBE THEY ARE NOT ON RCTECH OR HAVE MISSED DRIVERS MEETINGS.

THANKS ALL
BRAD
Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Scott.....

R

Last edited by xrayroooahhhh; 10-28-2008 at 08:54 AM. Reason: update
Old 10-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I just want to let you all know a little something about Li-Po.

YOU DON'T NEED THEM.

I just hope racers do not get the impression that to compete you 'need' to buy Li-Po, you do not.
I have my year and a half old, MUCH used Peak 2400 Ni-Cd pack, and I have compared it back to back with a NEW Orion 2400 Li-Po, as well as a 3600 Ni_mh IB pack. My Li-Po gave me the slowest 5 minute time.
(note that this was done at CARCAR as a test for my info)

SO, if people need a new pack, here's my tip of the day - Ni-Cd is lighter....

I will ask if PM can get in the Peak/Orion 2400 packs, or the Reedy 2400 Wolfpacks, as those would be great value for money, and most certainly will last a reasonable life span, and won't need the latest and greatest technology to get them to perform.

It's a good debate to have, but really it's redundant as you just don't need them.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

j

Last edited by Scottmisfits; 10-28-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Very good point, Stu. You really don't need them. As you mentioned on the CARCAR thread some time ago, "lipo is a choice." It really does come down to what one is comfortable with, and what they feel is their best value in terms of both time and money. This is especially true, given that there is no performance advantage.

New racers, please don't be discouraged by all this. It will not be necessary to spend any more money than you already have. What it really comes down to is a bunch of us spouting our opinions rather publicly.

Right or wrong, we've all got opinions about this sort of thing. They just get a little "loud" sometimes.

Jim
Old 10-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits

Obviously this is not going to get solved as there is one guy running the club and he has decided that 30 year old technology is plenty for the club. Whatever.
It has been solved, I don't see the need to discuss it further.
Every club has rules, this one is there and has been since the start, so no problem in following it.

also to say we are running 30 year old technology is nonsense. It's over 100 years old ! but what difference does that make.

Personally I don't care either way, I have ni-cd, ni-mh and li-po.
Just tell us the rules and we run to that.
The rules have long since been stated, let's get on with it.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

I would also like to apologize for my ignorance to club rules when it comes to Lipo. I was one of the few on Sunday running the Orion Lipo. My intentions were not to cheat or to have an advantage but simply because I bought a Lipo pack because of its value/durability and I was under the impression that KARZ rules and regulations were similar to CARCAR.

I will also agree with Stu that a Lipo is not necessary. At the CARCAR track I found that my old NIMH stick pack ran faster laps compared to the LIPO.

That being said, I will grab another stick pack and keep enjoying this hobby.

Rick
Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Heys guys, throw me a reasonable offer on my 12 scale. I'm done racing it and just want it gone. Go back a few posts to see a link to the pictures.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

[QUOTE=axle182;4984432]the rest, you know who you are (and of course calvin, you crack me up dude).

Aaron, it has been a year since I last saw you. Do I crack you up in your dreams dude?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You're in Aaron's dreams?!? Yeesh!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 37 votes, 4.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.