Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
Alright fellow foam racers unite and join me this Friday night for some 12 scale action. A new track for November means new fun. Only 1 week before ATS. You should come out and get some practice. The track might look very familiar come ATS... wink wink
We running stock or mod 12th?
Old 11-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default CARCAR Sunday

The next Sunday event was due to be on the 19th but this interferes with ATS so we will be running again THIS SUNDAY (Nov 12th) instead. We will then resume the "every other Sunday' pattern on the 26th.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Madulla
TC 32’s. The new black carpet sweeps are slow. The older ones are quicker.
F1 Pit Shimizu 571,572 are good

We run the same black CRC carpet as Edmonton. What ever works there will work in Calgary.
Ivan's Jaco Blues have been a massive advantage. 8 years old or not they're a faster tire!
Old 11-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

12 stock I am assuming. Maybe 12 Mod after ATS lol
Old 11-08-2017, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys! itll be my first time out tonight in 7 years! just wondering A.) what are fees for the year and B.) who do I need to pay?

Let me know!
Old 11-08-2017, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stanislow
hey guys! itll be my first time out tonight in 7 years! just wondering A.) what are fees for the year and B.) who do I need to pay?

Let me know!
great have you see you back at the track, colin should be there tonight. membership fees are $70 for the year with free practice, if you are looking for just practice then $5
Old 11-08-2017, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wil02

Doing maintenance that he says he never does.
It looks like he was checking tire wear.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joech
He's actually making sure the brand new bleeding edge custom part he just installed was sufficiently scrubbed with sandpaper so it's not too shiny and others don't know his speed secrets.

#CaughtRedHanded
Old 11-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joech
Oh boy I can not believe it.. But I almost missed how much tire sauce was on those tires in the photo! It's dripping off!!! No wonder why PM loves him as a team driver.. It's his huge tires sauce budget!!!

#CaughtRedHanded
Old 11-10-2017, 10:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

On an unrelated note (cheater) what battery plugs are those? (Wow, I’m seeing a lot gray hair. Time for the Grecian Formula. ) They look like there’s a wider brass chunk over top of them. (Serioisly, you’re just not aging as gracefully as me. Sad.)

#budgetraceronapension
Old 11-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Another Friday has come and gone. A great night of racing was a foot at the Carcar track last evening. For the first time this season we witness the elusive sighting of a 12th scale car on our track, like the elusive sasquatch, some things are better left unseen . We would like to welcome back some old faces, Chris and James nice to see you dudes back.

TC Stock B Main (By Blaine)

The starting grid of Bulb, The Wing, Matador, Slow is Fast and Butterfly was looking beautiful with 2 fresh new paint jobs just waiting to run laps, and (3) guys back from the grave. Like the undertaker Bulb illuminated the area where he was going to work, leading from Pole to Checkered flag. Unlike an Asian street racer pulling his Honda out of his parents garage the wing has more confidence than Kerry at a massage parlor. His downforce was off the charts and allowed him to block Matador as he pressured to pass on the inside, outside and flying through the air. Slow is Fast was running his own race but seemed to forgot the “Fast” part of his moto struggled with getting out of corners hard on the throttle. Butterfly’s brilliance behind the wheel was hidden in his cocoon as he fluttered left and right on the straight. He may want to talk to Cal and get a new mechanic (not).

Results: Tim “Bulb”, Chris “The Wing”, James “Matador”, Gordon “Slow is Fast”, Dave “Butterfly”

TC Stock A Main

The line up was stellar with the Mini King capturing the pole followed by The Arrow, One Lap Hack, The Mechanic, King Kwong, and Who Can Buchan making the A main for the first time in long while. On the tone we had the Mini King get away well closely pursued by The Arrow. On the exit to the straight Mini King made a slight error which allowed the One Lap Hack to make a Hail Mary attempt which drove Mini King into the Arrow, who was bounced to last. The Mini King set chase after the One Lap Hack bobbing and weaving to get around. All this battling allowed the Mechanic and King Kwong to catch up. The Mini King tapped One Lap Hack and turned him over. While waiting for One Lap to get marshalled the Mechanic and King Kwong were through. The Mechanic decided to send a serious message to the man from skull island and rocketed off into the distance and was never challenged for the win. Mini King finally got around the One Lap Hack, to promptly be hit from behind and he was out. The Arrow was making progress but was unable to catch King Kwong. Who Can, giddy with his new found form drove consistent smooth fast laps to bring his Xray home in the 5th.

Results: Trevor “The Mechanic”, John “King Kowng”, Bryce “The Arrow”, Blaine “One Lap Hack”, Ian “Who Can”, Walter “Mini King”.

TC Mod A Main (By Blaine)

Speed, Professor, Fat Stacks Fabio, Hobbyshop, The Beard, Maverick, King Kwong all combined their car on the straight away to find out the fastest of the night. The tone signaled a nice clean start as the line of cars went around the track. However after the first lap Speed went a hair too deep into the second corner and paid for this mistake with both Professor and The Beard making the pass. Speed wanted no part in 3rd place and started adding boost, soon he slipped past The Beard as he focused on turning his beard white to get the position of Santa at Chinook mall. Hobbyshop was putting on a clinic on how to pass until Fat Stacks Fabio asked him how much it was cost him for the position. Fat Stacks Fabio pulled out his wallet and Hobbyshop stopped on the straight to give him the position. The meter ran out after a single lap and Hobbyshop took back the position on the straight. Maverik and King Kwong worked hard on setup and driving lines sure to impress their ladies next week at ATS.

Results: Jim “Professor”, Tommy “Speed”, Matt “The Beard”, Erwin “Hobbyshop”, Ivan “Fat Stack Fabio”, Benny “Maverick”, John “King Kwong”.

12th Scale A main

The First time all season we got to see the 12th Scale cars out, and solid field we had. We had Tommy Speed with his special stock 12th on the track. Following Speed was Thriller, the Beard, The Maestro, Fat Stacks, and Maverick. On the tone we had nice clean start except for poor Fat Stacks who got into it with Maverick. Maverick mistook the yellow car for a friendly and stopped it in its tracks. With the world spinning around the Maverick, he quickly ejected Fat Stacks from the track. The front four cars were running strong and smooth, Speed checked out leaving Thriller to battle with the Beard and the Maestro. In the end Thriller showed, that when the Hulk side is suppressed, he is super smooth and fast. The Beard and the Maestro had little battles of their own, but in the end the Beard showed the Maestro where he could stick his baton and claimed third. Fat Stack recovered from the vicious assault Maverick laid down on him to get around and bring his car home in fifth. Maverick still looking a bit shaky came home sixth.

Results:
Tommy “Speed”, Ken “Thriller Miller”, Matt “The Beard”, Al “Maestro”, Ivan “Fat Stacks”, Benny “ El Matador.

What a great night of racing, nice to see new faces out and about. Remember to check out Gordon’s Videos. Remember Sunday Racing is this week Nov 12th.

Do Not Forget next week is Carcar’s leg of the ATS series. Come out and check it race and have a good time.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice race report Mini King!

Nice to see Mr. Stanislow back and with a 6th generation newer ARC than mine. It sure looks nice though.

And hope to make Sunday racing tomorrow. Wife even mentioned she might come out and try mini again.

Ivan

ps. Really sad to see all that wrenching from Cal last night.....and that's only running 2 cars. How many classes you plan to run next weekend Cal?
Old 11-13-2017, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Looking for a couple of AMB transponders. 2 or 3 wire.

PM me.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Awsomatix

Is it still available.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default CARCAR Sunday

Racing this Sunday (Nov 26th) !!!

Doors at 10am, racing at noon.

TC Stock, USGT, Mini and Kids (Mini)

As always , Kids are FREE

Our Sunday events are a family-friendly race environment and a great place to come see what RC racing is all about. Got questions ? Come on down and we will be happy to fill you in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.