Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E-BUSS
...of the new year. That's what you meant...right Ken?
Maybe.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc pete
We did bring the carpet up and move the loop when we setup the track. It goes from the race director booth to the board directly in front of it.
Are you boosting your motor or your transponder, Ivan?
Actually there's about a extra foot of loop passing over the board in question. Yes, and my extra boost is sure making me faster!

Originally Posted by hprt
Ivan,

sorry to have to do this, but I just got booked on a plane Sunday heading up to GP for work so I won't be able to make it out. I could possibly do a couple of hours in the morning, but I need to be at the airport for a noon flight.

Hopefully you can convince Miller or Jonesy or AJ to help out.
No problem Scott. It's called life. That's an excuse to come out on Friday night to race!!!

Originally Posted by E-BUSS
...of the new year. That's what you meant...right Ken?
Tell him BOSS!

Btw, someone (i don't know who) broke the TACTIC radio that powers the club mini sometime last week. Not good and didn't say anything.

Ivan
Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ivan, i have a tactic radio and reciever if the club wants it..
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALBOP
I believe I have one, brand new in package. I'll be at the track tonight until 6ish, I think I paid about $20 for it but that was a while ago.
Sorry Al, could'nt make it. Do you think we could meet somewhere before friday..? will you be around the pm hobby area?

Tony
Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PhatGuy
Sorry Al, could'nt make it. Do you think we could meet somewhere before friday..? will you be around the pm hobby area?

Tony
No problem, you have PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PhatGuy
Ivan, i have a tactic radio and reciever if the club wants it..
Sure! Can't say no if it's a good deal!

Thanks Tony,

Ivan
Old 01-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys,

I was thinking about coming out for the first time to CarCar tomorrow to see what its like but I have only a vta car that I run at Karz. I have a body that came with my ta05 vII kit (which I included a pic for you guys to see) and some touring tires that I think should work. But I thought before I come down there I would see if this is something that would be ok with everyone to run?

I don't really care if my 21.5 is way slower then the 17.5 guys as I just want to come out and have a good time.
Attached Thumbnails Carcar-chomp.jpg  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mean_Evo
Hey guys,

I was thinking about coming out for the first time to CarCar tomorrow to see what its like but I have only a vta car that I run at Karz. I have a body that came with my ta05 vII kit (which I included a pic for you guys to see) and some touring tires that I think should work. But I thought before I come down there I would see if this is something that would be ok with everyone to run?

I don't really care if my 21.5 is way slower then the 17.5 guys as I just want to come out and have a good time.
Hey Mean Evo,

You're more than welcome to come down to Carcar to race with your VTA and whatever body you want (within reason). We've had a few Karz guys actually do the same with their VTA cars and they actually run quite well with the touring cars. If you really want, you can put in the touring tires (and lower your ride height) and you'd even be a bit faster. Up to you. Bring your mini if you have one too.

Racing starts 6:30 pm. I think the track opens most likely by 5 pm so go early and get some practice in. If you have any question, ask anyone you see as everyone is pretty helpful or come see one of the execs (Eddy, Mike or Me).

Ivan
Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks Ivan, I think I will come down then. I will bring my vta body just incase but I will bring that body that I posted a pic of.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mean_Evo
Thanks Ivan, I think I will come down then. I will bring my vta body just incase but I will bring that body that I posted a pic of.

Thanks
Recommendation...take a picture of your car with that new body cause highly likely it will never look the same again after you race it!

Ivan
Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have that same Toyota Corolla body mounted on my Yok SD with that SP21.5 combo in it.

It just looks to pretty to run.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...rollagt009.jpg

Force India F1 colours.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the advice Ivan lol

That Toyota body looks really sweet. I have to paint my yet so its going to be one color lol. You can run the mirrors and wing too I assume?
Old 01-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone got some spare blues? I just picked up a set wednesday, but after 638 laps the first of them blew up, and the rest have ring of death...

-b
Old 01-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Another fun race night!

I have to say that I'm very impressed on how smooth they are running, your doing an excellent job.

Everyone appreciates your efforts and donated time.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

That was my first time out and I have to say it was a blast. Keep up the good work guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.