Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 12-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Hey Joe, cool new name !!

I like the idea of stop go, or 10 second penalties.

I think you lay out the rules, and expectations of driving standards then penalise when these are not adhered too.

For instance, the take out to gain the place, if the car who took the car in front out does not allow the place to be re-taken then penalise.
I actually think the standard over the past 2 weeks has in fact been the best I have known at the club, but like you say accidents can and will happen.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Things are getting better. Just try to remind people on a regular basis. If you give a stop and go to everyone that hack someone then we will lose some of the new racers that can't get around the track clean becuase the're tired of getting a penalty. There should be some slack for new drivers.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Truck Racing

Hey Guys;

Just doing a survey. How many guys would like to run a 19 turn class with truck bodys.

This is just a survey, don't get your panties in a not.
Just like to see what kind of intrest there is out there.

Please at this time don't post any complaints. Its just a survey at this time. There will be time for complaints latter.

Thanks.

Joe Racer
Old 12-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hacking

Don't get me wrong.

I don't want to apply the penilty for every hit that happens. Its not the rookies that concerns me the most. Its the better drivers that I have a concern with. Not passing at the right time or even drivers not moving over when they should. In a qually, everybody is running against the clock. Its not a "MAIN"

I also see alot of Hacking (hitting) in the mains. This has got to get under control or we will lose drivers. They don't want to come back to race if they are getting hacked out.

I have been hacked out races and I also hit other people when racing. But I also wait for that person that I just hit to re-pass me. then race agian. We must all make a clean pass.

I understand the rookies, the new guys and some of the lower calliber drivers have need more room on this. This would only apply for a deliberate take out.

Joe Racer
Old 12-16-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

what more ------------------------. Just kidding Joe. I'm sure you can get enough for a class.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's sounds good. If I remembered right didn't we start pro stock to make cleaner racing for people.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

put me down as a no for the truck 19 turn class.

And you are right, the sooner people realise that qualifying is exactly that, the better the level of the whole club will be !!
Mind you look at how many Calgary guys made the top finals at Edmonton ! we are doing well as a club.

As for new racers, well we all started somewhere, but I don't think having some rules and sticking to them will drive people away, on the contrary I think that enforcing the rules to try and bring the standard up will only serve to make it more appealing to more people.
Old 12-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One of the things that I noticed in our main on sunday was that the RD was not quite on the ball with the anouncing(you weren't running the race Joe, you do a great job). The RD needs to let us know some more important info than just position. I knew that I was racing against steve for position, and that I was ahead of him, but I didn't know if we were on the same lap or not. With a little clearer race calling we can make the racing cleaner. I try to make room when needed, but if I'm in a battle for position I won't give it to you.

Here's where it gets fuzzy, say stu and brian are a lap up on me and steve. They get around steve and now you have a 3 car train coming up on me. The problem comes in that if I move over for Brian and Stu, I am out of the line and it also allows steve to get past me taking my position on the track that I am racing steve for. This has happened many times to me, but for courtesy for the leaders, I let it go.

So what kind of solution do you guys have for this. To say thats racing is wrong tho, I should not have to lose position on the track due to courtesy for others. I like racing also. Should I let the leaders by and take out steve to maintain position so he can't take advantage, or do the leaders just have to lump it and realize that there are other races going on in the race besides theirs and wait?

Hacking penalties, if you rub door to door and no one loses control, thats racing. If you pile into someone from the side or back, stop and go 10 secs if you don't stop and let the car get back on track. If you break the other car, your race is over also. This is for deliberate smacks, the one where stu got me in the back on sunday wasn't his fault. I had been bumped into the boards and was trying to get back out when he came around the corner with momentum and tagged me.

I know new guys are hard to enforce this, but if they are made very aware of whats expected from them, they will try their best to drive clean.

Since the new year brings forth a new series, I would recommend not changing the track until then. If it gets changed prior to the new series, then those who run on it prior to eveyone else will have an unfair advantage.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

According to the schedule on the CARCAR website, the current series ends on January 18 and the next series starts on February 1.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Default looking for hpi's

Hey Guys;

I'm looking for a few HPI sports or even HPI Pro's or what have you for real cheap, and I mean cheap or even donate to the club.

What I'm trying to do is get new poeple out to the track and drive a car around. I know myself, when I saw the car going, I thought that looked like fun. But when I got to drive someones car for the first time, I was hooked. I also know alot of you out there were the same way.

I myself will donate, 2 radios, 2 stock motors, 8 battery packs, 2 recievers, 2 servo's and a old speed control. The stuff dosen't have to be in the best shape.

So if there is any one else that can help me out with this, please let me know.

I know there is going to be a few questions on this. So I will try to answer them before they are asked.

Q: Why should the club or myself do this.
A: Let people try this first hand. To bring more people out to the cluvb. Get some for new drivers.

Q: who is going to pay for parts and stuff.
A: going to charge a fee of $20.00 for the day. Customer would get a use of touring car, 5 battery packs (Charged) for the race day. $10.00 would go to the club for race fee's and $10.00 would go back to the car to buy spare parts, tires, bodys and stuff.

Q: How do I get to use a car.
A: The person that wants to use it for the day would have to book it by friday of that weekend. I then would charge the batts and get the car ready to go.

Q: Were are these guys going to race.
A: with us. They would be put in the lower heats. (rookie class)

If you have any more question on this, please drop me a line at [email protected] If you have any stuff to donate please let me know or what you have for sale.

Joe Racer
Old 12-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is anyone going to the track on the 28th? Will it be open?
Old 12-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

That'll probably be discussed this Sunday, the 21st. Are you getting some hot parts you want to try?
Old 12-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

No, I just need practice. You're getting too fast Colin. I got to try to keep ahead of you.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Open or Closed on the 28th.

For being open on the 28th of Dec.
I myself will not be openning the track.
Sorry guys. I will be in Victora that weekeen. And I dont get back till the 4 th of Jan. I will try and find out from Ian or Kerry if they are going to open the track. I'm almost positive that Kerry can't make it. Family stuff. But I will ask for ya's.

See you this sunday. And for all the guys that can't make have a great holidays.

Joe Raaaaaccccceeeerrrr.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Ophi, no problem there, you know I'm only halffast!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.