Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree176Likes

The Roadrunners RC Club V.2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

In my Ford Focus hatchback I can fit my 5ft folding table large RC gear bag 10x10 ezup chair anf my cars.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxican
In my Ford Focus hatchback I can fit my 5ft folding table large RC gear bag 10x10 ezup chair anf my cars.
I used to have a Focus and we once fit 3 guys, all our gear, tables, etc. The guy in the back didn't have much room but we made it to the track and back perfectly fine.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:14 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thought I would post this setup for the benefit of others. Thanks Wes for the below setup that will fit into a car..

This 6 foot table nicely folds in half and perfectly fits in the trunk of my Mustang. I put it in first, then my tool boxes and bags on top of it.
http://www.target.com/p/banquet-table/-/A-14324329

If you're more restricted on space, and/or dont need a full sized table this 4 footer will fit behind a seat. The only downside to these is they are a little more annoying to fold up and out.
http://www.target.com/p/4-folding-ba...e/-/A-15127167

Target also has a good variety of cheap folding chairs. Buy whatever comfort level you feel like spending on. I have personally found this to be the best bang for the buck:
http://www.target.com/p/folding-chai...k/-/A-15346610

This off brand EZ-up will fit sideways across my trunk. I put it in after the tool boxes and bags go on top of the folded table. It helps to keep everything from moving around.
http://www.target.com/p/quik-shade-e...e/-/A-16740382
Old 08-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

A big thank you to all of our racers who came out and made this years Golden State and the R/C Cars for Paws races successful. We raised over $500 for the Ventura County Animal Shelter. Club meeting tonight Rondtable Pizza in the Camarillo Kmart shopping center 7:30pm.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

On Road Summer Series Race #3: This Sunday is race #3 of our 8 race series. We need to try something different this week. Let's get a roll call of how many drivers want a Saturday practice. Let me know thru PM ,text ,FB, or Email and if we get 10 drivers we will make sure the track is ready otherwise we will setup Sunday morning. Also the points are up on our website www.roadrunnersrc.com.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Some of us count on the entire race weekend as a time to get away and relax. For me the environment in Camarillo is a little slice of heaven and a welcomed retreat from the city. This seems like something that should be up for discussion before implementing it. And if the thought is for it to be discussed at one of the meetings the issue there is that not everyone can make it to a meeting due to timing and location. We understand why Marvin does this because he is a for-profit offering but we are a club so the money generated from practice isn't an issue. By my estimation we just about always tend to have at least 10 guys on Saturdays. Some guys decide to come out last minute and trying to implement something like this will be stifling. Some of us only get 4 days a month to run, please don't rob us of 2 days.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zoni
On Road Summer Series Race #3: This Sunday is race #3 of our 8 race series. We need to try something different this week. Let's get a roll call of how many drivers want a Saturday practice. Let me know thru PM ,text ,FB, or Email and if we get 10 drivers we will make sure the track is ready otherwise we will setup Sunday morning. Also the points are up on our website www.roadrunnersrc.com.
Im in for Saturday practice.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got started racing at RR back in 02, back then the boards used to be left out so anyone could go any day of the week and practice. I stopped racing there because I race gas cars, now I'm looking to get an electric car for when I can't drive to Gardena. Why is it that the boards are not left outside anymore?
Old 08-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I got started racing at RR back in 02, back then the boards used to be left out so anyone could go any day of the week and practice. I stopped racing there because I race gas cars, now I'm looking to get an electric car for when I can't drive to Gardena. Why is it that the boards are not left outside anymore?
The boards are are accessible. One must remember we are in a public park and to leave them on the track has had unfavorable results. Glad to hear you getting back into electric rc. Come by this weekend and check us out.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Some of us count on the entire race weekend as a time to get away and relax. For me the environment in Camarillo is a little slice of heaven and a welcomed retreat from the city. This seems like something that should be up for discussion before implementing it. And if the thought is for it to be discussed at one of the meetings the issue there is that not everyone can make it to a meeting due to timing and location. We understand why Marvin does this because he is a for-profit offering but we are a club so the money generated from practice isn't an issue. By my estimation we just about always tend to have at least 10 guys on Saturdays. Some guys decide to come out last minute and trying to implement something like this will be stifling. Some of us only get 4 days a month to run, please don't rob us of 2 days.
I have your ESC. Remind me.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I'm in for Saturday. Got a lot of wrenching to do.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Initiate

lucky i didn't book my room yet for sat !!!!!Im in for sat

Last edited by Johnson.T626; 08-09-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm in for saturday too. I have to agree with Fred also. We really don't have a permanent track to get to to practice. Race days don't give you much track time. We don't have many opportunities to get in practice. I would hate to lose saturday practice sessions because we fell one or two racers short of ten. Cam is nice to get away to also.

Just my opinion

Oliver
Old 08-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you all for your quick replies. We will have Saturday practice as usual but I will need some help. There is football practice in the field next to the track which makes washing Friday night next to impossible. I will be there at 9am to start the process. So come out early and give me a hand. See you all Saturday morning.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by Zoni
Thank you all for your quick replies. We will have Saturday practice as usual but I will need some help. There is football practice in the field next to the track which makes washing Friday night next to impossible. I will be there at 9am to start the process. So come out early and give me a hand. See you all Saturday morning.

sweet.... room is booked

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.