Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree176Likes

The Roadrunners RC Club V.2

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnsonthai
ill be there..13.5 and Rrgt
+1
Old 07-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'm in!
Old 07-27-2014, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

Smile Re: Onroad Points Series Race Sun. 7/27/14

Racers,

What a great day of racing! It was a warm one here in Camarillo, but didn't keep people from having a good time! Thank you to Greg Campion, Fred Hubbard, Kyle Goodwine, and Phil Goodwine for washing and prepping the track. The 13.5 and 17.5 TC classes are getting very competitive with some really close battles. Thank you to all of you who came out and helped picked up the track. Oliver Clipper, Tigran Martikyan, Everette Campbell, Wesley Yamada, Mike O'Daniel, Jorge Parga, and anyone I may have missed that helped. It is a prime example for these club members and non-members support of the club! Hope to see you all again soon!

This is what has kept the Roadrunner's RC club thriving for 40 years of racing!

"Remember, a club is only as strong as it's members!"

Thanks,
Old 08-04-2014, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Is the off road track available to the public again now that Golden State is over? If not, is there anything that I can help with to get things wrapped up? I was hoping to help earlier but couldn't find the time (until now) with a newborn in the house.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashaholic
Is the off road track available to the public again now that Golden State is over? If not, is there anything that I can help with to get things wrapped up? I was hoping to help earlier but couldn't find the time (until now) with a newborn in the house.
August 8th,track will be open again for use.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Why so long?
Old 08-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Because, there are things that need to be finished that could not be done in time for the big race.
Are you a regular club racer?
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

No I am not a regular club racer. A couple people asked me why the track was still closed and when it would re-open.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jammin684
No I am not a regular club racer. A couple people asked me why the track was still closed and when it would re-open.

Well, all I can tell you is that the track will be closed til at least the 8th.

There are other track you can go to, Hot Rods, Santa Barbara.

It's amazing that people(non club members and general public) seem to feel in titled to the off-road track.
Even though it's a public park, both tracks are operated and maintained by the roadrunners club members.
Whenever the club goes out to work on the off-road track,"Joe Public" sees the tools come out and they flee.......
Then when the track is closed for a rebuild there is the club members out there doing all the work.
"JOE PUBLIC" is no where to be found.......

Sound frustrated,yes, we(the club) become very frustrated when the off-road track is used all week long and beaten up and then we have to fix it in order to hold club races.

So, if the track is closed for any reason, it's the clubs decision to do so.
Thanks
Greg
Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

keep an eye open here and on our facebook page for work party schedule. We will be needing help painting and getting a roof installed on the timing tower and tying up loose ends.

Originally Posted by onearmbandit

It's amazing that people(non club members and general public) seem to feel in titled to the off-road track.
Even though it's a public park, both tracks are operated and maintained by the roadrunners club members.
Whenever the club goes out to work on the off-road track,"Joe Public" sees the tools come out and they flee.......
Then when the track is closed for a rebuild there is the club members out there doing all the work.

Sound frustrated,yes, we(the club) become very frustrated when the off-road track is used all week long and beaten up and then we have to fix it in order to hold club races.

Thanks
Greg
Well said Greg.
Its also very frustrating when our own members don't come out to help. But they are the first to complain about things. Its always the same 7-10 members out there helping on rebuilds and track maintenance.
"Joe Public" just doesn't understand that the track is maintained by us RoadRunners they think its magically repaired for them to abuse. They need to be educated to respect the track and read the park rules posted.

thx
Carlos
Old 08-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Maxxican
keep an eye open here and on our facebook page for work party schedule. We will be needing help painting and getting a roof installed on the timing tower and tying up loose ends.

thx
Carlos
I will. Any idea which day that might be? I am going to try to make the club meeting next Monday. Not a member but most likely going to join.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks
Greg
Thank you for saying this Greg. I personally am tired of seeing offroad folks who don't care enough to be a club member complain about the track being closed. Like Greg pointed out just because our track is in a public park it is controlled by our club. At the very least have some respect and at least contribute to the maintenance of the track if you aren't going to support it monetarily!!!

EDIT: And I have to add, I watched the same core folks do all the work to make the track better by building the new drivers stand/timing tower and track and I thought it was absolutely beyond shameful that all of you who run on that track couldn't spare some time to help them!!! Pathetic!!!!!

Last edited by Fred Hubbard; 08-05-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I will. Any idea which day that might be? I am going to try to make the club meeting next Monday. Not a member but most likely going to join.
Sorry no date yet. Everyone is burned out and taking a few days to recover from a month of hard labor and the stress of the big race this past weekend.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Even though it's a public park,
If the city was told that the club members would be amazed that the public wanted to use the track, the land use would never have been granted. This is a very poor attitude.

both tracks are operated and maintained by the roadrunners club members.
As per the agreement with the city for free use of the land.

As a non-club member, I find the club doing a pretty poor job communicating with the public regarding the track maintenance and closures. There is no schedule posted at the track and there dont seemed to be regularly scheduled work parties.

If you expect Joe Basher with his Slash to hunt around on the forums, Facebook page, and Roadrunners website to figure out how to help, you are going to be pretty disappointed.

Want to see how hard it is? The track has been closed for a month. Look at this thread, the Facebook page, and the Roadrunners website and show me where the public would have looked to find out the time/date they could head out to help. Now, after you find the few instances, notice they were under a day of advanced notice. Do you expect Joe Basher to check several times per day to see if he can come out and help?

You sound like you are frustrated that the public is using the public park. Do you expect inexperienced RC drivers to no beat up the track? If this was not the expected behavior of the public, perhaps the club should seek private land.

The public is also frustrated when they go to use a local track and find out that is going to closed for 10% of the year right smack in the middle of summer vacation.

Thanks
Greg
And if management of the land by the club is not in the public's best interest, the land use will probably be revoked.

I started using the track a few months ago and have considered becoming a club member because I would like to support the local track with my money and time. I will not be a member of a club that uses public land and doesnt want to share the land with the public.

I think better communication with the public would help a lot. There are always going to be some people that tear up the track and dont care about anyone else. Most RC folks I have met at the track are really nice people that would probably like to help out.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

They do a good job with what they have remember that all their time in DONATED, and when it is open its FREE to practice.

Oh and your welcome for the bigger track with no oval

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 3.87 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.