TQ RC RACING in Chino, California >

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree348Likes

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
We will have 2015 TQ Carpet Championship Summer Series Round 5 on this Sunday with brand new layout.

Track will be open at 8am, Race will start at 10am.

Thanks.
You are going to need to step up your F1 game this weekend Sean !

Panda
Old 07-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey guys, thinking about getting giving carpet a try. Never done it and the last touring car i had was before Lipos so its been a while. Any suggestions for a a car and class to just try it out?
Old 07-15-2015, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Hey guys, thinking about getting giving carpet a try. Never done it and the last touring car i had was before Lipos so its been a while. Any suggestions for a a car and class to just try it out?
Tamiya, X-Ray, Associated, Yokomo, ARC and VBC all regularly run at TQ and the track supports with parts for all. GT Sedan is fun with open tire rule on spoke wheels and a GT body (no pure TC bodies like the Blitz or Protoform LTC-R's or Mazda 6) and 17.5 motors. TC sedan uses Jaco Blur premiums tires as the spec tire and have 17.5 Sportsman and 13.5 Expert class. You should come out this Sunday as it is round 5 of the TQ Summer points series so you will see a good variety of classes.

Panda
Old 07-16-2015, 01:24 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

From what I've seen - the price vs. quality/performance of the ARC R10 seems to be really good, I know I've been super happy with mine. The owner of TQ runs ARC cars himself, which means you'll always have setup support and parts on the wall.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
You are going to need to step up your F1 game this weekend Sean !

Panda
Yes, I'll have my F1 ready this Sunday
Old 07-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

If you want to try first, Spec-R S2 or 3racing XI Sports will be good for you.

Spec-R S2 is out of stock, will be back in stock soon.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=7718

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6163

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi guys, I'm actually in the same boat as the previous poster DG Designs. I have zero experience with on road racing and my last electric car was a TA-03F pro almost 20 years ago when I was a kid that was used just for bashing. I just discovered that TQ was 7 miles from home so I got the itch again.
I'm currently waiting on delivery of the TB-04R I ordered. Are there any tips you can share that I should keep in mind as I build the kit particularly for this track?

Thanks
Mark
Old 07-16-2015, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed_dmon
Hi guys, I'm actually in the same boat as the previous poster DG Designs. I have zero experience with on road racing and my last electric car was a TA-03F pro almost 20 years ago when I was a kid that was used just for bashing. I just discovered that TQ was 7 miles from home so I got the itch again.
I'm currently waiting on delivery of the TB-04R I ordered. Are there any tips you can share that I should keep in mind as I build the kit particularly for this track?

Thanks
Mark
Shim the gears as close you can without binding. Build the shocks , take your time do them right. Don't super tourq the screws down.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks
Mark
When buying any replacement or hop-up parts, think about if you are going to race any of the Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) races. They hold a regional each year at the Tamiya R&D track in Aliso Viejo in March and at TQ in May and the Tamiya Nationals in Aliso Viejo in August. If you intend to race TCS with the car also, you need to stick to Tamiya parts. If no intention, you can replace or hop-up with non-Tamiya brand parts.

If you are free this Sunday, would encourage you and DG Designs to come by the track for round #5 of the TQ Summer Series. You can see all the classes raced and most of the people are pretty friendly to ask questions as long as they are not thrashing to repair a car for their next heat.

Panda
Old 07-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
When buying any replacement or hop-up parts, think about if you are going to race any of the Tamiya Championship Series (TCS) races. They hold a regional each year at the Tamiya R&D track in Aliso Viejo in March and at TQ in May and the Tamiya Nationals in Aliso Viejo in August. If you intend to race TCS with the car also, you need to stick to Tamiya parts. If no intention, you can replace or hop-up with non-Tamiya brand parts.

If you are free this Sunday, would encourage you and DG Designs to come by the track for round #5 of the TQ Summer Series. You can see all the classes raced and most of the people are pretty friendly to ask questions as long as they are not thrashing to repair a car for their next heat.

Panda

Thanks xsracer and panda for the tips. I will swing by on Sunday to watch some races. Actually I did do a a little research regarding the TCS and its what sort of influenced me to stick to a tamiya chassis. That and I was feeling nostalgic since my only other electric cars were tamiyas back in the mid 90's (I actually just bought the rerelease of the ta02sw as well).

With regard to the suspension, will the stock spring rates and oil weight of the tb04 suffice or should those be substituted right off the bat?
Old 07-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spring71
If you want to try first, Spec-R S2 or 3racing XI Sports will be good for you.

Spec-R S2 is out of stock, will be back in stock soon.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=7718

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=6163

Thanks.
Thanks. Looks like you can upgrade it all the way to the Pro Spec car can't you? I love tinkering so thats all me. By the way what is the difference between the S1 and S2? I went by tonight by the way. Made me want one that much more! Just looking for a car now. Might try and find a used Xray as well. Its about the only brand I've never had so if anyone has a T2 or a T3 laying around let me know.
One more thing does anyone run shorty packs or does that throw everything off balance wise
Old 07-17-2015, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Thanks xsracer and panda for the tips. I will swing by on Sunday to watch some races. Actually I did do a a little research regarding the TCS and its what sort of influenced me to stick to a tamiya chassis. That and I was feeling nostalgic since my only other electric cars were tamiyas back in the mid 90's (I actually just bought the rerelease of the ta02sw as well).

With regard to the suspension, will the stock spring rates and oil weight of the tb04 suffice or should those be substituted right off the bat?
Save your money for now. Use the the stock shock oil. A set of springs is always a good idea to have, I would get a set so you can tune a bit at the track.I have the TB04 Pro 2. Runs nice and it's a good car for both 17.5 and 21.5 GT10 class. It's also pretty durable, a bit on the heavy side. Aluminum rotating parts can be added later. Have fun with all the tuning stuff on the car first.Camber,ride hight,toe angles,DROOP. Hope this helps.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Thanks everyone for racing at TQ today.

We had 32 racers and 47 entries, and great battles.

Thanks again, see you guys next race.

Click here to see the race results.

Click here to see the point standings.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like I'm either picking up a 417X or a VBC D06. (suggestions are appreciated) Maybe ill be ready for the next series!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great race day Sean. See you next week for some practice.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.