TQ RC RACING in Chino, California >

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree348Likes

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks for cominig out an racing at TQ.

We had 41 racers and 67entries.

Next race will be in Aug 31st due to the TCS Final at Tamiya track.

Thanks Panda for anouncing Mini and Expert calss for me, I had a blast.

Click here to see the race restults.

Click Here to see the points standings.

Please, let me know if there is any mistake.

The videos will be up soon.

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default 8-10-14 Pics

Had Fun Checking things out. Think I'm going to have to make a 12th scale comeback and battle Dave Berger....

Click on the picture to view more from yesterdays action

Old 08-11-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default GT10 NSX Body

Can't locate a Tamiya NSX body. Is there an equal alternative. Would the HPI NSX be equal?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Rugspin
Had Fun Checking things out. Think I'm going to have to make a 12th scale comeback and battle Dave Berger....

Click on the picture to view more from yesterdays action

Bring it SteveO

Nice pics
Old 08-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

My F1 car is just about done - only need to paint and assemble the body and I will be ready to run with you guys!

On a semi-related note, because TQ RC Racing stocks so many different touring car brands, that opens up a lot of possibilities for running in the sedan classes. Which cars do most of the regulars run? I'm eyeing the Spec-R R1, XRAY T4, and Associated TC 6.2. However , if a certain chassis has more people running it, that makes it more appealing to me because I can ask for advice on setup, etc. I'm operating under the assumption that all three cars have similar parts availability. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pauly6401
On a semi-related note, because TQ RC Racing stocks so many different touring car brands, that opens up a lot of possibilities for running in the sedan classes. Which cars do most of the regulars run? I'm eyeing the Spec-R R1, XRAY T4, and Associated TC 6.2. However , if a certain chassis has more people running it, that makes it more appealing to me because I can ask for advice on setup, etc. I'm operating under the assumption that all three cars have similar parts availability. Thanks!
I say get a 6.2.

Associated, XRay, ARC would be the top 3 cars to get. Lots of parts that are stock in the shop.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

The Associated was at the top of my list until I started reading up on the Spec-R R1. XRAY has always intrigued me, but it's really hard to drop that kind of money on a kit when the others are just as capable.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Pauly6401
The Associated was at the top of my list until I started reading up on the Spec-R R1. XRAY has always intrigued me, but it's really hard to drop that kind of money on a kit when the others are just as capable.
All cars are capable
Very few remain capable after hard use (abuse)

X-Ray have perhaps the most robust support system in the industry, the included setup/build instructions separate this kit from the rest

Tamiya ARC, & AE cars are very capable as well, if you plan to lay down a lot of laps, a quality kit will pay dividends
Old 08-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gomnadz
I say get a 6.2.
100%

Old 08-12-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Had a blast again this past weekend! Huge thanks to everyone at TQ for making it so enjoyable. I felt like I made good progress during practice on Saturday, but it was the setup tips from Edgar that really transformed the car. Without those tips I wouldn't have made my first A-Main at TQ!

Also two shout outs for Dave Berger. First trying to fix my body after an altercation during the second qualifier, and second for showing me the fast lines during the A-Main. Having someone that fast to follow allowed me to real in some of the other cars after my slow start, and actually pass them to finish 5th.

Final note, those pics are awesome. You made my all green, mounted, sprayed, and detailed at the Motel 6 body look amazing. The gray scale one is especially cool!

Thanks again for the great weekend,
James B.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Tamiya ARC, & AE cars are very capable as well, if you plan to lay down a lot of laps, a quality kit will pay dividends

Knew I forgot a manufacture, Tamiya is a good car as well.

Like RedBull said, get a good quality kit will pay off in the long run.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

The Associated will most likely be what I get, unless a used XRAY in good condition pops up for sale somewhere.

And AZ Wolfie's words up above make me even more excited to get out and run with you guys! Can't wait!
Old 08-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Here are the videos from last race.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Thank you Sean/Frank

Always appreciate the extra stuff you guys do
Even though I don't say it often enough
Old 08-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Frank,
Here is the spreadsheet I was talking about to find the right combination of gear ratios.
Since the IIC Spec class rule was you couldn’t go below a 4.50 ratio, anything illegal I colored in red, the combos that are exact or close are in green.
The TC6.2 motor mount has a 17 tooth range, so this calculates the final drive ratio for all the pinon/spur combinations that will fit.
Hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IICgears.pdf (73.2 KB, 138 views)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.