Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SanDiego/NorthCounty/SanMarcos,CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Company Representative

Good times yesterday everyone. As CB pointed out it was a nice reminder of how it used to be. Now that I dusted off the R/C stuff I'll have to make another trip up to race soon and to hit up one of Charlies races again. It's been YEARS!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRENDAN LUGO
Good times yesterday everyone. As CB pointed out it was a nice reminder of how it used to be. Now that I dusted off the R/C stuff I'll have to make another trip up to race soon and to hit up one of Charlies races again. It's been YEARS!
Yeah, def been Fun Bren!~ I still think i passed you bro...Good times man! I can't wait till the next one.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Yeah, def been Fun Bren!~ I still think i passed you bro...Good times man! I can't wait till the next one.
You may have, had you not dotted your self off the track into the drivers.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Out of town Racers

Wow ! I missed it I was out of Town doing some off road racing with Joel at the 23rd Annual Cactus Classic. Just a little warm only in the 80's. I did get a tan it's all good.

Mark, Charlie thanks for coming down, I'm glad you had fun, I hope Mike didn't school you to bad did he?

Next Sunday DHW come on back.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

TWEB .. you missed a very good race day . Hope you and joel had a good trip . you would not believe how much fun it was . just like the good ol days of racing .. Mike was on the money , butt we were like bad scool kids giving him hell ... .. hope to make it back out there soon . i here DHW is the place to be ...Great times ..
Old 03-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BRENDAN LUGO
You may have, had you not dotted your self off the track into the drivers.
Hey..that wasn't me! Mike had his own problems getting hit by oncoming cars!!! it don't matter..it was still fun as hell driving AROUND the track! My Cyclone really woke up and worked REALLY good. I miss racing and wrenching man..and seeing the improvements on the car as i changed things....Good times. Ill be at CP On Saturday and HT Corona on Sunday. But you bet on the 3rd weekend...ill be back.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

here's a couple of pics I took during practice, last sunday.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone watnt a off road B4 buggy or a T4 for a on road car? I used to race at hobby town years ago when they ran Nitro also. I reall want to get back into it but Electric but no avail funds but I have extra off road cars. I give both for a good on road or one for a stock on road.

Last edited by Krupted; 07-15-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey all, I really enjoyed racing my RC18T there last week and I will be there next time also. One question for all you 1/10 TC racers...what kind of cars is everyone running? I liked racing so much that I want to get a 1/10 TC so I can run in more than one race. Just getting an idea of what I should look for...thanks in advance...

Mark
Old 03-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by H.A.H.
here's a couple of pics I took during practice, last sunday.

Great pix and thanx for a good times guys,....Barden and I will be back....to beat up on Bren and Rydwell again! haha
Old 03-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mlight13
Hey all, I really enjoyed racing my RC18T there last week and I will be there next time also. One question for all you 1/10 TC racers...what kind of cars is everyone running? I liked racing so much that I want to get a 1/10 TC so I can run in more than one race. Just getting an idea of what I should look for...thanks in advance...

Mark
MY car.. with the white body was a TC5 .. CB was running a Cyclone .. you can look at Tamiya also .. I had a blast racing there ...And cant wait til then .. Im sure Tweb and the rest of the boys will be there too . just makes for even more fun ...
Old 03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krupted
Anyone watnt a off road B4 buggy or a T4 for a on road car? I used to race at hobby town years ago when they ran Nitro also. I reall want to get back into it but Electric but no avail funds but I have extra off road cars. I give both for a good on road or one for a stock on road.
Hi, you have PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlight13

Mark
That's what's great about on road- so many great choices. hard to really go wrong. TC5r is the most popular. I would stay away from LOSI and any type of carpet chassis cars. These chassis are way to stiff for parking lot racing unless you have superman set up skills and run new tires every week Great cars for parking lots and entry level set up skills are Tamiya TA05R and Cyclone sport because they have plastic chassis that creates lots of traction. Happy racing!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
That's what's great about on road- so many great choices. hard to really go wrong. TC5r is the most popular. I would stay away from LOSI and any type of carpet chassis cars. These chassis are way to stiff for parking lot racing unless you have superman set up skills and run new tires every week Great cars for parking lots and entry level set up skills are Tamiya TA05R and Cyclone sport because they have plastic chassis that creates lots of traction. Happy racing!
Mike, thanks for the info. I was sort of already looking at the TA05-IFS and the Cyclone S, but how would a TC4 compare to those? I know it has a shaft drive which is different than the others. I am on a tight budget an I don't want to spend big money on a car that I really want (TC5R). I just want something that is durable when it crashes and competitive during races.

Mark
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

shaft drive = hara pro4

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.