Search

SanDiego/NorthCounty/SanMarcos,CA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mlight13
Mike, thanks for the info. I was sort of already looking at the TA05-IFS and the Cyclone S, but how would a TC4 compare to those? I know it has a shaft drive which is different than the others. I am on a tight budget an I don't want to spend big money on a car that I really want (TC5R). I just want something that is durable when it crashes and competitive during races.

Mark
If you get a really good deal on a Tc4 then that might be the way to go. Danny Egger runs his all the time and he is usually top 3 a-main. All you have to do is remove the chassis stiffening posts to get a more flexy chassis, run AE green springs w/ no sway bars and you should be good. You want to also drop a spool in front but make sure the gears are properly shimmed and bring extra diff gears just in case
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

whens the next race?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

I was at Hobby Town on Sunday and they are racing on the 29th.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hobbytown is having racing on the 29th, but so is DHW. I heard DHW postponed yesterday's race until next Sunday (29th) due to the rain. Choices...choices...Hobbytown or DHW. I'm more for the smaller turnout since I'm new to racing, so I'll be at Hobbytown!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

dang that sucks having them both on the same day. Does hobby town have a set schedule - is it every other week or the last sunday of the month or just TBA. I wanna make it up some time but Im probably gonna do discount because its close and i like the competition
Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys,
I live in North county (La Costa). Anyone have a good spot to run around here or know of a good spot? I just picked up a DM1 pro and looking for a place to run. Thinking about trying out the DelMar fairgrounds parking lot. Anyone run 1/8 scale?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Hey friends, I'm racing for the first time on Sunday at Hobbytown and was wonder if rubber or foam tires are the way to go? I own a TC3 with a stock motor.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krupted
Hey friends, I'm racing for the first time on Sunday at Hobbytown and was wonder if rubber or foam tires are the way to go? I own a TC3 with a stock motor.
rubber tire (rp30's) are very good at hobbytown ..IMO .. the track isn't smooth enought for foam ....
Old 03-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mb racer
rubber tire (rp30's) are very good at hobbytown ..IMO .. the track isn't smooth enought for foam ....
AGREED, RP30 or Sorex 32/36 Clean them with buggy grip and heat them up before each run and the tires will be dialed.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MikeR
AGREED, RP30 or Sorex 32/36 Clean them with buggy grip and heat them up before each run and the tires will be dialed.
Thanks that helps alot. See you Sunday.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Great race today. My Slash was running like crap but I'm going to fix it and put it up for sale. Raced my on road car for the first time today and did pretty good. I finish 2nd in the main. Loved the track layout. See you guys in a month on the next race date.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Company Representative

Is there an official schedule for the races?
Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BRENDAN LUGO
Is there an official schedule for the races?
Its ever other Sunday. Next would be held on the Apr. 12th. but thats Easter so the next one is on Apr. 26th. But I'm not sure if he is going to cancel the 12th. day or not.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking hobbytown san marcos

i raced there on sunday for the first time ever ive never raced before anywere
i was nervous as hell about makeing people mad crashing other cars .. but i was greeted by a buch of really nice people there and pretty much made to feel at home it was a experience ill never forget.. i had a lot of fun and at the end of the day i helped the nice kid who ran the races clean up the track and load up his durango and shook his hand for putting it on for us and told him im comming back for sure on the next race ..and i will also one of the guys i met out there was racing in the mini class i belive his name was chuck gave me some tips to do to my mini cooper RTR to make it better well of corse i forgot so im hopeing he is on here and sees this so he can tell me again so i can make my mini perform better as in what parts to buy thanks again for a amazeing day
Old 03-31-2009, 06:57 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by trailer_trash
i raced there on sunday for the first time ever ive never raced before anywere
i was nervous as hell about makeing people mad crashing other cars .. but i was greeted by a buch of really nice people there and pretty much made to feel at home it was a experience ill never forget.. i had a lot of fun and at the end of the day i helped the nice kid who ran the races clean up the track and load up his durango and shook his hand for putting it on for us and told him im comming back for sure on the next race ..and i will also one of the guys i met out there was racing in the mini class i belive his name was chuck gave me some tips to do to my mini cooper RTR to make it better well of corse i forgot so im hopeing he is on here and sees this so he can tell me again so i can make my mini perform better as in what parts to buy thanks again for a amazeing day

I don't think Chuck is on here, so just ask him again next time you see him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.