Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with 90MustangLx

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
meno, If I sold you a 1:1 car on ebay and told you it was fully functional with a "few scratches", would you be happy when it showed up with "I'm a cheating MOFO" keyed into the side by a crazed ex-girlfriend? Technically it's a functioning car with a "few scratches" right?

Obviously the missing "button" and crappy wires should have been disclosed, you can't tell me the seller didn't know about them
Sadly, I've owned a car that fits that description For the right price, I wouldn't mind as much.

Well, with the right pics requested by the buyer, that wouldn't/shouldn't happen, which is why I never commit to buying something without any/proper pics. As far as defects that are unknown to the buyer because a lack of responsibility from the seller, it's something that plagues the used market. I agree 100%, those things should have been disclosed to the seller, I'm just not sure whether it is necessarily a case of 'item not as described' so much as 'item not described well'.

Price plays a pretty big role in my eyes. If the esc was bought for significantly less than other used escs of the same model, I would deal with the added flaws. That's just my view.

OP: If you payed the same price as other escs are selling for without these flaws, and the set up button works like I think it should, I'd request a partial refund for what you feel would compensate for the flaws and leave a neutral for the item not being described well. Again, that's just my opinion.

You do what you feel is right, as the seller has neglected to 1. inform you of the actual condition of the item (which should include both cosmetic and functional) and 2. reply to you, seemingly blatantly

Last edited by meno1103; 05-22-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

The car works but you need a screwdriver to start it.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
It's not a screwdriver, it's called a master key.

All joking aside, I'm sure paypal will side with you. While the wires may not be a huge deal and probably won't affect performance, the missing programming button definitely will. Maybe you can program it with a small screwdriver or something of that nature, but considering we're not in the early 90's anymore, you shouldn't have to touch any part of an esc with a foreign object. Just plain bad business IMO.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
It's not a screwdriver, it's called a master key.

All joking aside, I'm sure paypal will side with you. While the wires may not be a huge deal and probably won't affect performance, the missing programming button definitely will. Maybe you can program it with a small screwdriver or something of that nature, but considering we're not in the early 90's anymore, you shouldn't have to touch any part of an esc with a foreign object. Just plain bad business IMO.
Just to be difficult, I disagree. Many ESC's cannot be programmed with your "fingers". I use my 1.5mm wrench to do almost all of my programming.

Definitely not saying that the seller is correct in this case, but from a functionality perspective, I think the switch probably works just fine. I know I have repaired many ESC/Servo/etc wires with solder and heat shrink, but these defects were not disclosed and the lack of communication is just the final nail in the coffin to me. Just wanted to point out that using "foreign objects" to program ESC's is not lmiited to the 90's. This is the LRP Flow (new ESC in the last year) and the power switch with programming button used on some Speed Passion ESC's (including my Cirtix).

Old 05-23-2013, 09:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Questions?? Feedback...

So when should I leave feedback ...... Guessing when the Claim is done.
I hope he just refunds... we can end this.

Last edited by XXXDad; 05-23-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Doesn't the LRP esc come with a tool for programming?

That Speed Passion switch looks just like the one on my old Novak GTB. Never had to use any objects to program it, just my finger tip. The one in question here is recessed so far that you can't reach it without some kind of object. I don't think any of it is a really big deal if the esc functions properly, but it's surely not how it's supposed to be and was never mentioned in the ad. That's the part I would have a problem with.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That on/off switch in the picture above is also the same exact switch the Hobbywing comes with and is also the same thing as the Orion switch just the Orion swich has the nice black case on the outside and that little plastic piece thats missing on your switch.

I wouldn't worry too much if you can use a 1.5mm hex driver to push on the red button to program and it still programs the ESC is probably fine. Hobbywing/Orion are the best ESC's on the market IMO. You can get a new on/off switch like you see in the picture from Hobby Wing it will look like that not with the black box, and you can solder on a new rx lead at the same time. Try to get a partial refund if the seller is being a pos, and if he tries to totally ignore you at least you won't be out an ESC totally.

If you need help Glenn soldering anything up or getting a hold of the new on/off switch PM me and I'll help you out, I have been to many of the same races as you just running different classes, I'll help get it soldered up for you.

Andy
Old 05-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
Doesn't the LRP esc come with a tool for programming?

That Speed Passion switch looks just like the one on my old Novak GTB. Never had to use any objects to program it, just my finger tip. The one in question here is recessed so far that you can't reach it without some kind of object. I don't think any of it is a really big deal if the esc functions properly, but it's surely not how it's supposed to be and was never mentioned in the ad. That's the part I would have a problem with.
Not that I am aware of on the LRP. They have a USB firmware update cable, but not sure you can do the actual settings with it. I only have older units, SXX Stock and TC specs, but I always use a wrench to puch the buttons.

Maybe it is just where I mount the switches, or my sausage fingers hehe.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Hmm...sounds suspiciously like an 1984 RX-7 I used to own.

On another note, When people describe things that are for sale, often times ideas of what are just a few scratches and dings and whatnot, vary widely between people. And sometimes even the pics don't tell the complete story.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

That's why when the customer is unhappy, and rightfully so, you do what you can as a seller to make it right. .02
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

^^That's true. What I meant was its always buyer beware on used items.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Wink You must be a Ninja...

Originally Posted by Nitro_Ninja
^^That's true. What I meant was its always buyer beware on used items.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Before long racer will come up with a scale and descriptions of conditions for each level, it's sad if it has to come to that but.....

Either that or racer is gonna be like Helen Keller at a piņata party with his ban hammer.....just swinging away
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

well one flag here is the guy is getting out . he dont care as long as he gets money for his junk . looked like a beaver ate the wires
Old 05-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Feedback in this case should be obvious for everyone..

1. The wires are hammered, that's something that should have clearly been mentioned.
2. Missing button, whether you need it for the esc to function or not, it too should have been mentioned. Another "no-brainer"
3. It's taking PP involvement to get any type of resolution to this.

Oh negatorro I say.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.