Problem with 90MustangLx

Reply

Old 05-21-2013, 05:25 AM
  #1  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (195)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs down Problem with 90MustangLx

I Payed for a Orion R10 Pro ESC Receved it quickly but shipped in a Padded envelope.
The ESC still has two sided tape on it and some poorly soldered blue wires pictured below. He mentioned tape was on a wire to fold it to make it shorter.



When I removed tape, I found bare wire on the On/Off Calabration lead.
Also missing completely is the Set Up Button located on the On/Off switch.
The capasitor also has a cut wire.
No Fan.....
I promply Requested a refund. He said it works, that I should read all the manuals and reprogram everthing.
I replyed: I have 4- Orion R10 Pro 's and just installed one today . None looked like yours or was missing parts..
Cant program Trigger _ neutral/foward/brake
I want a Refund!
So far no Responce.
I filed with Paypal!

Here are the bad wires below and missing Button.





I expect a full refund PLEASE!

Last edited by XXXDad; 05-21-2013 at 02:17 PM.
XXXDad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (101)
 
MitchellY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,601
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Unfortunately Paypal doesn't deal with items not being in the condition as stated. At least last time I checked they don't, but nevertheless, 90MustangLX should do the RIGHT thing and refund you.
MitchellY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
  #3  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,985
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MitchellY View Post
Unfortunately Paypal doesn't deal with items not being in the condition as stated. At least last time I checked they don't, but nevertheless, 90MustangLX should do the RIGHT thing and refund you.
check again.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:42 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (101)
 
MitchellY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,601
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
check again.
Checked and I guess I was mistaken
MitchellY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (188)
 
Type_R_Henry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,162
Trader Rating: 188 (100%+)
Default PayPal

PayPal will refund you your $$$ if the item isn't received as it was agreed upon. So you have the upper hand here with pics as evidence. Well hope you get your $$$ back.
Type_R_Henry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:14 PM
  #6  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (195)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Exclamation Thank you

So do I.
I sent him a link to this .... and Paypal has contacted him.
I hope we can resolve this in a timely mannor.
First time this happens to me.
XXXDad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
crash118s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

That looks like crap.. .just saying

Last edited by racer1812; 05-21-2013 at 02:22 PM.
crash118s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (195)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Unhappy He was here on Rctech today 2pm

Still nothing from him.... Might have to leave feedback soon.
But I'm giving him a chance to do good!
XXXDad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 AM
  #9  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (195)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Angry I updated to a claim

Claim Filed with Paypal..... Just want my Refund.
Also sent a link to this Feedback fourm yesterday morning.
He was on here 2 pm.
Still ignoring me and my requests.
I just want a Refund..... In Full
XXXDad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:23 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (57)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 3,672
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default

The focus of the PayPal dispute should be that you can't program it. While the nicks are annoying, I expected far worse when I saw the pics.

Not being programmable is absolutely cause for a full refund though.
shagino is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:59 AM
  #11  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (195)
 
XXXDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Default I agree...

Originally Posted by shagino View Post
The focus of the PayPal dispute should be that you can't program it. While the nicks are annoying, I expected far worse when I saw the pics.

Not being programmable is absolutely cause for a full refund though.
He hid the fat of the wires.. the button.... is a must have and not working...
XXXDad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
  #12  
Moderator
iTrader: (142)
 
ilanstylz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SOCAL
Posts: 4,626
Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default

Sucks when things like this happens, I'm pretty sure paypal is going to decide in your favor. Just make sure to leave appropriate feedback so others can be warned........
ilanstylz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
meno1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I don't mean to take sides here, but I'm willing to bet that esc is fully functional. The "missing" button is actually just a plastic peg. That little red rectangle down in the switch case is the actual button, and pushing that down with any small object (remember the old brushed esc days?) would work fine. Also, I don't exactly see where the in the description it says it is absent of any cuts/scratches/etc so unless stated through pm, the description isn't inaccurate as it states 'fully functional', not 'like new'.
Now, that exposed wire shown, while not ideal, doesn't look like it would affect functionality if covered with tape at least (I sometimes use heatshrink to seal off small nicks like that).

As far as not getting a response, that's not debatable. A seller should always reply back when sold items are questioned. At least to give an explanation (maybe like what I stated above). If the seller told you the item was in good condition cosmetically AND functionally, then he lied. If he only said it functions, as stated in the ad, then not so much. He clearly negated to mention the flaws though.

It does suck to get items in this condition without being told beforehand. Anytime I sell something, I always point out the flaws first.
meno1103 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:15 PM
  #14  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,985
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

meno, If I sold you a 1:1 car on ebay and told you it was fully functional with a "few scratches", would you be happy when it showed up with "I'm a cheating MOFO" keyed into the side by a crazed ex-girlfriend? Technically it's a functioning car with a "few scratches" right?

Obviously the missing "button" and crappy wires should have been disclosed, you can't tell me the seller didn't know about them
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
  #15  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
EricW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Meriden, Ct
Posts: 1,907
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by meno1103 View Post
I don't mean to take sides here, but I'm willing to bet that esc is fully functional. The "missing" button is actually just a plastic peg. That little red rectangle down in the switch case is the actual button, and pushing that down with any small object (remember the old brushed esc days?) would work fine. Also, I don't exactly see where the in the description it says it is absent of any cuts/scratches/etc so unless stated through pm, the description isn't inaccurate as it states 'fully functional', not 'like new'.
Now, that exposed wire shown, while not ideal, doesn't look like it would affect functionality if covered with tape at least (I sometimes use heatshrink to seal off small nicks like that).

As far as not getting a response, that's not debatable. A seller should always reply back when sold items are questioned. At least to give an explanation (maybe like what I stated above). If the seller told you the item was in good condition cosmetically AND functionally, then he lied. If he only said it functions, as stated in the ad, then not so much. He clearly negated to mention the flaws though.

It does suck to get items in this condition without being told beforehand. Anytime I sell something, I always point out the flaws first.
If I sold you a car and said it functions then after you bought it I told you that you had to use jumper cables to get it running would you be cool with that?
EricW is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service