Wiki Posts
Search

Question for you all...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
There isn't a transponder in the picture either...maybe one is included?

Or a new Ferrari...

Or a beach front house on Oahu...

Or...

You really DO need to do a better job of listing out SPECIFICALLY what is not included in your auctions

Sorry to hear you caught the jacka$$ of the year. Somebody had to...glad it wasn't me.
Oh well.. So far it's been a time waster.... Amusing none the less.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Buyer filed a dispute with paypal.
Claiming Item "Not as described".

Significantly differing from description. Lacking RADIO, RECEIVER and FUEL FILTER.
He did email and say the car was missing an inline fuel filter which I found on my desk, so I apologized and shipped out the next day to him.

He is requesting a $150 refund for the "discrepency". That is beyond laughable as the auction end price was $162.50. Unbelievable really.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Honestly I can see both of your points. I think you should have mentioned that there was no controller/reciever, but if he had any questions, he should have asked.. Simple case of Miscomunnication really.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4u2nv
Honestly I can see both of your points. I think you should have mentioned that there was no controller/reciever, but if he had any questions, he should have asked.. Simple case of Miscomunnication really.

Why should he mention that? I'm ALL about appropriate disclosure, but no where in the listing is there radio gear shown nor is it mentioned. My tongue-in-cheek reply earlier applies 100 percent...just how much that ISN'T included in the sale has to be "disclosed"? If radio gear was shown in the picture, absolutely he must state it isn't included.

The buyer in this case made assumptions that had ZERO basis in any reasonable fact and is now HOPELESSLY reaching to cover his own gross incompetence...most likely because he doesn't have money to buy radio gear. He may as well ask for world peace and a return to the gold standard because neither was declared "not part of the auction".
Old 07-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Unfortunately the lesson here for future sellers is that you might consider adding disclaimers to your listing if your vehicle isn't completely ready to run.

The seller in this case didn't do anything wrong. Many of us who have been in the hobby realize that used and even new vehicles may require multiple parts to make them race worthy. I've seen plenty of sticker shock when shopping at the local hobby store when a buyer is told that their $300+ kit doesn't come with the electronics needed to make it go.

Based on the buyers comments that the seller should have included comments of what was needed for the vehicle to run, I would conclude that he was comparing the listing on eBay to a listing on an online store like Towerhobbies. The buyer assumed that he was getting a better deal/price than what he could get from a store and bought the vehicle. Now he has buyer's remorse because he neglictated to ask questions. Unfortunately there is no amount of protection a seller can have from the ignorance of a buyer.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Unbeliveable.

We've determined that the buyer should receive a $192.45 USD refund if they
ship the merchandise back to you. The merchandise will be in the same
condition as when the buyer received it and the buyer is responsible for
all shipping and handling costs.
SO I guess I stuck with initial shipping fees, and then what if this donk jacks the car up before shipping it back to me.

I AM 100% PISSED OFF NOW.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

ether this guy has no r/c knowledge or wants something for nothing, next he will blow the motor up and say it was bad when he got it.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by _Hier_
Unbeliveable.

SO I guess I stuck with initial shipping fees, and then what if this donk jacks the car up before shipping it back to me.

i could of givin u a stock radio and reciver but then th jackass will feel like he won !!!! That would piss me off 2
Old 07-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by _Hier_
Unbeliveable.

I'd go back to e-Bay with the case that the refunded amt. should be less the initial shipping cost...that the buyer received EXACTLY what was pictured and described and is obviously experiencing buyer's remorse. See what they say. I'm ALWAYS willing to buy back bigger ticket items that I sell but always specify that refund will be "less shipping cost".
Old 07-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like the buyer decided he did not want it or found a better deal some where else, guess ebay is not getting any of money anymore. What was the persons name?
Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

It seems that paypal is taking this kind of fast, also watch they might refund his money right away all he has to do is provide a tracking number you don't even need to recive the item first, that is at least what they told me last year.

I went through this last year as a buyer. I bought an r/c on ebay, it was bought say all electronics work, anyway the speed control was melted when I open the box. I sent it back and provided the tracking # that they required, and an hour later I had my money back, the package had not even left the post office yet, talk about being f uped.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

After 20 minutes on the phone with paypal....
Still pissed off.

Time to wait and see what I get back from this DONK.

Paypal was nice enough to mention he did only ask for a partial refund which I could have agreed to...and he keeps the item. It was a mere $150 of the $162.50 final auction price.

This is the 2nd time paypal screwed me.

So basically I know this much.

I am out Shipping cost.
I am out Ebay listing and final value cost.

Awesome.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

so you are basicclly paying shipping twice, $ 30 each time so $60, and say $10 in ebay fees , so out $70 and hope you get it back in one peice, say good bye to ebay.

The best luck I have had buying and selling is at the lhs.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
so you are basicclly paying shipping twice, $ 30 each time so $60, and say $10 in ebay fees , so out $70 and hope you get it back in one peice, say good bye to ebay.

The best luck I have had buying and selling is at the lhs.
The buyer has to cover shipping cost to refund the item...
However when I sell the item again I would incure the 2nd set of shipping fees...

FYI... "ITEM SOLD AS IS WITH NO REFUNDS" Means SQUAT...

The only good news out of this is that it only took 3 minutes with Ebay to get a refund on the listing fees and final value fees...Yay... $10 credit.

Last edited by _Hier_; 07-24-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Please help me in creating my blanket disclosure statement for when I relist this item..

I will start it...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a result of stupidity by "Jason Jones ebay id jjj2586" the following information has been added for you.

For those of you bidding whom are deemed to stupid to understand what you are purchasing. You are bidding on the items listed and pictured in this listing, anything not pictured that you may receive should be considered a "gift".

To avoid any confusion the following items that you assume are included really are NOT INCLUDED.
-Radio and Receiver of any kind, especially the imaginary kinds.
-4 AA batteries for the Receiver pack
-Lifetime supply of AA batteries for any Radio not included in this auction.
-Glow plug ignitor
-Rechargable battery for glow plug ignitor
-A brand new Ferrari nor is a slight used Ferrari
-A horse
-My dog
-My house
-"INSERT" any other item you may dream up.

I would have posted pictures of the items not included to clarify, however I did not want to confuse you any further.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.